FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

accdb files in ubuntu

davidv
I recently got back to Linux because I've missed Vim too much. Anyway, one of the things that bugged me before was not being able to open any of my .accdb files created in Windows. Does anybody know a dbms software in ubuntu that provides similar functionality as Microsoft Access? That is, able to open .accdb files and also the fun awesome stuff in Access.

NOTE: I want something native i.e. I don't want to use wine and I don't want to use any vb/vm stuff.

Thanks.
davidv
davidv wrote:
I recently got back to Linux because I've missed Vim too much. Anyway, one of the things that bugged me before was not being able to open any of my .accdb files created in Windows. Does anybody know a dbms software in ubuntu that provides similar functionality as Microsoft Access? That is, able to open .accdb files and also the fun awesome stuff in Access.

NOTE: I want something native i.e. I don't want to use wine and I don't want to use any vb/vm stuff.

Thanks.

I take it no one knows any software of the sort? If so, I guess I'll have to make one myself over the next week or so.