FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many characters in Meta Title

sanisingh61
Hi
How many characters does we can include in the Meta Title.please share some tips for writing the Meta Title for the website page.
sameerseo
maximum 65 character.
HiraFahad
maximum 65 words are allowed, but, for best SEO practices you should cover your title within 4 to 5 keywords. You dont have to repeat a word in a title.
one of my site is on Google top pages. the site name is speedepos.com . it was an EPOS company site.
I created its title tags without repeating my keywords. for example. for a subpage of the site my keyword was 'EPOS sectors' i write the title as "Sectors - SpeedEPOS" . my site is on 2nd place on page one for this keyword for 1 year. Very Happy
lightningleo
HiraFahad wrote:
maximum 65 words are allowed, but, for best SEO practices you should cover your title within 4 to 5 keywords. You dont have to repeat a word in a title.
one of my site is on Google top pages. the site name is speedepos.com . it was an EPOS company site.
I created its title tags without repeating my keywords. for example. for a subpage of the site my keyword was 'EPOS sectors' i write the title as "Sectors - SpeedEPOS" . my site is on 2nd place on page one for this keyword for 1 year. Very Happy

But.. speedepos.com does not exist.. i tried to open it.. but got to a Error by GoDaddy that no website exists in this domain.. man.. are you trying to fool us./.. ???

But we're smart 21st Century Kids(at least I am).. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
uditkh2304
Hi

Minimum characters for Meta Title should be 60-70.
And that to for the Meta Description, it should be 160 characters.

Thanks
Bacati
HiraFahad
sorry i am not trying to fool anyone this site is recently closed for non payment but it was live for almost one year. Embarassed
zimmer
any accurate reference that it would say 65 characters on meta tag? can you any one share which is true statement?

Other says 3-4 keywords, some more that 165 characters; I would like to know which is which?
johans
zimmer wrote:
any accurate reference that it would say 65 characters on meta tag? can you any one share which is true statement?

Other says 3-4 keywords, some more that 165 characters; I would like to know which is which?

I am also interested to know.
tamilparks
thanks for the tips
johans
sahithya wrote:
50-60 characters title looks good..

that is too many character.
vixxxxx
sanisingh61 wrote:
Hi
How many characters does we can include in the Meta Title.please share some tips for writing the Meta Title for the website page.

i just use my meta with a couple of title string,not too much
Nyasro
i think 150-160 character for meta tag
and 60 for title
Peterssidan
I guess a meta title tag would be of the form
Code:
<meta name="title" content="Your Title">
but is there any tool or search engine that actually use this tag?
Dhanishta
In meta title, it is good if you use 50-60 characters of Title.