FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help: Locked Out Account

jdelfire
Not sure if i am posting this on the right section:

I am unable to access my cpanel and ftp - I was in the office and inadvertently configured my filezilla with the wrong password - got it confused with my work FTP. so I waited for a few minutes but no luck and when I got home I was able to access both cpanel and FTP.

When I got back in the office the first thing I did was deleting the profile in filezilla.
I checked if I can access cpanel but still locked out. I reconfigured my profile in filezilla still couldn't get through. I tried accessing ftp via CMD line - still no luck

kindly assist - Thank you in advance

Brute Force Protection
This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait a few minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.
Login
k_s_baskar
Try to access by disabling firewall from your computer.
deanhills
Or work your way around the Firewall by accessing it this way:
"http://cpanel.yourname.frihost.net/" (without the quotes)
Bondings
It should normally start working again if you don't (try to) login for a long time (I suggest a day) from work and when you try to login you should use the correct password for the first time, of course. If it still doesn't work, please pm me the ip address you have at work and I'll try to unban it.
jdelfire
Bondings wrote:
It should normally start working again if you don't (try to) login for a long time (I suggest a day) from work and when you try to login you should use the correct password for the first time, of course. If it still doesn't work, please pm me the ip address you have at work and I'll try to unban it.

Thank you so much - the password reset works I was able to access it from home.

but still couldn't access it from work - looks like the IP address was banned.

Let's go ahead with your plan - I wont access my cpanel for 3 days since its weekend anyway.

On Monday I will PM the IP address if the problem persist. I apologize for this - I really can't say if its

the ISP or filezilla that had some errors and did multiple attempts to login.

And again thank you so much