FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


the real "mission accomplished"





handfleisch
No circus act on an aircraft carrier, no flight suit highlighting Bush's groin, no lies about WMD. The tragedy and war crime that was USA's attack and occupation of Iraq is ending in time to get the soldiers home for Christmas. Of course, the war's destabilization of the country and the Middle East, the legacy of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis murdered will go on for decades. But at least Obama is getting us out.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-iraq-withdrawaltre7be0om-20111215,0,4640423.story
Quote:
U.S. military marks end to nearly nine bloody years in Iraq
ocalhoun
...Video won't load for me...
Is this another 'the war is over. We're staying, of course, but not "at war" anymore' thing, or are the troops actually leaving?
deanhills
Hmmm Handfleisch don't see you making any mention of the legislation that was signed by Obama at the beginning of the year about Gitmo. It's still there and does not look as though it will ever be closed. Some people sees it as a strike against human rights. Obama saw it the same during his initial Presidential campaign - and that was a REAL mission of his too, but then had a change of heart along the way. How do you see it?
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
...Video won't load for me...
Is this another 'the war is over. We're staying, of course, but not "at war" anymore' thing, or are the troops actually leaving?

No radio, TV or newspapers available where you live? The last US combat troops left Iraq yesterday.
liljp617
Good. Would be better if the private military contractors weren't sticking around. I guess the war is over. The occupation probably never will be.
standready
However, like Arnold said "I'ii be back"! Iraq will be asking somebody's military to defend their lazy butts again soon. Iran already knocking on their door.
liljp617
standready wrote:
However, like Arnold said "I'ii be back"! Iraq will be asking somebody's military to defend their lazy butts again soon. Iran already knocking on their door.


This seems like a poor choice of words Confused
deanhills
standready wrote:
However, like Arnold said "I'ii be back"! Iraq will be asking somebody's military to defend their lazy butts again soon. Iran already knocking on their door.
I've always thought exactly that. Iraq is not strong enough to withstand Iran, who I'm sure is already salivating to get even with Iraq on a number of issues that had not been resolved during their last war. I imagine the US has probably considered those issues and they may have been written down as collateral damage. Yet at the same time the US is making all kinds of cautionary remarks (and warnings to Iran) against Iran to the equivalent of those that had originally been made before the US had entered Iraq - i.e. weapons of mass destruction (Iraq) vs Nuclear weapons (Iran). I'd have thought Iraq would have been a good place to be positioned in, if it were really true that Iran were a threat to world peace?
jmi256
Glad to see the Surge that Democrats fought against worked, as well as the Bush Doctrine of spreading democracy throughout the Middle East with a free Iraq as the anchor. We'll see if this is actually a true end of military operations on the part of the US, however, or yet another sign that Obama would rather create a PR stunt that plays well with his base while putting the US’ interests and her soldiers in harm’s way. From the reports of increased violence and attacks in Iraq since Obama’s publicity stunt, however, it seems this has been poorly planned and managed, which is of no surprise.
catscratches
I'm not sure I'm following. How exactly is removing the troops putting any soldiers in harm's way? Surely having them fight a war is more harmful than... not fighting? I can see how pulling out would not be considered the best option, but I can't see how it could be considered the most dangerous one for the soldiers.

And how can you say Bush's "spreading democracy" (by military invasion) is a success if the country is still violent and dependent on US military?
deanhills
jmi256 wrote:
Glad to see the Surge that Democrats fought against worked, as well as the Bush Doctrine of spreading democracy throughout the Middle East with a free Iraq as the anchor. We'll see if this is actually a true end of military operations on the part of the US, however, or yet another sign that Obama would rather create a PR stunt that plays well with his base while putting the US’ interests and her soldiers in harm’s way. From the reports of increased violence and attacks in Iraq since Obama’s publicity stunt, however, it seems this has been poorly planned and managed, which is of no surprise.
Agreed. Almost the equivalent of the enormous media campaign surrounding the assassination of Bin Laden at the point when he had almost no more power, his money had run out and he had all but become a sitting duck ready for a disaster to strike. His whereabouts had become up for the grabs, no doubt when he could no longer afford to "purchase" his security from the surrounding Pakistani military.
Related topics
My list of musics
What did Bush lie about?
'Safe cigarette' is claimed to cut cancer by 90%
"A little word from Iraq"
Another religions
Salman Khan Jailed
Who thinks Rummy should stay?
Comments on New Color Scheme
Bush's Reign
Moore Sued for Misleading Interview in 'Fahrenheit 9/11'
Muisc/ Video PIRACY, is it right?
Fifa 07
What's the diference
Americans want universal health care. Why can't we get it?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.