FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does FriHost allow PHP access to other URLs (Curl, etc.)

belltown
I'm thinking of switching to FriHost as my main hosting provider. I have several PHP scripts that access data from other web sites' APIs, e.g. Yahoo, Google Maps, Bing, etc. via REST URL interfaces. I'd like to know if this is permitted by FriHost. I've found that many other free hosts out there block access to all but a few "whitelisted" sites.
Peterssidan
You might want to read the TOS. Especially point 15 under Hosting rules mentions something about "automatic retrieval of webpages or files".
belltown
Peterssidan wrote:
You might want to read the TOS. Especially point 15 under Hosting rules mentions something about "automatic retrieval of webpages or files".

Thanks, but that wasn't what I was planning on doing. The rule you mentioned talks about automated access to other web sites - crawlers and bots, etc. In my case, each request made to other web sites will be a single request made in response to a user query on my web page. For example, you're at a particular location and want to find the nearest restaurant. I would send a request to the Yelp, Yahoo or Bing API to retrieve that information and display it for the user. I've been using two free web hosts that allow such access, both technically and through their TOS. However, many others I've looked at block all access to outside web sites. I'm trying to find out if this is the case with FriHost.
rjraaz
I think best answer for your query can be given by Administrator or any Moderator, so till then just wait.
hitman3000
i think its working . . . . Bro try iu