FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The New Seven Wonders of the World (Provisional)

FastDebrid
I know it's been released and I have to say, I couldn't agree more with the results. Still, I wish all the candidates could have been included and the number of the new wonders of the world were just expanded.hihih

Amazon

Halong Bay

Iguazu Falls

Jeju Island

Komodo

Puerto Princesa Underground River

Table Mountain
deanhills
Must say Halong Bay is pretty awesome.
ocalhoun
The problem with any such list is that there are a lot more than just 7 wonders in the world.
They're always going to leave some fairly important ones out, no matter which 7 they pick.

That said, to pick on this one...
What's so great about Table Mountain and Jeju Island?
Sure, they seem to be pretty interesting geological formations... but I don't see what it is that makes them 'wonders of the world'.
The rest are pretty good choices though.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
What's so great about Table Mountain
Aha .... you probably never visited Cape Town before. Very Happy
Hello_World
Komodos are pretty cool animals but so are orangatans... or any number of amazing wildlife... how did an animal get in this list?
ankurthakur
These places look so awesome... I wish to visit them atleast once in my life Very Happy

However, I think that there are various others wonders in the world which are not included in the list.. So love your earth... Very Happy
deanhills
Hello_World wrote:
Komodos are pretty cool animals but so are orangatans... or any number of amazing wildlife... how did an animal get in this list?
Maybe it has to do with the Komodo island more than the komodos?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_%28island%29
FastDebrid
ocalhoun wrote:
The problem with any such list is that there are a lot more than just 7 wonders in the world.
They're always going to leave some fairly important ones out, no matter which 7 they pick.

That said, to pick on this one...
What's so great about Table Mountain and Jeju Island?
Sure, they seem to be pretty interesting geological formations... but I don't see what it is that makes them 'wonders of the world'.
The rest are pretty good choices though.

Perhaps what makes them wonders are their forms themselves and the beauty they have.
I have to agree that there are a lot of other wonders to be considered. Perhaps, it just went down to the countries most addicted to the internet or addicted to texting. 'Cause from what I know the voting was done online and through text.
FastDebrid
Hello_World wrote:

I think it's the nature reserve or the park wherein the komodos and other extinct animals have been settled.
brandon02852
I noticed that all these places are in the tropics (or very close).

There are some extremely beautiful wonders in the northern (snowy) regions too.

This should be renamed to the seven tropical wonders of the world
deanhills
brandon02852 wrote:
I noticed that all these places are in the tropics (or very close).

There are some extremely beautiful wonders in the northern (snowy) regions too.

This should be renamed to the seven tropical wonders of the world
Agreed. There are some fabulous mountains all over the world. Perhaps they should have a category for that too. Guess the Himalayas would probably be No. 1? Or the Andes? Question
Segia
I've been to the Table Mountain and found it to be quite disappointing, really. Surely something more magical than that touristy park on a mountain top exists.
johans
Puerto Princesa Underground River

IS AMAZING!!!! Very Nature.. Location: PHILIPPINES

I VOTE for this in 7 wonders of the World.

Very Happy