FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FOX NEWS Shocked by its own poll that says Obama will win

handfleisch
Hilarious. Gretchen Carlson freaks out.

deanhills
I'd have thought the percentage for Obama would have been greater. That has to be a no-brainer?
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
I'd have thought the percentage for Obama would have been greater. That has to be a no-brainer?

Don't underestimate Fox news Wink

I was amused by the reaction "This must be the wrong poll!"
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Right. Something does not fit quite right in here. Perhaps the questions that they must have come up for the poll? Who knows, maybe they had been hoping for a split in the votes.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
Who knows, maybe they had been hoping for a split in the votes.

Yeah, I think it's as simple as expectations that weren't met by reality.
crystalkey
People's expectations are often dashed when a dose of reality is mixed in. Fox News is a conservative media outlet and has NEVER endorsed anything related to Obama, whether it makes sense for the US public or not.
liljp617
deanhills wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Right. Something does not fit quite right in here. Perhaps the questions that they must have come up for the poll? Who knows, maybe they had been hoping for a split in the votes.

It's probably that they're delusional 99% of the time they're on the air and probably off the air as well.
bgreese
I find it surprising that they were surprised at all. Even those that I talk to that are ultra conservative realize that there isn't a single candidate for the conservative side worth voting for. While I don't like a lot of the things that Obama has done, there is no way to beat him with even worse options. Not a single conservative even has a real platform aside from anti-Obama, and while that is the entire reason that Obama got in (the anti-Bush campaign that he had) the hatred for Obama isn't there to support it in this case. We need another option if we hope for any kind of a change.
deanhills
bgreese wrote:
I find it surprising that they were surprised at all. Even those that I talk to that are ultra conservative realize that there isn't a single candidate for the conservative side worth voting for. While I don't like a lot of the things that Obama has done, there is no way to beat him with even worse options. Not a single conservative even has a real platform aside from anti-Obama, and while that is the entire reason that Obama got in (the anti-Bush campaign that he had) the hatred for Obama isn't there to support it in this case. We need another option if we hope for any kind of a change.
Although I agree with you that Obama's going to win the race, I don't know what you mean by conservative? I don't see much difference between Obama and Gingrich. What are the differences? Before Obama became a President he had the appearance of a liberal through his campaign speeches, but as President I see him conservative, following the same kind of style as Presidents had before him. I don't think there is much latitude anyway to be a liberal in a political system that is not liberal at all. The only differences in quality of Presidents are the mistakes or absence of mistakes they make, and Obama has not made many of those.

Just came across this cartoon of Pat Oliphant's. Very Happy

Source: Yahoo
gandalfthegrey
Notice how they did not mention Ron Paul. As a current Independent and a former Democrat, I plan I voting for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate the Republicans have that can beat Barack Obama, as he appeals to independents, non-voters and many democrats.

Mitt Romney comes across as a rich, stuck up, blue-blooded New Englander - not unlike the Kennedy's or George Bush Sr.

New Gingrich is yesterday's news and generates about as much excitement as mud.

If either of these clowns were the Republican nominee and it seemed like they had a chance of winning, I'd hold my nose and vote for Obama again.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
Although I agree with you that Obama's going to win the race, I don't know what you mean by conservative? I don't see much difference between Obama and Gingrich. What are the differences? Before Obama became a President he had the appearance of a liberal through his campaign speeches, but as President I see him conservative, following the same kind of style as Presidents had before him. I don't think there is much latitude anyway to be a liberal in a political system that is not liberal at all. The only differences in quality of Presidents are the mistakes or absence of mistakes they make, and Obama has not made many of those.

I would imagine he means "conservative" in terms of party categorization, though the actual platforms of the conservative and liberal parties are all too similar to really make meaningful distinction Wink
With that in mind, I certainly agree with you. Obama's been a terrible disappointment as a president to little ol' Canadian me. He campaigned with such promise, but, like so many, has failed to deliver. Some of that isn't his fault, he faces/faced a LOT of opposition from the right almost entirely on principle rather than any consideration for what might be good for the nation... but, he's also made a lot of straight up conservative style choices in some of the bills he's passed/supported... he hasn't come off as functionally liberal at all (all of which really takes the wind out of a lot of conservative nay-sayers' sails, though they don't recognize it).
I suppose the American right is getting their right-ist president whether or not their candidates can even come close to winning the presidential bid. Even if Obama wins term 2 they're still getting what they want (though they'll never admit it!).
ocalhoun
gandalfthegrey wrote:

If either of these clowns were the Republican nominee and it seemed like they had a chance of winning, I'd hold my nose and vote for Obama again.

I'll never again 'hold my nose and vote'.

I don't care if the third party options haven't got the slightest chance of winning -- I don't care if it means I have to write someone in... I will vote for someone I want as a leader.

--Having your vote go to a politician you don't like is worse than not voting at all.
bgreese
deanhills wrote:
Although I agree with you that Obama's going to win the race, I don't know what you mean by conservative? I don't see much difference between Obama and Gingrich. What are the differences?

First of all, I did mean party wise. Every race comes down to the Democrats vs. the Republicans in our ridiculous, two party system. Obama will be the Liberal candidate and there won't be a conservative worth voting for against him.

However, while not all of his decisions have been terribly liberal, I believe I have a few that point out how far left Obama is:

Cap and Trade that stifles American business is definitely a Liberal plan.
National Health Care is definitely a Liberal plan.
Cutting the military, yet again, is definitely a Liberal plan.

Another interesting article could be found here.