FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How should I gain mass ? Any suggestions ?

ankurthakur
Hello Guyz,

I am a 19 year old college boy and I would like to hear some of the tips regarding gaining mass in my body.

I have a very thin but straight long body. I lack in mass. And this is for over 2-3 years that I am not able to gain proper mass.

I had been suffering from mild Asthma before 1 year ago.

I had been going to Gym for over 5 months. I use to wake up at 5 in morning to go to Gym and use to go 6 days a week. I had been doing proper exercises. I took Daliya or Bulgur in my morning Diet and I eat proper amount of food.

But its weird, and sad... that I am still lack in mass... Crying or Very sad However, I can see lot of gain in my Stamina after Gym, but that is not enough.

So it would be nice to hear to some tips for gaining mass Smile

Regards,
Ankur Thakur

[ No Supplements / Powders Please ]
deanhills
I think you should be happy with the way you are. You are also working out, so perhaps you should just go with the flow. If you have more stamina obviously the work outs must be doing you good.

Only thing that I can think off that you could add to your diet is more healthy fat. And maybe more regular meals. Like six meals instead of just three for example.
ankurthakur
deanhills wrote:
I think you should be happy with the way you are.

Almost every other Friend says the same to me Smile But strangers wonder Shocked

deanhills wrote:
Only thing that I can think off that you could add to your diet is more healthy fat. And maybe more regular meals. Like six meals instead of just three for example.

Hmm... I must try it atleast for one month. One month because we don't get enough time in a day to spend it on our meals. Also, I am a student and I spend 8AM-6AM in going and coming back home from college.

So I must wait for some vacations... Very Happy

Thanks deanhills Rolling Eyes

Regards,
Ankur Thakur
Hello_World
Eat lots of chocolate and energy drinks like Red Bull. It works a treat for me ROFL.

Seriously though, I don't know, but eggs and protein-rich food may be helpful?

If you are healthy and fit, you can increase stamina and strength, then I think you should be happy with yourself.

To gain strength you need to lift bulk rather than many reps with a lower weight, that builds tone instead.

You probably have a strong metabolism, which is a great thing, enjoy it.
ankurthakur
Hello_World wrote:
Eat lots of chocolate and energy drinks like Red Bull. It works a treat for me ROFL.

Seriously though, I don't know, but eggs and protein-rich food may be helpful?

If you are healthy and fit, you can increase stamina and strength, then I think you should be happy with yourself.

To gain strength you need to lift bulk rather than many reps with a lower weight, that builds tone instead.

You probably have a strong metabolism, which is a great thing, enjoy it.

Thanks big brothers Very Happy

I should continue eating chocolates and banashake then Rolling Eyes
Gitesh
The best diet for Mass gain is to consume more calories and proteins.,
Avoid bottled protein shakes advertised in India which are costly and may damage to kidneys.
Rely only on natural diet., should include Ghee, Banana ,Milk, Boiled eggs for protein, which are widely available here, eat in small amounts after every few hrs.. i.e multiple time in a day.
Include curd for better appetite as it will increase your food intake.,
Include Citrus fruits in your diet as you are working out which is causing lots of wear and tear of tissues and vitamin C is essential to repair the damages muscle tissues.
Don't exercise very hard as is the trend and friends push you to do more., follow the regimes correctly as you may be damaging more than helping your body if you are exercising wrong.
Please find good articles on www.bodybuilding.com to get the basic idea.

I had similar problem like you., i used to weigh 52kg for 161cm height.. used to look very thin., now by following god diet i am above 67kg weight. Best luck to you.
magnustoday
of course diet and weight training

with weight training, you'll break then rebuild your muscle cells. in the process of rebuilding your muscle cells, you'll need the building blocks which are proteins which you get from diet. if you want to mass up, there should be positive nitrogen balance, meaning, more protein getting in.
FastDebrid
ankurthakur wrote:
Hello Guyz,

I am a 19 year old college boy and I would like to hear some of the tips regarding gaining mass in my body.

I have a very thin but straight long body. I lack in mass. And this is for over 2-3 years that I am not able to gain proper mass.

I had been suffering from mild Asthma before 1 year ago.

I had been going to Gym for over 5 months. I use to wake up at 5 in morning to go to Gym and use to go 6 days a week. I had been doing proper exercises. I took Daliya or Bulgur in my morning Diet and I eat proper amount of food.

But its weird, and sad... that I am still lack in mass... Crying or Very sad However, I can see lot of gain in my Stamina after Gym, but that is not enough.

So it would be nice to hear to some tips for gaining mass Smile

Regards,
Ankur Thakur

[ No Supplements / Powders Please ]

Blessed day! Smile

Hi ankurthakur!
Well, I can say we don't have the same situation 'cause I don't like gaining weight. I don't like to weigh more than 99 lbs.
I'm posting this because my younger brother was also trying to gain weight for several years.
He finally did gain weight by drinking refrigerated fresh milk. You know, those that come in boxes like this.

I'm 100% sure that this will help you just like it did my brother. Of course, you have to eat a lot along with this and have plenty of sleep.

Now, my brother's next move is to built muscles with the weight he has gained.
He aims to be like a Taylor Lautner and I'm not skeptical he can reach that when he is still continuing drinking the milk.

Hope it does wonders for you as well. Wink
ankurthakur
Thanks brother Very Happy

Currently I am thinking to have some Soya Milk along with it... Wink

Let me see if this all can help me... Thanks guyz Very Happy

Regards,
Ankur Thakur
FastDebrid
ankurthakur wrote:
Thanks brother Very Happy

Currently I am thinking to have some Soya Milk along with it... Wink

Let me see if this all can help me... Thanks guyz Very Happy

Regards,
Ankur Thakur

Are you referring to me? I'm a sister. ;P I'm a girl.

Anyway, if you're indeed referring to me, you're very much welcome.
Keep me posted about your journey. Wink
Godspeed!

Btw, my brother is also drinking soya milk right now. He said that now that he has his desired weight, he doesn't need to gain more weight that is why he is drinking soya milk.
rogue_skydragon
Here are some more tips:

After waking up, eat a protein-rich breakfast right away. It's a fact that your body burns quite a bit while sleeping. Eating right away will replenish what you've lost.

Throughout the day, eat whenever you can! Don't limit yourself to only 3 square meals a day. If anything, you should be eating at least 6 decent-sized, protein-rich meals per day. And spread the meals out in 2.5 hour intervals.

Though protein is a key element in gaining lean muscle, you must not forget your carbohydrates! Carbs will help you boost your actual mass. Consider bready foods and pasta.

This plus a trip to the gym every day will undoubtedly give you at least some weight gain. When lifting weights, ALWAYS go heavy. Lift the heaviest weight you can for 10 reps, 2 sets each exercise. Increase weight weekly.
Navigator
Heavy lifting workout, I am thin too and that has been recommended to me.
Coen
I think you should also be prepared to accept that, depending on your physiology, it may be difficult for you to gain a lot of weight or muscle. I am tall and thin too, and do work out. I try to eat more calories and I do see some improvement in my muscle build. However, I can basically eat what I want and not get fat, and I build up muscle slowly too. If your body is like mine (which of course we do not know) also be aware of the fact that gaining muscle (and weight) will go slowly.
loremar
Not enough time for eating and must go to gym to stay fit?

Have you tried eating fast food? I think your body says, you need more carbohydrates, and fats to burn while working out in the gym. I think you can get most of these from burgers and pizzas, I think. Anything that is served quick and eat quick while commuting.

I think your body's just perfect for committing gluttony without committing a sin. I really envy.
GuidanceReader
My husband keeps his carbs very low (less than 50g a day I think it was)and his (good) fats and protein high (he follows the Paleolithic diet too). He does weight training for an hour every 3rd day and rotates 2 routines (so the one routine is done every 6 days). He does Squats, Dead-lifts, Chin ups, Pull Ups, Push ups and a variety of gymnastic routines. He does 5 sets of 3 for each of them with a 2 minute rotation for each set/rest. So he spends most of the hour sitting around doing nothing.

Before he started this routine/diet, he was like you. He could spend much time doing weights and following traditional methods for bulk gain with no results. It took him a couple of months to reach his first goal since doing the diet/routine. He's now been doing it for a couple of years and can lift 180kg for dead-lifts and 150kg for squats and does his chin ups with a 26kg weight around his waist. He's got very good muscle tone and definition. He's not as big as someone body building, but he has definitely put on bulk and doesn't look wiry any more.
Nehemie
I just hope very soon you'll not be asking for what to do fo los weight. I think lot of protein will garanty you weight. have lot rest ans sleep alot. but I think you just have to wait. your weight will increase soon. you are only 19.
magnustoday
It's an interplay of genetics, diet and exercise

You can't alter genetics but you can with diet and exercise. You need high protein diet (to have a positive nitrogen balance) to build muscle. Obviously, you also need resistance training to have muscle hypertrophy (enlargement).