FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

oscommerce help

cerebro
I just signed up with the free hosting service and am tying to install a custom ecommerce store. I uploaded all the files to the public_html and got the install to run but still haven't been able to install it do to problems with my database settings. it ask for the following and next to it i will show you what i put in.

Quote:
osCommerce Configuration

Database Server: 216.32.85.170
Hostame or IP-address of the database server

Username: cerebro_osc1
Database username

Password: (made sure its the same one i put into the create a database form)

Database Name: cerebro_osc1
Database Name

Persistent Connections: i have tried it with both settings and still get the same error

Session Storage: same as above
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the error message i recieved.

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Access denied for user: 'cerebro_osc1@ltsv.layeredtech.com' (Using password: YES)

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

thank you for any help pertaining to this problem. sorry i am a newbie at this but am a quick learner.
orno
are you sure the database called cerebro_osc1 exists?
if yes, are you sure the user cerebro_osc1 exists?
if yes, are you sure the user cerebro_osc1 has the correct permissions over the database called cerebro_osc1?

all of this can be checked and done through cPanel or DirectAdmin
boringest
you need to create a MySQL database in cPanel and enter that info in the config file, it should work then.
Daniel15
Try using 'localhost' for the database server.

Quote:
Access denied for user: 'cerebro_osc1@ltsv.layeredtech.com' (Using password: YES

This means that the username is denied access to the server. Check the username and password, and try again.
hilander
I am in the process of installing oscommerce in this server, anyone knows if this is better or the same as joomla or mambo ?

any feedback would be well appreciated,,

Thank you.
hilander
I ve just installed oscommerce but goy stuck at the end, I keep receiving this errors when I browse to my page:
Quote:
Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hilander/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 212

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

could anyone help me please....thank you,,

I will really appreciate it,,

thank you..
Daniel15
hilander wrote:
I ve just installed oscommerce but goy stuck at the end, I keep receiving this errors when I browse to my page:
Quote:
Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hilander/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 212

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home/hilander/domains/pencil.frih.net/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

could anyone help me please....thank you,,

I will really appreciate it,,

thank you..

You'll need to find a setting for the 'Session Directory', and change it to /tmp/ (add a slash on the end). If you can't find it anywhere, check in the configuration table in the database (use phpMyAdmin)
hilander
thanks Daniel,,I tried it,,but could not solve it...in the osc support forums,,I found that it was just clicking in the configuration screen..thanks a lot for your support..
nappa
Hi guys, after I successfully installed oscommerce. These error occurs when I tried to run the site.

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/nappa/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/nappa/domains/watches.frih.net/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nappa/domains/watches.frih.net/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/nappa/domains/watches.frih.net/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/nappa/domains/watches.frih.net/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/nappa/domains/watches.frih.net/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

not sure if it is the same problem as the guy above

Thanks
nappa
I've solved my problem already....thanks anyway

However I posting what I've done to solved that problem in case someone is having the same problem

goto --> /includes/functions/sessions.php

find this

function tep_session_save_path($path = '') {
if (!empty($path)) {
return session_save_path($path);
} else {
return session_save_path();
}
}

replace it with this

function tep_session_save_path($path = '') {
if (STORE_SESSIONS != 'mysql') {