FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Garlic, is good for health.

Destin
There are reports, that eating garlic reduces the frequency and severity of the common cold. I also read garlic is good for cardiovascular problems, due to its blood pressure lowering effect blood lipid lowering effects and its anticoagulant properties.
deanhills
I seem to recall another thread about this, anyway, everyone will probably agree with you on this one. I particularly like it for its great flavour in foods. I find if I use fresh garlic in avocado for example I need less salt as well.
Nameless
Garlic:
Good for health, maybe not so good for kissing?
splintercdo
Quote:
Garlic:

True that Laughing

But Garlic is one of my favorites! I don't understand how people can say they don't like it, I can eat garlic almost with everything else!

And it's crazy good for health try to live in a country where I live trough all this rain and snow! You will see garlic is THE s**t Wink
Nathanastle
Well there is no doubt that garlic is amazing in its benefits . Some are as follows

It helps in weight loss
It also control high blood pressure
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
Garlic:
Depending whether you like the person or not? Wink
codersfriend
Destin wrote:
garlic is good for cardiovascular problems

Yes it can be eaten by people with high blood pressure..
garlic was used as medicine before..
tingkagol
I prefer my garlic fried before I attempt to do any chewing.
mshafiq
Garlic is very good medicine for heart
it helps to control blood pressure

i love garlic.i eat daily with my lunch

helps to porevent cancer

help to loss weight
deanhills
mshafiq wrote:

helps to porevent cancer

help to loss weight
I didn't realize it was helpful for losing weight. I like garlic raw, but when I have it raw I prefer it pressed. Smile
purple
mshafiq wrote:

helps to porevent cancer

help to loss weight

It maintains cholesterol levels as well. But never heard of preventing cancer.
monique06
Wow! Thanks for the info...
And I'm also a garlic lover...putting garlic in the corn and nuts will do great tastes!
deanhills
monique06 wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the info...
And I'm also a garlic lover...putting garlic in the corn and nuts will do great tastes!
Right. And garlic butter is quite awesome on toast for savoury snacks. Limitless possibilities! Smile
purple
For those who don't like to chew raw garlic or doesn't like long-lasting smell of garlic...there are many supplement available on the market (even ordorless garlic tablets).

Hope this helps!
ujjwalshrestha
Garlic bread, Garlic Naan... my favourites.
nguyenvulong
Yes it prevents flu and coughing ...

good for your health, hehe Surprised
nguyenvulong
Yes it prevents flu and coughing ...

good for your health, hehe Surprised
shankul
Garlic is good for health as it also increase our urge to drink water and as it increases our urge to drink water it also makes our kidney function well as it increases its functionality..
lovescience
I love garlic especially in winter. I like to have some of it too when I feel sleepy. Take a bit on a raw garlic wakes me up.
D'Artagnan
well i don't care, as long as it makes things delicious!
mshafiq
garlic is very very important for health we are eating daily one glove with our lunch.i put garlic in jar and add vinegar. . in this way you can remove the sharp smell of garlic.but we are eating daily to protect our heart and protect our self from blood pressure.
loveandormoney
Destin wrote:
There are reports, that eating garlic reduces the frequency and severity of the common cold. I also read garlic is good for cardiovascular problems, due to its blood pressure lowering effect blood lipid lowering effects and its anticoagulant properties.

If You like garlic or onions,
be careful with Your blood pressure.
jhon98
garlic is really good for the health as it contains such a great and natural elements that are used to control the cholesterol from the body and body remain healthy.
loveandormoney
There is onyl one thibng:
If Your blodd pressure is low or very low, then garlic and onions can be dangerous. Please ask Your doctor about this.
jajarvin
I am eating garlic daily and I stay healthy.
ZeytinGrafik
Garlic is a great thing to consume and thanks to my countries eating habits, we put garlic in most of our food. After being cooked it does not smell but i wonder if it looses its properties with the smell too.
annielizstan
Hi, Really raw garlic can reduce harmful blood fats.Garlic is effective for protecting against fungal infections, parasites, viruses, and chronic yeast infections. Garlic can improve circulation.Really Garlic, is good for your health.
kate124
It is true that galric is recommended for for cardiovascular diseases and it controls the level of blood pressure. It is also good for those who wants to grow their nails fast. rubbing garlic against the nails make them grow fast. but i wonder if garlic is effective forany ENT problems. Instead I have heard about ginger that it is really effective for throat problems
Atwater
Garlic is good for health as it also increase our desire to stay hydrated and as it improves our desire to stay hydrated it also makes our kidney function well as it improves its functionality.....
Morris23
Garlic is one of the most beneficial solutions for decreasing blood pressure. It is reduced because it has the power to convenience the spasm of the small bloodstream. It also decreases the pulse and modify the heart beat.
Arnolde
Hi Destin,
Great post on garlic health benefits and like to add garlic is great for health so we must add garlic in our daily meals. Garlic prevents from certain types of cancer, cold and flu. Garlic reduce cholesterol level, lowers blood pressure and prevent us from obesity, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
Dominicq
Hi Destin,
Yes you heard right that garlic prevents from cold and flu. Garlic is great for health so we must add garlic in our daily meal plans. Garlic helps in losing and maintaining healthy body weight, garlic prevents from certain types of cancer, reduces cholesterol level, lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of depression, obesity and heart disease.
moncong
Nameless wrote:
Garlic:

Laughing absolutely
mshafiq
Garlic is excellent source of health.
Always we should use Raw garlic as compared to cook garlic because in raw garlic enzyme is active and helpful in reducing the cancer but when we cook the garlic enzyme is not produced or in active.
Cut a clove of garlic into small pieces and swallow the small pieces one at a time with meal.
It has many health benfits. By eating garlic with meal like that helps you to prevent from many diseases.
Garlic is a blood thinner. it is anti fungal and antibacterial. If we will use raw garlic daily then it helps to keep joints healthy.
Deline
I dont know in other countries, but here in Brazil we really love to temper the food with garlic, so it will never be a problem to include this in a diet or healthy plan Smile
johans
I heard it but i am not sure also.
Nyasro
I think garlic is best for health
moncong
garlic is good for our body but there some statement i found

"Garlic has been regarded as a force for both good and evil. In both Hinduism and Jainism, garlic is considered to stimulate and warm the body and to increase one's desires. Some devout Hindus generally avoid using garlic and the related onion in the preparation of foods for religious festivities and events. Followers of the Jain religion avoid eating garlic and onion on a daily basis."

i also found some info that garlic is not good for vegan people because the effect of garlic is to neutralize from meat that we eat.

correct me if i am wrong Smile
Pippo90
It's incredibly good for your health, in particular to keep your arteries open!
mshafiq
Garlic is best for health.
ScriptHunter
Omg i really love garlic dressing, garlic bread and everything with garlic in it.
Garlic is sooo goood!!
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:
I am eating garlic daily and I stay healthy.

Very good concept.
Continue.