FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music that has no rhythhm or melody at all

nolit
My mom has this cd for relaxation. It contains "music" with random notes, no rhythm, and no melody at all.

It simply starts with a hum or a pad, then bells or vibraphone comes in. And each song lasts like 20 min. Call that an extended play. LOL

Honestly, I do get relaxation from it tho.
Man, did that guy who created this made money from just randomly pressing any note on the keys. When all of us are squeezing our brains out figuring the right riff for the 12/8 rhythm and 220bpm your bandmate gave you to work on.
morningstar
Hi,

get better music on:

http://20hz.de

with rythm and melody.

LOL, morningstar
icugaming
morningstar wrote:

with rythm and melody.

LOL, morningstar

Not cool. Music does not need a catchy hook to be music.
shr3dd
lol 12/8 at 220 would be nuts. that's a wrist workout.

im into that relaxation stuff, it puts me to sleep and calms my nerves. its generally called "ambient". if you listen closely most of the "random" notes are in time.
Scott
Yes, it could be described as ambient, and it is also atonal. I'm a fan of a lot of that type of music, I love to hear thigns I haven't heard much before. A lot of the times this "random music" isn't quite as random as it seems, notes often have purpose. While other times... It actually is just random.
Hippie
On the other end of the spectrum, try some Dillenger Escape Plan. Also not really any particular rhythm or melody. :twisted:
smksa.prefects
no rhythhm or melody at all....? Thats not music....thats SILENCE!
ddukki
I'm thinking those are sound effects. You can buy sound effect CD's online.
nolit
They supposed to calm your nerves. And they do succeed in my experience.

I remember I got a cassette tape way way back which was actually hypnotism putting you to deepp deepp deeeeeep sleeeeeeep. I think it was intended for people with heavy insomnia problem. It goes like this... "relax your muscle in your feet....nowww... your muscles in your feet are relaxxxeeedd.... relax your muscles in your leegggsss.... etc... etc."

LOLZ
snowflake
Hmm, I don't know if I've ever heard of that before. xD No rhythm or melody? I really must check that out. Smile I'm curious.
morningstar
Arrow http://music.download.com/2001-8357_32-0.html?tag=nav_dir& Idea

Get good ambient and relaxation music here for free and legal Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

@ icugaming

icugaming wrote:
morningstar wrote:

with rythm and melody.

LOL, morningstar

Not cool. Music does not need a catchy hook to be music.

not every time but that`s what I like. Sorry Crying or Very sad
prongs_386
If it has "random" notes in it. I suggest you look closer at the music, maybe you dont have the skill to do it. I very much doubt it is random, just because something doesnt contain standard rock or jazz progressions it does not mean it is random.
Ioana
There were some Frank Zappa Albums, about which I partly hat the feeling, that it's randomly put together. But maybe I just don't understand his harmonies and rhythms...
gnomme
morningstar wrote:
Hi,

get better music on:

http://20hz.de

with rythm and melody.

LOL, morningstar

good ! thanks
Tom7
I HATE Evil or Very Mad Crazy frog because it always gets #1 in australia and beats all the bands/artists with actual musical talent. Crazy frog is ONLY a rintone. they even made a film clip.[/i]
52tease
If you want to listen to some really asincronous (sp?) stuff, I suggest you go to WFMU.ORG

This site is truly freeform and they promote at least one or two DJs who only play "noise". That stuff is crazy, fun, and sometimes really annoying.

I have a friend who was in a noise band in college. I never could get myself to go out to see their shows. Live it would have been a little too avant-garde for me.

(ps, this is post #50 for me, YAY!)
druidbloke
--> no rhythhm or melody at all....? Thats not music....thats SILENCE

So white noise blasting at 200 decibels is silence Bo) silence really can be deafening. Ive always liked the idea of randomness in music or lack of melody and rythem but in practice it seems to be boring lol but I'll keep trying to find a way of putting it together that works, I wish I could just stumble on a new way of making music thats nothing to do with conventional rythms and melody but still holds your attention and is interesting in some way, maybe if it has meaning and the sound follows the meaning in some way but not in a conventionly musical way, which sounds pretentious and rubbish seeing as all the music I like usually as a strong melody, except aphex twinn maybe but then thats got a lot of ryhthm aaargh, ah well I'll keep looking Surprised)
H3LL5P4WN
Hippie wrote:
On the other end of the spectrum, try some Dillenger Escape Plan. Also not really any particular rhythm or melody. Twisted Evil

I was wondering if I'd end up being the one to post about Dillinger on this thread. That being said, the EP they did with Patton and Miss Machine are awesome.