FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

social bookmarking

Vinaysingh
Hi,
What is the meaning of social bookmarking?
please share some basic tips for social bookmarking.
liljp617
As far as I know, it's where people share interesting web content in a single location. For instance, StumbleUpon or Reddit -- people submit websites (aka share them) with other web users, with the purpose being to spread the information and also have a conversation about said website/news article/etc.

Say you come across a really good article. In the past, you may have added that article to your Bookmarks (or Favorites) in your browser. This is a private bookmark. If, instead of simply placing it in your private Bookmarks, you took the link to this article and submitted it to StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, or many other sites, then you are effectively "sharing your bookmark" on a social website -- social bookmarking.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of the term.
Crystee
In my opinion, Social Bookmarking is a great technique to build the links on free websites and get the traffic. But I don't believe that we need to use 500+ list with 0 page rank for social bookmarking. I believe only 100 websites are working perfectly for social bookmarking and those sites never down.
amagard
I'd say liljp617's response describes it quiet well.
I am using Google Bookmarks and Delicious -- and Mister Wong for my bookmarked German sites.
A major difference between Google and Delicious: your Google Bookmarks are private ( thus not really "social", to be "social" you would better use Google+ to share ) while your Delicious bookmarks are public, but can be made private; see also this great discussion here.
One feature I really love with all these social bookmarking tools is tagging: a great way to organize bookmarks and find them fast later on. And you can use them to narrow down your search when you wanna know what a person you trust has bookmarked about a particular topic. Like: what bookmarks did amagard save tagged "browser" ??
grandspoter
Economics is very important because its gives you the idea and also help you to understand the market position and market is the field where you have to be there in a alive position by implementing those tips.
changealex
Most social bookmark services encourage users to organize their bookmarks with informal tags instead of the traditional browser-based system of folders, although some services feature categories/folders or a combination of folders and tags. They also enable viewing bookmarks associated with a chosen tag, and include information about the number of users who have bookmarked them. Some social bookmarking services also draw inferences from the relationship of tags to create clusters of tags or bookmarks.
WHUK
It is important to add the relevant tags when you bookmark a post. This helps in featuring the post in that particular section and it is also easy for the people to find it.
ronii
As per my knowledge social bookmarking is the method to share you website content and bookmarks your favorite items. It is very important to get hyge traffic.
BarryV
Social bookmarking is one of the top three link building strategies. You will be able to improve your website’s Google ranking by improving your link popularity through social bookmarking. Social bookmarking brings about numerous benefits to your website and this article will benefits all the primary and secondary benefits of social bookmarking.
developmyapps
In this post we can discuss about what social bookmarking is and why entrepreneurs will include this for their internet marketing strategy. Firstly we are going to briefly discuss what it’s, and then we will discuss the advantages it can bring to businesses. After reading this informative article, you’re then highly suggested to implement this strategy to promote your web site. Once you start using a social bookmarking service, saving and tagging all of your bookmarks, you will find it much easier to do a quick search for a “tag” and more easily find those few (or dozens or hundreds) of websites you bookmarked – it is a much more effective way to handle hundreds of bookmarks than the “favorite” or “bookmarks” that are built into each browser.