FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Carrots, and Nitrates.

Destin
I always hear warnings about nitrate issues, when cooking carrots for homemade baby food. However I never hear that about cooking carrots, in general. Does anyone, know if nitrates are truly an issue?
codersfriend
hi where did you read about that? I like carrots cooked or eaten raw Smile
maybe you should just make sure that the manufacturer is trusted and approved by your government's food department
Nathanastle
Well I have not heard that there might be an issue nitrates regarding carrots . I use to eat carrots with out any problem .I f you think there is an issue of nitrates then lets us know . Please share with us .
deanhills
Nathanastle wrote:
Well I have not heard that there might be an issue nitrates regarding carrots . I use to eat carrots with out any problem .I f you think there is an issue of nitrates then lets us know . Please share with us .
I find it perplexing as well. Nitrates are more an issue with preserved products, I always thought carrots rarely are treated with preservatives. As they are quite robust vegetables?
codersfriend
Maybe it's the issue about gerber.. I remember gerber was sued before/.. I can't recall whether the reason was that is was spoiled or it contained nitrate .. I'll do some research