FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cPanel or what ? I cannot see any option to Uncompress :(

ankurthakur
Hello Staff,

I wish that I am posting it in right section.

After my request is successfully accepted after about a week and the account info was provided, I Logged in and see a panel named Direct Admin. I was surprised to see because It was new for me and I could not found any option to Uncompress a Zip file.

As I explained in my request that I will be moving my website from my old hosting, so I guess that you people are aware that moving takes a lot of time when file is uploaded one by one. Of course, I zipped the content from old hosting and now preparing to upload it and extract it.

But How do I do it now? I cannot see any option for Unzipping it. cPanel provides this option but I cannot see any details regarding cPanel in my PM. Also, when I tried opening http://www.mysite.frihost.org:2082 port for cPanel, it doesn't open.

So Please help me. My Backup ZIP comprises of more than 4,000 files and it will take my whole day for uploading these number of files.

Can anyone clear me?

Thank You

Regards,
Ankur Thakur
Bondings
DirectAdmin does provide an unzip option for zip files (and also .tar.gz files if I'm not mistaken) in the file manager. For DirectAdmin, instead of the 2082 port you need to use the 2222 port, you can find the link to it on your Account page.

So you need to go and login to your DirectAdmin account, then go to the File Manager (the link is on top called Files) and navigate to domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ (with <domain_name> the name of the domain you want the contents to be in) and upload the zip file there (or better, upload it to that location with ftp considering it's probably a big file). After it is uploaded to that directory, there should appear an unzip option next to the file in the DirectAdmin file manager. Clicking on that link should unzip it.

If you still have problems with it, do not hesitate to ask for more support. Smile
ankurthakur
Bondings wrote:
DirectAdmin does provide an unzip option for zip files (and also .tar.gz files if I'm not mistaken) in the file manager. For DirectAdmin, instead of the 2082 port you need to use the 2222 port, you can find the link to it on your Account page.

So you need to go and login to your DirectAdmin account, then go to the File Manager (the link is on top called Files) and navigate to domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ (with <domain_name> the name of the domain you want the contents to be in) and upload the zip file there (or better, upload it to that location with ftp considering it's probably a big file). After it is uploaded to that directory, there should appear an unzip option next to the file in the DirectAdmin file manager. Clicking on that link should unzip it.

If you still have problems with it, do not hesitate to ask for more support. Smile

Thanks. but,

I uploaded the file and its 34 MB Zip. I extracted it using the Extract link given and it showed me the list of total extracted 4,555 files. But when I get back to File manager, I can't see those extracted file Surprised

I thought that there could be some problem with DirectAdmin so I use FTP to browse but didn't see any of the extracted file there. I remember that I extracted it in public_html folder.

Is it not possible that I can request for a cPanel account ? Question

Regards,
Ankur Thakur
Bondings
ankurthakur wrote:
I uploaded the file and its 34 MB Zip. I extracted it using the Extract link given and it showed me the list of total extracted 4,555 files. But when I get back to File manager, I can't see those extracted file Surprised

I thought that there could be some problem with DirectAdmin so I use FTP to browse but didn't see any of the extracted file there. I remember that I extracted it in public_html folder.

Regards,
Ankur Thakur

On the page that showed the list of files, you had to choose/type in the directory (the current one was already typed in by default) and then click on extract. Anyway, I clicked on the extract there and there were a lot of files extracted. I suppose you still need to create a mysql database and user and put that username/password in a config file.
ankurthakur
Bondings wrote:
ankurthakur wrote:

Regards,
Ankur Thakur

On the page that showed the list of files, you had to choose/type in the directory (the current one was already typed in by default) and then click on extract. Anyway, I clicked on the extract there and there were a lot of files extracted. I suppose you still need to create a mysql database and user and put that username/password in a config file.

Oh yeah... I just Login and saw that files are there. But what was that it doesn't showed it to me when I extracted ? Question
Yeah. Setting up mysql was my next step after this Wink

Thanks
ankurthakur
Thanks you. Its working now.

Also, I changed the Main domain of my account to ankurthakur.in. If I am not wrong then /public_html and /domains/ankurthakur.in/public_html are mirrors ?

Or which one should I edit ?

Regards,
Ankur
Bondings
ankurthakur wrote:
Thanks you. Its working now.

Also, I changed the Main domain of my account to ankurthakur.in. If I am not wrong then /public_html and /domains/ankurthakur.in/public_html are mirrors ?

Or which one should I edit ?

Regards,
Ankur

The public_html is a redirect/shortcut to the public_html directory of the default domain. So you can use both.
ankurthakur
Thanks for all your kind help Bondings Smile
inoshi
Ok clearer from this thread.