FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Auto Responder

medesignz
Hey,

I'd like to set up an email address that sends an auto response to anyone who sends a message to it which contains a certain keyword in the header.

Is this possible using FriHost?

Its not for SPAM, but due to some mobile devices not supporting all aspects of PHP therefore an autoresponder email would be the next best thing.

Please let me know of your thoughts

meDesignz
rjraaz
yes it is possible at frihost but needs some php scripting to get email, extract header and process as per keywords in header.
medesignz
Where is the best place to find this script?
rjraaz
medesignz wrote:
Where is the best place to find this script?

Just search around http://phpclasses.org
Josso
May have missed something (apologies: tired, you specifically want to use php?) but you could just use something like Mozilla Thunderbird to connect to the email account via SMTP it has a very good filter system where you can get it to send a responce, run a script, etc depending on the commands. I use it for my system where I can change playlist, turn off the PC etc via SMS.
rjraaz
Josso wrote:
May have missed something (apologies: tired, you specifically want to use php?) but you could just use something like Mozilla Thunderbird to connect to the email account via SMTP it has a very good filter system where you can get it to send a responce, run a script, etc depending on the commands. I use it for my system where I can change playlist, turn off the PC etc via SMS.

Well, I use Mozilla Firefox can use it for autorespond if so how can i do this

Question
medesignz
Josso wrote:

Interesting... Thanks for your help, I shall look into it Very Happy