FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iTunes

Tony The Tiger
Why isn't my iTunes automatically finding the artwork for the CDs that I am ripping? Where is the setting to make sure that that happens automatically?
Blummer
That's a paid function, isn't it?
Tony The Tiger
Blummer wrote:
That's a paid function, isn't it?

I thought it was just a software option. It use to be. I assume it still is.
Blummer
I also thought it can find artwork automatically if you put the file called 'cover' or something else in corresponding folder. It won't, you have to browse for cover and apply it to files.
Tony The Tiger
Blummer wrote:
I also thought it can find artwork automatically if you put the file called 'cover' or something else in corresponding folder. It won't, you have to browse for cover and apply it to files.

Are you talking about a file like cover.jpg? Are you familiar with the get album artwork. The software knows how to download album art. You do not have to have the .jpg file on your computer, AFAIK.
Tony The Tiger
I have just noticed where it is and why I am having trouble using it. In edit > preferences > general, there is a section "When you insert a CD". In this section, there is a checkbox next to "Automatically download missing album artwork". However this option is greyed out for me. I am unable to select it even though I am able to check the box above it that says "Automatically retrieve CD track names from internet". If anyone can explain what is going on now that I have added some additional details, it would be appreciated.
Tony The Tiger
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have just noticed where it is and why I am having trouble using it. In edit > preferences > general, there is a section "When you insert a CD". In this section, there is a checkbox next to "Automatically download missing album artwork". However this option is greyed out for me. I am unable to select it even though I am able to check the box above it that says "Automatically retrieve CD track names from internet". If anyone can explain what is going on now that I have added some additional details, it would be appreciated.

I stopped in at the Apple store on Michigan Avenue last week and they told me that iTunes now allows you to search for album artwork for all the songs on an album by selecting a song and using album artwork. When I got back home and tried to use the feature on the next album that I ripped into iTunes, I found that it is an extremely simple feature to use. The only requirement is that you sign in to the iTunes store prior to making the artwork search request.