FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox

Tony The Tiger
My firefox is not working properly. No web page that plays video is producing any sound. However, if I copy the url to Opera, Chrome or Internet Explorer (I have not tried to copy to my Safari browser yet), the same page plays with totally normal audio. This includes YouTube as well as things like network television shows that you can view at the likes of www.cbs.com. I called Hewlett Packard (I have a 2010 Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7) and they were the ones that prompted me to try other browsers. Once they confirmed it was working with other browsers, they suggested that I make sure that I have the latest versions of the addins and such like Adobe flash. I am not sure what other addins could be giving me the problem. Suggestions are welcome.
Nameless
Your first check should probably be disabling each of the add-ons in turn, in case one of those is buggy or conflicting with another. Revert any settings you've changed since the last time everything was working fine. Clear out your cache / cookies on the off chance something there broke. *shrug*
Tony The Tiger
Nameless wrote:
Your first check should probably be disabling each of the add-ons in turn, in case one of those is buggy or conflicting with another. Revert any settings you've changed since the last time everything was working fine. Clear out your cache / cookies on the off chance something there broke. *shrug*

It seems that whenever I use the HP DVD Play software, it screws up my Firefox audio. I have to reboot Firefox after using that software, which is not designed for Windows 7.
flamepjlh
Tony The Tiger wrote:
My firefox is not working properly. No web page that plays video is producing any sound. However, if I copy the url to Opera, Chrome or Internet Explorer (I have not tried to copy to my Safari browser yet), the same page plays with totally normal audio. This includes YouTube as well as things like network television shows that you can view at the likes of www.cbs.com. I called Hewlett Packard (I have a 2010 Pavilion DV7 with Windows 7) and they were the ones that prompted me to try other browsers. Once they confirmed it was working with other browsers, they suggested that I make sure that I have the latest versions of the addins and such like Adobe flash. I am not sure what other addins could be giving me the problem. Suggestions are welcome.

Did you install any extensions of firefox by mistake?                          

May be some grease monkey script will cause that weired action.                   

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
rjraaz
I think that may problem of default application accociated with that video type or media type.

As per concern to youtube that videos are flv format, have to associate application for flv type in option of firefox.

Just check that which application is associated to flv format in firefox for that go to tools->options->applications

i hope above image may help you
Tony The Tiger
rjraaz wrote:
I think that may problem of default application accociated with that video type or media type.

As per concern to youtube that videos are flv format, have to associate application for flv type in option of firefox.

Just check that which application is associated to flv format in firefox for that go to tools->options->applications

I don't seem to have shockwave flash. Is this something that I am suppose to install.
rjraaz
Tony The Tiger wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

I don't seem to have shockwave flash. Is this something that I am suppose to install.

Yup! You can download plugin from adobe site: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
silverdown
To me Firefox is growing in versions to fast
rjraaz
silverdown wrote:

Yes that is right i had updated firefox to 9.0, But after 4 or 5 days new update 9.0.1 i now available.

but could get its changelog.
Tony The Tiger
rjraaz wrote:
silverdown wrote:

Yes that is right i had updated firefox to 9.0, But after 4 or 5 days new update 9.0.1 i now available.

but could get its changelog.

How important is it to keep updateing to the latest fractional version. Going from 8.0 to 9.0 is surely worth doing, but is it really necessary to update from 9.0 to 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 and so on every time they make a minor revision to the latest available version?
rjraaz
Yes, that is not necessary to update for minor version changes. but sometimes these minor version change have security issues resolved that are most needed.
GuidanceReader
Firefox kept giving me grief so I gave up on it. Besides issues like that, I was having (still do if I use it) major issues with memory blow out. I use Chrome now.
mukesh
Mozilla Firefox is my best web browser but problem always release new-new version. Sad
rjraaz
mukesh wrote:
Mozilla Firefox is my best web browser but problem always release new-new version. Sad

New versions are not the problem, if you dont want to update just stop auto updating going through option panel. And in future if required to install check the update manually thats it.
dude_xyx
I'm having a problem with Firefox 9.0.1. I'm unable login to some sites like Facebook. Keep telling email is not exist and recover the password. Works fine in Google Chrome.

Must be something wrong with Cookies.
Hexes
dude_xyx wrote:
I'm having a problem with Firefox 9.0.1. I'm unable login to some sites like Facebook. Keep telling email is not exist and recover the password. Works fine in Google Chrome.

Must be something wrong with Cookies.

Try to clear the cache in your browser. In firefox choose tools menu, then options -> advanced tab -> network and press Clear Now at offline storage section.
Tony The Tiger
GuidanceReader wrote:
Firefox kept giving me grief so I gave up on it. Besides issues like that, I was having (still do if I use it) major issues with memory blow out. I use Chrome now.

Firefox is now randomly going to the Yahoo! search page when I navigate to a new page a significant fraction of the time.
oreogami
GuidanceReader wrote:

I uninstalled Chrome from my PC because I checked the Task Manager and saw like 5 chrome processes running.
rjraaz
oreogami wrote:
I uninstalled Chrome from my PC because I checked the Task Manager and saw like 5 chrome processes running.

yes chrome create a different process for each running or installed extension. And always creates 4 renderer processes
flamepjlh
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Backup your extentions and settings with mozbak and run a clean reinstall.               

Wink Wink
Radar
My limited experience of Firefox 9 is that it seems to be noticeably faster than Firefox 8.

So you know, for all the low opinions of Firefox going around, I think they are still trying.

They may not be trying perfectly, but trying.
Tony The Tiger
flamepjlh wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Backup your extentions and settings with mozbak and run a clean reinstall.               

Wink Wink

Will this get rid of my Yahoo issue that I complained about above?
silverdown
I still can't believe firefox is 10.0 already Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
cybersa
@silverdown
Yeah,
Yesterday only i updated to new version.
But i found no improvement.
mukesh
silverdown wrote:
I still can't believe firefox is 10.0 already Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

lol Ialso just checked firefox then available version 10 in my laptop. Laughing
Tony The Tiger
emenac wrote:
Firefox was doing some problem last days. But now it works well again. Smile

You may be right. I have not had any problems in a few days.
Radar
I'm wondering how far it will get before the version number system changes.
zouguomin
Very Happy
Tony The Tiger
Radar wrote:
I'm wondering how far it will get before the version number system changes.

I am have recently upgraded my browser to Firefox 10.0.1 and it seems that the Yahoo redirect is now rearing its ugly head again. It is not as often as before, but it is often enough to be an annoyance and to start to piss me off.