FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bastion

weableandbob
Has anyone else here played Bastion? I picked it up recently when it went on sale on Steam, and I have to say, it's really really good. At its core, it's an isometric hack and slash game with a bunch of upgradable weapons and powers. What sets it apart from other games, though, is the combination of hand-drawn graphics, original, well composed music, and especially the narrator, who both tells the story and comments on your character's actions. It all comes together to make a really well designed game that I highly recommend. It's available on XBOX Live Arcade and Steam for around $20 or so, and they just released a Chrome app that supposedly works pretty well for $15.
meiz
yeah, Bastion is awesome, i'm playing the game recently. Twisted Evil
luciferfawkes
I didn't look much into the game but after reading your post, it has intrigued me to look into it more. I just might have to get the game now, thank you. :]
meiz
Bastion is a rather addictive action RPG with a level structure. these days i played this game. i like Wielding the upgradeable weapons. Laughing Laughing Laughing
wombatrpgs
"Isometric hack and slash" could almost sell it alone.
LostOverThere
Yeah, Bastion is pretty good, but I have a lot of issues with it. I think the game-play is utterly dull. Generic is an understatement. With that being said, the music and graphics are great, and the narration is a wonderful addition. Why has no-one tried adding a narration to a game beforehand?!