FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FEBE Firefox addin

Tony The Tiger
I have been a regular user of the FEBE addin on firefox for many years. I have firefox 8.0 installed. I am using FEBE 7.0.2. When I select Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options, a blank window opens that seems to be hung up. I am unable to perform any operations that would change or update my options and the software seems to be searching for the wrong folder. Thus, it is not properly backing everything up.
silverdown
Last time i used that I had to reinstall firefox, so I dont use it anymore since like Firefox 2.0.... evil thing Laughing Laughing
Tony The Tiger
silverdown wrote:
Last time i used that I had to reinstall firefox, so I dont use it anymore since like Firefox 2.0.... evil thing Laughing Laughing

This is my first version of firefox that it did not work in.
meiz
I prefer to edit the profiles.ini and change the profile folder to the absolute path. Cool
Tony The Tiger
meiz wrote:
I prefer to edit the profiles.ini and change the profile folder to the absolute path. Cool

How do you do that? Does it require special software?
meiz
Tony The Tiger wrote:
meiz wrote:

It doesnt require any software at all.

the how-to article as follow:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder

FYI Wink
Tony The Tiger
meiz wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
meiz wrote:

FYI Wink

It seems to me that the profile folder is something that applies to your browser and any addon or webpage that you may be using. I am having a specific problem with a single addon. I don't think the global change that you are directing me to is actually an appropriate suggestion. Am I misunderstanding the suggestion?
flamepjlh
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have been a regular user of the FEBE addin on firefox for many years. I have firefox 8.0 installed. I am using FEBE 7.0.2. When I select Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options, a blank window opens that seems to be hung up. I am unable to perform any operations that would change or update my options and the software seems to be searching for the wrong folder. Thus, it is not properly backing everything up.

Just use mozbak to backup everything.                                 

It will save you a lot of trouble.                                  
Wink Wink
Tony The Tiger
flamepjlh wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Just use mozbak to backup everything.                                 

It will save you a lot of trouble.                                  
Wink Wink

I am about to try it. Does it save all your settings?
meiz
Tony The Tiger wrote:
meiz wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
meiz wrote:

FYI Wink

It seems to me that the profile folder is something that applies to your browser and any addon or webpage that you may be using. I am having a specific problem with a single addon. I don't think the global change that you are directing me to is actually an appropriate suggestion. Am I misunderstanding the suggestion?

If only talking about FEBE, you're right. I have used FEBE before, but it always can't restore some prefs. So i give it up, and select the above method instead of FEBE. In my opion, this method is that moving once using forever even if you reinstall your OS.
Rolling Eyes