FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[RESOLVED] Disk Usage Warning (critical)

althalus
I recieved an email which told me the following;

Quote:
The account with the username 'althalus', is running out of disk space.
Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota.
You have currently used 100.00% of your disk space.

Now, I don't use that much of it, barely 25meg, so I was a bit confused. So I used the Disk Usage Viewer we get with Cpanel to try and locate where the massive amount was used, and to my surprise, it was my error_log file contained under public_html -- and the file was 220+meg.. Confused

Silly me deleted the file, hoping it would solve the problem (which it didn't, I still can't upload any files) when I instead should have reviewed it to try and find the problem. Although I wasn't in the mood for a download of that a big file...

Is there a chanse I'll be able to upgrade my site by tomorrow? If I let it sit for a while maybe the server will realise that big lump of a log is no more and cut me some slack? I'll keep my eye out for any new traveling error_log to try and catch what might be the problem should it come back in the future.
althalus
I was just checking the status, and yes - I'm back at 22meg. Smile
mOrpheuS
althalus wrote:
I was just checking the status, and yes - I'm back at 22meg. Smile

And don't forget to examine that error log now that it's starting out afresh and should be of a more reasonable/downloadable size.

I mean... before it fills up your account again.
Wink
althalus
I'll be sure to do that - I think I know what's causing the problem (but I didn't think it'd give off such a large error file).

*sends out his watchdogs, just in case*
orno
220 megs in a log file
woohoo

anyways, this thread is resolved and -close-d