FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php developement tool with preview.

rjraaz
Is there any PHP IDE or developement tool that can preview the code live, with change in a line or function or class.
ankurthakur
I have used a online HTML tester and I guess that there are many available. But a PHP tester, probably 1 out of 50 Confused

Anyways, you can try this : http://writecodeonline.com/php/

Regards,
Ankur Cool
rjraaz
ankurthakur wrote:
I have used a online HTML tester and I guess that there are many available. But a PHP tester, probably 1 out of 50 Confused

Anyways, you can try this : http://writecodeonline.com/php/

Regards,
Ankur Cool

Thanks for that information but it is not required solution for me. But it gives me some idea to make my own tool or plugin for notepad++ editor that i am using for coding or online (browser based tool) tool using some ajax.

thanks again
ankurthakur
But I just want you to keep it secure because so many people are always eager to look for bad scripts which can harm the remote tool Shocked

May be it is more needed to make it secure if you will be including the ability to test php classes online Exclamation
rjraaz
ankurthakur wrote:
But I just want you to keep it secure because so many people are always eager to look for bad scripts which can harm the remote tool Shocked

May be it is more needed to make it secure if you will be including the ability to test php classes online Exclamation

Yes that is right but there may a way to avoid by using remote server that user must have to use script at their own server or to use it personal at administration level.

but my first consideration is to make plugin for notepad++ or compiled executable of php scripts.
ocalhoun
Some of the fancier php development suites do have troubleshooting tools and test-run capability... but they don't tend to work well if you're using multiple files and databases and the like... ie, some of your commands especially things like include or mysql_ commands will be ignored... which makes the troubleshooting aspect rather worthless for anything complex.

What I find works best is to set up a local web server on the same computer you use for editing. Set up your files and databases just like how they would be on your public web server... but since they're on the local machine, you can edit and save them without needing to constantly upload and download things.
--That's the best way I know of to quickly switch between editing and test-running php files.
rjraaz
ocalhoun wrote:
Set up your files and databases just like how they would be on your public web server... but since they're on the local machine, you can edit and save them without needing to constantly upload and download things.

I agreed, So there may be impementation of ftp upload feature and database backup or remote database access is also required for it if doing editing work at local server instead of publec server.

Really guys you are just inspiring me do something new and interesting Rolling Eyes