FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many hours do you work?

lovescience
How many hours do you work in a week, a month or a year?

Do you like the amount of work hours you have?
jmlworld
It depends on what I'm working on. Sometimes I work more than 12 hours a day, sometimes I have nothing to do and that boredom leads me to play FIFA on the workstations.
pll
It depends too.
If I count the hours I spend studying school stuff, I can spend about 8 - 12 hours per day working.
If we only count the days that I work (on the job) I only work something like 12 hours in 2 days (per week).

So, if we count school + job, I'm working about 60 hours per week, homeworks included.
Helios
Usually about 9 hours per day. On rare occasions I work more than 12 hours, but that's usually for one day only.
I try taking small breaks during work, but it's not so easy. Many times I feel engulfed in work but I always try to filter out the important stuff, and leave the less important stuff for tomorrow in the form of a sticky note on my keyboard Smile

I feel for you guys who are studying and working at the same time. Tough as hell. Best of luck to you!!!
standready
Helios wrote:
I feel for you guys who are studying and working at the same time. Tough as hell. Best of luck to you!!!

I did that. A full time job that always seem to have 50 hour work week at the wrong time while taking a full time class load at the same time.
Now doing contract work. Do the work when you get. So I work however many hours it takes to get a job(s) done on time if not sooner. Sometimes customers are crazy thinking a project should be done before they even turn it over to you.
liljp617
I work a part-time job about 18 hours a week. Also own a start-up social media marketing business that I spend probably 10 hours a week on...it's slowly picking up. I enjoy it though, so I can't complain about that. Go to school full time as well.
deanhills
10-12 hours a day. I try and stick with five days a week, but sometimes it has to be a sixth and/or a seventh day.
Insanity
I work 8 hours a day, which isn't so bad, but it's still al ot of time.
Nameless
My hours vary every so often (yay shift work?) but at the moment I'm getting 27 hours a week over five days, and not much above the minimum wage. That's still easily enough to pay for my rented room, groceries, a little into my emergency savings, some cheap shoes or whatever I need this month, plus a few old games and the occasional book. I am rich, rich I tell you. Smile
mengshi200
About 10 hours a day.mainly according to interest.
c'tair
I quit my job a few weeks ago to pursue more studying. It's really hard for me to discern work from pleasure nowadays.

If I'm studying, is that work? But I'm not getting paid. But I'm investing time and resources into learning that will pay off in the future, so maybe it is work? Meh, I don't really care, I'm happy to be able to focus on myself and my knowledge.

Before that I used to work in a computer repair place as a clerk and also did some minor repairs from time to time. I worked only about 30 hours per week, but that combined with school and A LOT OF commuting had me really damn tired. The job itself wasn't bad, but having to deal with people's problems every single day was exhausting.

The exhaustion became too big. I noticed that I have no time for myself. How can I study new things and create things if I'm too tired to even watch a movie in the evening?
That's what I thought when I handed in my two weeks notice and here I am today - learning Python and Javascript and getting ready for the next semester in college Smile
badai
according to google latitude, i spent on average 11 hours a week, which is 2.2 hours a day if google calculate base on 5 days a week or 1.5 hours a day if base on 7 days a week.

the truth is around 5 hours if i go to work, but usually i just stay at home. total working hours including at home, on average maybe 5 hours every day.
chatrack
Hi,

I work 8 hours day time (officially) and 2 hrs online every day
axel12p
About 6 hours officialy and many hours at home...
ujjwalshrestha
8 hours plus many more hours investing into productive things such as learning new things if that counts.
mukesh
About 6 - 8 hours per day working and Sunday completely rest Smile
deanhills
mukesh wrote:
About 6 - 8 hours per day working and Sunday completely rest Smile
We have 9-10 hour working days, but two days off. Those days can be very long. But it is nice to have two days off. Sometimes we need to work on the days off, but it is different when one has a choice to work overtime, than to work six days a week.
IceCreamTruck
I have worked 16 hour days on the regular since I lost my job! Turns out I'm a harder slave driver than ANY of my bosses when it comes to myself because I've really been pushing to complete some things. I think something has finally shook loose cause I finished my website, user login system and database, and now have an android app to bring to market and I've been looking at possibly completing my windows gadget that has been in the works forever so AstroTwister.com will hit the web, phones (both android and iOS), and desktops all within a relatively short period of time even though it's actually been a long time coming.

"Shook loose" because there is no way I could keep this schedule up, and with or without having completed the project I'm switching gears naturally and the period I can actually sit at a computer each day has becoming shorter and shorter very quickly now. I've gotten only 2 or so hours of sleep for days and days on end but that stops this weekend cause I can't take any more, and it's a good thing that I have a lot complete. I've been driving myself all year like this!

When I actually had a job the project I was on usually had me working from 7 o'clock in the morning until 10 pm several nights a week, so even that wasn't much break from my slave driving myself to complete projects.

Here's an interesting thought... I was sitting at my computer all last month and watched almost every reply to my former months posts come and go in email without response because I had so much work to do that I couldn't respond! Now I'm back, posting again, and I'll dig back into some old threads here in a minute so I know I haven't missed anything.
jilbs
I work 8am to 7pm Saturday to Wednesday and 8am to 4pm on Thursday
I Volunteer on Fridays (1pm - 5pm) teaching computer assembly for 4 hours during the afternoon.

Good thing someone is washing my clothes on Fridays. Very Happy
kenxeiko
Actually I'm more busy at home. lol
Navigator
Actual work? well I could say around 35 per week.
pll
Wow this google lattitude thing is kinda nice!
Insanity
There's a big difference between the time you spent actually working and the time you're supposed to be working. I remember this back in the day when I had a full time job that was salaried. I was just sitting at my desk spacing out or doing random stuff on the internet just so my work wouldn't get finishe d so quickly. Instead of doing productive things, I was wasting time. I think that's a big problem with jobs that are salaried nowadays -- people don't have an incentive to work as hard since they are going to get paid the same amount either way.
yannpapa
Only 8 per week. I wish I had more work, so that I could work more.
D'Artagnan
officially i have to work 8h and 48min
normally 8hours
but generally i'm in the company 10 hours a day
therimalaya
Formal Work: 8-10 hrs
Informal Work: 6-7 hrs
welshsteve
I work from approx 7:10AM until around 4:00-4:15pm Monday to Friday

I also run some websites and am Match Secretary of the local snooker league, so busy all the time.
TheStripePrincess
I only work ten hours a week, in two five hour shifts, because I also study full time at university.
I used to do fifteen hours a week last year but this year I got an extra £4,000 from student finance/the university so I just cut down to enough hours to see me through the month money wise and then I can save the £4k for fun things like a new (pink) laptop and a trip to New York City!!
johans
usually i work 8hours a day but sometimes only 7 or 6 hours and if there is more extra curricular activity more than 12 hours with sometimes 3 hours of works.. that depends if there is a new project...
GuidanceReader
Depends on what you call work. Being a mum I am on call 24/7. Of non-family related work, I do about 5-15 hours a week.
deanhills
GuidanceReader wrote:
Depends on what you call work. Being a mum I am on call 24/7. Of non-family related work, I do about 5-15 hours a week.
How much time do you spend on your Website? Smile
johans
deanhills wrote:
GuidanceReader wrote:
How much time do you spend on your Website? Smile

That would be a good question on how much time spend on website works? me, more 5 hours monday to friday...
kejk0nar
I work 8 ours then home 4 more on my private projects and plus few ours on house...
lightningleo
well.. i'm a student.. so.. my work is study..

i study at least 5 hours every day.. and 1 hour doing homework...
johans
lightningleo wrote:

You must be a good student.. when i was a student i just study when there is exam or quiz.. and study an hour before the exam.. luckily i pass all my subjects lol..
lightningleo
lightningleo wrote:

johans wrote:
You must be a good student.. when i was a student i just study when there is exam or quiz.. and study an hour before the exam.. luckily i pass all my subjects lol..

well.. i'm a topper in my school..
ZeytinGrafik
I work about 12-16 hours a day in spring/summer and 5-6 hours a day in autumn/winter. I am currently in the textile industry printing t-shirts.
subhan1
well It depends - but mostly 6-8 hours :'(
PS. having backpain ! :@
bluepig83
I work about 45-55 hrs a week. It may seem to be a lot, considering many have 40hr work weeks. But for my industry, it's quite good. And the upside is that I have the flexibility in deciding how much I work each day. There's no hard cutoff as long as I finish my deliverables. And I'm also setup to work from home, so if I need to leave the office early, I can always finish things up at home.
subhan1
It usually depends on the work I am working on - but basically it's 5-6 hour Very Happy
LxGoodies
32 hrs contract, 8 hrs flex

Lx
darthrevan
With my current position I get around forty hours a week. Which is more than some here. It would be nice to make some money off my site but I don't really have clues on what content to put on it , let alone good content. I got told I should convert html templates into CMS made simple templates and sell them. I kinda doubt my site would get big enough to make a good 'paycheck' for it. If I had a home business it would be more than forty hrs a week.
LxGoodies
Quote:
I got told I should convert html templates into CMS made simple templates and sell them. I kinda doubt my site would get big enough to make a good 'paycheck' for it.

hmm nice opportunity anyway !

I would say don't go " single tasking".. if you get compliments, you could offer people to make a version for them, or help them out. This is my "8 hrs flex". It's not main income, or something that I can count on. Sometimes is just comes by..

Lx
deanhills
darthrevan wrote:
With my current position I get around forty hours a week. Which is more than some here. It would be nice to make some money off my site but I don't really have clues on what content to put on it , let alone good content. I got told I should convert html templates into CMS made simple templates and sell them. I kinda doubt my site would get big enough to make a good 'paycheck' for it. If I had a home business it would be more than forty hrs a week.
Perhaps you could run your own free hosting service with templates on the side? The two usually make excellent bed fellows.
darthrevan
deanhills wrote:
darthrevan wrote:
Perhaps you could run your own free hosting service with templates on the side? The two usually make excellent bed fellows.

Eh I don't know about running a free hosting service. Don't know about hosting except maybe running my own for personal use.

I just thought of a way maybe, Atleast somewhat. Maybe run a forum contains Cms templates so others could join and submit their templates and maybe have a section on premium templates or a forum for only templates for sale. air don't know, just a thought.
Talib
I am free after my school and can work but free nowadays.
acidz
i did product support for investment bank application. working for 8 hrs theoritically. practically it is 9 hrs, and more if some call happened near the ending of business hours. this is singapore, the south east asian hub.. not necessarily represent average hours though.
Lishmares
I work 10 hours a day, 40-50 hours a week and i think it's ok when i work 40 hours i have 3 days weekend wich is very cool.
mshafiq
usually i am working eight hours per day and forty hours per weak.but some time more then this depend upon the work
ShayLee
Since I am only 15 years old. I am only allowed to work from 7a.m. to 7 p.m. So on school days I only work 4:30 to 7:00! But good thing we have weekends cause I work at least a 5 or 6 hour shift.
zimmer
i usually work in flexible time but if i will sum it up more than 12 hours.. Really hard to earn... lol
Helios
8am to 5pm usually.

I read this article that someday soon people will work as less as 20 hours a week.
The world is progressing towards a future where people will not need to work that much and will have more leisure time.
deanhills
Helios wrote:
8am to 5pm usually.

I read this article that someday soon people will work as less as 20 hours a week.
The world is progressing towards a future where people will not need to work that much and will have more leisure time.
I've even heard of job sharing apparently in the UK, where two people do the same job. Although sharing the same salary as well I'd imagine.
taytay
JUST got a job and start tomorrow. My first full time job, 9AM-6PM 9 hours a day, Monday through Friday and occasionally subbing a weekday to work a saturday, 45 hours a week. Although I'm a little worried about some of the rumors of the changes Obama is making... Maybe they can boost my pay and I'll work 29 hours and volunteer 16 hours Razz beat the system!!!
deanhills
taytay wrote:
JUST got a job and start tomorrow. My first full time job, 9AM-6PM 9 hours a day, Monday through Friday and occasionally subbing a weekday to work a saturday, 45 hours a week. Although I'm a little worried about some of the rumors of the changes Obama is making... Maybe they can boost my pay and I'll work 29 hours and volunteer 16 hours Razz beat the system!!!
Does this mean you're starting your job on a Saturday? Any way, congratulations with the job and good luck with tomorrow. Like your calculation for beating the system. Cool
testsoc
I work thirty eight hours
Sabbadon
I work 40hours per week but considering that I always have lunch at work and working while eating.. 45hours per week
ermand
Only 20 or 25 per week. I wish I had more work, so that I could work more.
mshafiq
i am working daily almost eight hours.going early in the morning and coming late is tiring.
distrowarvor
In France, I'm working 8 hours a day, and when I was in Ireland, I worked 9 hours a days. But, like most people, it depends on what I work.
mukesh
This time my working time very less because this time i have no any job but 3-4 hour working per day in computer maintenance or in computer related works.
pravojednostavno
Usually about 7 hours per day. Its enough.
Nyasro
5 hours
TheGremlyn
I work Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts but I get an hour for lunch. Overall I work a 40 hour work week but get paid for 35 since they're unpaid lunch breaks. I have Saturday and Sunday to myself. Working at a university I don't work when the university is closed. So I get 2 weeks off for Christmas and some stat holidays.
Stevenray
Since I am working full time now I am working 8 hours a day. But when I was a freelancer I used to work 12-15 hours and worked even weekends.
zimmer
i work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday but if there are projects i work also on Saturday for 6 hours or more.
crazyfffan
I;m a last year student in Computer Science, and I study (one kind of work) 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In short I'm a miserable slave of my own education.
c'tair
I do a measly 34 hours of work per week, but soon enough, that's going to get ramped up to 45 hours of work per week.

Hey, at least I'm doing what I love so I find it hard to call this "work" Very Happy
JoRu
i work 40 hours a week and it´s ok for me
Queiros
in my work 7 hours Smile
playfungames
There is no fixed time on how many hours I work in a week. Sometimes I work longer and sometimes I work shorter hours. It is because I work for myself.

At busiest times I work around 14 hours a day and 7 days a week. That puts me at 98 hours (almost 100). Then there are unbusy times or no work days where I work zero hours in a week. Those times, I spend on the internet chatting around, watching series and movies.

My average work time in a week would be around 30 hours. Just a wild guess. I don't actually keep count.
chef-martin
as per my nick: i m a chef, mostly I work not less then 10 hrs. anyway and anywhere.
I have finished 5 Contracts on Cruise ships - 14 hrs. per day to 99% 7 days per week.

most hrs off: when I visited the "Great Wall of China" ,-))) 8 hrs Smile but after that back to work.
mshafiq
Normally i work eight hours per day.some time there is over time but not regular.
pravojednostavno
7 hours a day in off season time and 7:30-8:00 a day during season time. and i have only one day off during the week, and sometimes in the high season no off days at all in July and August.
tamilparks
i work 8 hours
DesquisiadoMoral
I work ten to twelve hours Crying or Very sad that's so tiring... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
alesta74
I work at my home less than 7 hours a day
Blaster
Considering I have 3 jobs I work quite a bit. I put in about 30 hours at my regular job. I put another 8 in at another job each week (seasonal however) I put in about another 7-8 in at another job. Not to mention being a full time student puttting in about 12 hours in each week of classroom time. And on top of that being a Volunteer firefighter and taking classes to better myself in that field.
pravojednostavno
about 5-7 hours per day, monday - friday
Deline
Oh, sometimes I get to work and don't have an hour to go home...But most of the days I try to follow my workday in 8 or 9 hours.
Nyasro
I work 10-12 hours Very Happy
but sometime i dont work when i dont want to work
twotrophy
It is good that this thread exists so that we can find out how long people work. Thank you all for your answers. Are freelancers able to work relatively shorter hours such as 7-7.5 hours a day? Does anyone know of careers that let people work shorter working hours?
zimmer
zimmer wrote:
i work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday but if there are projects i work also on Saturday for 6 hours or more.

Now, i work more than 8 hours. I guess 16 hours because i was assign in a project and time is very important and reporting is very constant.

I am not complaining because i like it and i got more salary now!

Laughing
Insanity
I work full time, so 8 hours a day and 5 days a week. Pretty standard.
ibraltan1
Working time is the period of time that a person spends at remunerated job - related labor. According to the definition voluntary efforts for example private housework or caring for children/pets are not measured part of the working week. A lot of nations control the work week by law, such as specifying the smallest amount daily break times, yearly holidays and a highest number of working hours for each week. Many countries determine standard or normal working hours which mean the law to limit the working hours per week, per day, per year or per month. On the other hand, if a worker desires to work overtime, the boss will need to compensate overtime payments to staff as mandatory in the legislation. Different countries have different laws on this subject. In France, the standard working hours is thirty five. In North Korea labor camp, this number reaches 112 hours. If somebody works more than these limits he or she can get extra payment from 25% to 50% to the normal hourly payments.
supermanlovejan
9 hour per day....................
ibraltan1
It is not always easy to calculating one’s working hours. Merely definite hours accepted as work when weekly hours are considered. What counts as work is a subject that must be detailed. Besides the normal responsibilities, a working week comprises training that is job-related and period elapsed travelling for labors that have to travel as a portion of their occupation. For example 24-hour plumbers or travelling sales representatives. Working or business lunches are also included working hours. Apart from this, in some cases time elapsed really working abroad is also counted as working hour. Besides this, salaried and some unpaid overtime, time spent on call at the place of work and any other time that is accepted as ‘working time’ under an agreement are also working hours. On the other hand lunch breaks when no work is done cannot be count as working hour. Similarly normal travel from and to work, time on call away from the workstation, travelling outside of usual working time are not working hours.
amateurlee
10 hours. it depends. I would like to pay more if the job is what i am interested in.
ibraltan1
The following table shows the change in average annual hours actually worked per worker in OECD countries. According to following table which I redesigned, employees in Korea are the luckiest. The workers in Russia have not been achieved an improvement for the last 13 years.
Country 2000 2013 Change
Korea 2512 2163 -349
Chile 2263 2015 -248
Austria 1842 1623 -219
Iceland 1885 1704 -181
Slovenia 1710 1547 -163
Hungary 2033 1883 -150
Israel 2017 1867 -150
CzechRep 1904 1772 -132
Estonia 1987 1868 -119
Ireland 1933 1815 -118
Italy 1861 1752 -109
Turkey 1937 1832 -105
Australia 1780 1676 -104
Greece 2130 2037 -93
Switzerlnd 1674 1585 -89
Japan 1821 1735 -86
Finland 1751 1666 -85
Germany 1471 1388 -83
Portugal 1791 1712 -79
Mexico 2311 2237 -74
NewZealnd 1834 1760 -74
Canada 1777 1706 -71
Poland 1988 1918 -70
Spain 1731 1665 -66
Denmark 1468 1411 -57
Netherlands 1435 1380 -55
UnitedStates 1836 1788 -48
Norway 1455 1408 -47
France 1535 1489 -46
SlovakRepublic 1816 1770 -46
Luxembourg 1683 1643 -40
Sweden 1642 1607 -35
UnitedKingdom 1700 1669 -31
Belgium 1599 1570 -29
RussianFeder. 1982 1980 -2
OECDcountries 1845 1770 -75
kaysch
I typically work 8-9 hours a day, 5 days a week. Sometimes more if there is a lot to do. And over here it's common to have 30 days of paid vacation each year.
ibraltan1
The list of change in average usual weekly hours worked on the main job between 2000 – 2011 show us again Korean employees have gained the most leisure time among these countries according to the OECD statistics that I redesigned. It is strange that workers in France is working more in 2011 than what they worked 11 years ago.
2000 2011 Change
Korea 51.1 44.6 -6.5
Chile 44.3 39.1 -5.2
Ireland 38 34.9 -3.1
Iceland 42.2 39.6 -2.6
Czech Republic 43.6 41.1 -2.5
Denmark 36.1 33.7 -2.4
Slovak Republic 42.5 40.6 -1.9
Spain 40.2 38.4 -1.8
Estonia 40.5 38.7 -1.8
Hungary 41.2 39.5 -1.7
Germany 37.1 35.5 -1.6
Italy 39.1 37.5 -1.6
Luxembourg 38.4 37 -1.4
United Kingdom 37.7 36.4 -1.3
Netherlands 31.8 30.5 -1.3
Finland 38.5 37.2 -1.3
New Zealand 38.6 37.4 -1.2
Greece 43.2 42.1 -1.1
Norway 35 33.9 -1.1
Mexico 44.3 43.3 -1
Israel 41.9 40.9 -1
Australia 37 36.1 -0.9
Switzerland 36.1 35.2 -0.9
Austria 38.4 37.8 -0.6
Portugal 39.7 39.2 -0.5
Belgium 37.1 36.8 -0.3
Poland 40.6 40.5 -0.1
Sweden 36.6 36.5 -0.1
France 37.2 38 0.8
Da Rossa
right now I'm working around 9 or 10 a day.
supermanlovejan
9 hour per day..................
Insanity
I'm surprised so many people here work more than 8 hours per day, which is the normal in the states at least. Maybe there aren't as much harsh labor laws in other countries, but I feel that working 10 hours a day seems like a lot. But I guess it depends on how much y ou are making and whether or not you are making an hourly wage versus a salary where you get paid the same no matter how much you are working.
pravojednostavno
4-5 hours per day, sometimes 6-7
BigGeek
Between 8 and 12 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week as a Wireless Network Engineer. I also try to work at least 1 hour a day, preferably 2 on my network marketing opportunity and my website (Which has been suffering from lack of attention).

With that said, my job is OK, it just requires a large number of hours and is filled with last minute projects and deadlines. But that is my job, my dream is to make money as an affiliate marketer and network marketer and work from home. I hope that one day I will be able to put in the hours and effort for myself on my website and opportunity. I always laugh at how much money I could earn if I could devote the same effort to these endeavors that I am required to put in at my job for a paycheck.

My efforts on the web have earned almost nothing over the last few years - where as my efforts for my employer has directly resulted in an increase in revenue for my department from 1.97 million a year to 5.5 million per year, and I have seen no pay raises or significant bonuses in three years.

Yeah I hope and pray that the day comes when I can work for myself and put in the same effort for me that I do for my employer Shocked
ibraltan1
I modified the list to include only ful-time employment. The Picture does not change much. The modified list of change in average usual weekly hours worked on the main job between 2000 – 2011 show us again Korean employees have gained the most leisure time among these countries according to the OECD statistics that I redesigned. The workers who spend more time on the job in 2011 than that of 2000 are in Portugal, Mexico, France, Austria.
2000 2011 change
Korea 53,6 48,7 -4,9
Iceland 48,5 44,2 -4,3
Czech Republic 44,5 42 -2,5
Ireland 42,5 40,6 -1,9
New Zealand 45,3 43,5 -1,8
Denmark 40 38,3 -1,7
Estonia 42,2 40,6 -1,6
Australia 44,7 43,2 -1,5
Israel 46,2 44,8 -1,4
United Kingdom 44 42,6 -1,4
Hungary 41,9 40,6 -1,3
Poland 43,8 42,5 -1,3
Slovak Republic 42,9 41,6 -1,3
Chile 45,7 44,7 -1
Italy 42 41,1 -0,9
Luxembourg 41,3 40,5 -0,8
Switzerland 42,7 42 -0,7
Finland 40,8 40,2 -0,6
Netherlands 39,7 39,2 -0,5
Norway 39 38,5 -0,5
Spain 42 41,5 -0,5
Sweden 40,2 39,7 -0,5
Belgium 41,1 40,8 -0,3
Germany 41,5 41,2 -0,3
Greece 44,5 44,3 -0,2
Portugal 41,9 42,3 0,4
Mexico 48,4 49,1 0,7
France 40,2 41 0,8
Austria 41,2 42,7 1,5
Nyasro
8-10 hours
ibraltan1
In United Kingdom the regulation states that workers don’t generally have to work more than forty eight hours a week averagely, except they select to. This commandment is occasionally called the ‘working time directive’ or ‘working time regulations’. Some areas of industries have definite directions for their specific work forces. Regular working hours have to be decided in the work settlement or on paper declaration of service specifics. Bosses can’t power grown-ups to labour more than forty eight hours a week generally – normally within an average of above seven teen weeks. On the other hand there are exemptions for these rules. These procedures don’t apply to occupations that the operational time is not measured and the employee is in governing position – for example management directors with control on their judgments. Besides this in the military, emergency service area and law enforcement agency - in some situations, have same exceptions. Apart from these, workers in security and shadowing services and workers as internal servants in a private home are in exceptional situation.
mshafiq
I am working daily eight hours
Da Rossa
By the way I am making $2.26/hour in my current 8-10h job. Time to move forward, don't you think?
ibraltan1
As indicated by a Gallup survey, the working week in the United States is just about a full working day longer than standard. While the 40 hour week is by and large acknowledged as "would be expected," grown-ups utilized full-time have reported working a normal of 47 hours every week. This number has remained generally enduring over the previous decade, except for a slight dunk to 44.9 hours in 2005/2006. Forty-two percent of respondents reported working a standard 40 hour week with an insignificant 8% working not exactly that. Twenty-one percent of Americans now work between 50 to 59 hours with 18% taking their week by week share to 60 hours in addition to. A few components are adding to these exhaustingly long work weeks, one of which is pay structure, as indicated by Gallup. While hourly laborers can face limits by managers attempting to cut expenses, those on a pay regularly work up to five hours a week more. A few individuals have additionally tackled a second employment, adding to time spent in the workplace.
amagard
My contract says: 38.5 hours per week.
Typically I work 1 or 2 hours more and safe those for taking days off later on.
ibraltan1
In the USA one can work 40 hours per week or part - time. Typically full-time means laboring for 40 hours for each week. Part - time could be anything up to 30 hours for every week. Conventional working hours in the U.S. are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, with one hour for lunch and, typically, two breaks of 15 minutes. Be that as it may, about on third of Americans work longer than the standard 40 -hour- week, and the higher you climb the vocation step, the more you are relied upon to work. In the event that somebody is utilized to European occasion times, American occasion plans may come as a frightful shock. Most new workers get only maybe a couple weeks paid occasion every year, which is not exactly in some other developed country aside from Japan. As you keep working, your occasions are expanded by maybe a couple days consistently, so it can take up to 10 years until you get four weeks of get-away every year. As indicated by an UN study, the normal American works about 250 hours more than a British specialist, and 500 more than a German one.
rebacon
I work expensive. I'm working about 90 hours per week, homeworks included.