FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Forum Time-outs when Posting

deanhills
I'm not sure whether this has to do with my Internet Service or the search engine I'm using but when I'm posting at Frihost, every now and then I go through time-outs. It has only started to happen in the last week or so. Posting would be fast and OK, and then out of the blue the thread I click on will hang and doesn't want to open up, or times out completely.

This has only happened to me at Frihost though. Anyone else experiencing the same? I'm using Firefox 8 without any bells and whistles attached to it.
Ankhanu
Likely has something to do with server load or something. The past week, Frih's been pretty laggy for me too.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Likely has something to do with server load or something. The past week, Frih's been pretty laggy for me too.
Thanks for responding. I agree. Tonight's been better so far except for a little drag here and there, but then there aren't that many people posting tonight (so far anyway). I was logged out once however.
deanhills
I've been experiencing some of the same today. And the Website has just been down for some minutes. Wonder whether there is a snow storm in Pennsylvania where the servers are?
Very Happy
deanhills
Just thought I should mention that I experienced two time-outs this morning. Performance in overall is excellent but intermittent dragging (as though something is holding it back when submitting posts). These had been the symptoms before the Database error incidence of two days ago. Could be unrelated of course as well.
Bondings
I've seen the server load get pretty high for a short time and then get back to normal a few times already today. I suppose that's related to your problem. Of course what exactly is causing the high server load spike in the first place is the hardest part to find - I'm still looking for it.
Bondings
The problems could also be unrelated to the high server load and to do with named (dns server) running but not responding (correctly). I had to restart it a few minutes ago and the pages loaded fast again afterwards.

I also have a "restart services" script that is supposed to run every few minutes checking if all the services/ports are responding. Turns out it was run with the wrong directory (and hence it didn't work). Shocked
foumy6
the same thing has been happening to me, but that could be because I am on a host set up (1 tower with 5 monitors all doing something else) and we all have adobe in design which is severely effecting the computer speed.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I also have a "restart services" script that is supposed to run every few minutes checking if all the services/ports are responding. Turns out it was run with the wrong directory (and hence it didn't work). Shocked
That must have been an interesting surprise .... he he .... Laughing

You're REALLY back!
tingkagol
Been experiencing time-outs lately as well. Not only on the forums, but the hosting as well.
deanhills
The Forum went down again tonight for a few minutes, exactly the same way as three days ago - maybe even at the same time - around 2:50 a.m. Abu Dhabi Time. This is the error message that came up:

Once the Forum was up again, it was actually in much better shape. As before we went down I found strange things happening. Like the little icons that are pink, wouldn't change to neutral colour after I've read a post. Pages had been dragging as well. Right now navigation in the Forum is in great shape again at great speed as well. My Website was working at lightning speed too when I uploaded the above print screen image.
tingkagol
Experienced it as well minutes ago.
Bondings
@deanhills, that seems like a typical problem due to high server load and mysql having problems with it.
deanhills
Today was not a bad day from the dragging point of view. For a while it was a bit irritating as the pink icons would stay pink even after I clicked on them. There was the odd dragging now and then, but in overall the speed was great. Maybe the guy responsible for the problems decided to take the weekend off. Twisted Evil
deanhills
Looks as though we have been down (could not log in) at a totally different time of the night. Around 10:30 p.m. Abu Dhabi time (7:30 p.m. in Belgium).
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Looks as though we have been down (could not log in) at a totally different time of the night. Around 10:30 p.m. Abu Dhabi time (7:30 p.m. in Belgium).

Yes indeed. I had to ask for a server restart, the server was completely unreachable.