FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want my free domain pls pls plsss :(

loremar
I already requested for a free .com domain on September but it's already December and I'm still waiting. I hope Bondings will wake up from his deep slumber and grant my Christmas wish.

. . .

. . .

*casts summoning spell over computer*

"Bondings, I summon you. Give me free domain now... Pleaaaaassssseeee... Sad "

*mumble mumble mumble*
tingkagol
lol

I'm planning to purchase mine for a year and hopefully Frihost can take care of the succeeding years with the 350 coins I'm still going to amass.

I have a feeling though the 'free domain' service offered by Frihost is backfiring financially. Then again, I haven't exactly gauged this site's profitability.
deanhills
tingkagol wrote:
I have a feeling though the 'free domain' service offered by Frihost is backfiring financially. Then again, I haven't exactly gauged this site's profitability.
Right. Although if all of us would ask for free domains at the same time - considering that there has been a large lapse in time since a free domain has last been allocated, and a large number of Frihosters who had previously not qualified now have enough coins to apply for a free domain, it could put a large burden on Frihost if everyone should apply at the same time. I have great trust in Bondings, so will be interesting to see how he will be dealing with this.
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
tingkagol wrote:
Right. Although if all of us would ask for free domains at the same time - considering that there has been a large lapse in time since a free domain has last been allocated, and a large number of Frihosters who had previously not qualified now have enough coins to apply for a free domain, it could put a large burden on Frihost if everyone should apply at the same time. I have great trust in Bondings, so will be interesting to see how he will be dealing with this.

I can understand a decision not to hand out free domains and/or delay the action but with all respect Dean perhaps if too much time goes by it might be a good idea to remove . . .
Quote:
We give away free top level (like .com/.net/.org) domain names to our members. There are currently 2 different ways to obtain a free domain:

Acquire a free domain in exchange for Coins, a sort of website currency that is gained by posting on our forums or by other activities on this website
from frihost.com page because does that not constitute a scam?

Now, I think the most dedicated members will not shout foul but if some new person comes off the internet with this goal in mind and then spends the time needed posting in frihost forum only to find out it is not true they might think it?

Of course if new members are not getting hosting requests answered anyway they might not put in the time in so maybe this worry doesn't really apply. Can you please look into this however Dean because it might be a concern? Thanks for your continued support and dedication. Wink
loremar
But if he didn't allocate free domains previously then he should have saved enough money to give enough free domains for everyone.

It just doesn't seem fair for some people especially for those who think frihost is better than other webhosts because they're offering free domains for a few extra posts. It's like a scam. It lures people to post in the forums because of a good offer but only to realize after 400 posts that they were expecting for nothing.

Yeah I know, posting just for free webhost and some free domains seems a lame reason to be active in the forums because that would be insincere and would only encourage potential spamming. But still, it doesn't seem right. Frihost wins, earning some extra cash for an active community and a few members who made significant contributions look like fools because they took the bait.

400 posts is still 400 posts. That's already a huge contribution. Frihost can't say, that didn't helped a lot. Even if we say these members weren't sincere when they posted.

Still, I trust Bondings will do his responsibility. Or maybe it's about time to scrap the free domain service?

EDIT: I didn't read Bluedoll's post when I made this post but it seems we were thinking the same opinion on this one.
Peterssidan
When I recommend Frihost I only do so for the free hosting. They have not yet proved that it's a good place for free domains and it has never been the reason for me to post. To be honest I rather spend my own money so I can get the registrar I want and be able to renew it myself. It feels much more safe that way. For the reputation of Frihost it is probably best to stop offering free domains if it can't offer a good service.
tingkagol
deanhills wrote:
tingkagol wrote:

Just keep your coins to yourself Dean. Smile Then maybe Frihost's free domain service will sustain itself.

I imagine the look on Bonding's face when he sees the number of coins you've amassed - hoping you won't feel charitable in the next minute or so.
Bluedoll
I just want to add that I did post (in the past) only because I wanted to contribute something and belong to a community. I did receive one free domain from Bondings and was grateful for receiving that as I never had my own web site before. It has now expired but that is ok, I think I will go on to other things anyway.

Though, I don’t think getting something should be the only reason to get active in a community, I think it is nice to have a reward so thought offering something ‘free’ was a good idea. I think a person can do both. Give into something and get rewarded too.

It would be good if you could do something for Frihost, Dean because I think there are still people that are interested in it.
deanhills
tingkagol wrote:
hoping you won't feel charitable in the next minute or so.
Definitely not. You can't imagine how happy I will be when he is back. Hopefully he will have a LONG list of announcements to make. Very Happy

Bluedoll wrote:
It would be good if you could do something for Frihost, Dean because I think there are still people that are interested in it.
Thanks Bluedoll. Think Ghost Rider has stretched himself to the limits to do just that. All of us have collectively made so much noise everywhere. Truespeed started a nice thread too in the General Chat Forum this morning.