FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

raining

mrsliickz
its raining in los angeles. raining hard and there has been many accidents. i see car's sliding and hittin into electrical poles. los angeles has so many bad drivers.
if there is raining in any other part of the world reply to this message.
post pictures of accidents or lightning if you have any.
orno
theres no reason for this to be in the discuss world news section

next time read the rules before posting

moved to General Chat
tidruG
Well, it rained like crazy over here in Hyderabad the last couple of days, but I am yet to see a major accident due to wet roads or things of that sort.
mceejaydee
It's because of damn global warming. Which was believed to cause Hurricane Katrina and making it rain hard in Cali Evil or Very Mad .
Chords.of.Life
it rained for a week straight in CT. I drove my van to work the other day, and we all park in a field, and my van pretty much sank. it was rediculous. I dont' mind all the rain though, cause we really needed the water, but now all the ponds and rivers are extra full.

i enjoy driving through all the huge puddles in the road though. It's a great time. My mini van rules.
wistom
No, my place is shining. The weather is normal here.
James Bond-007
Yes, it has been raining here in CT for the past few weeks nonstop as well. There was massive flooding over here, I don't know about you guys.
gonzo
mceejaydee wrote:
It's because of damn global warming.

Since it's not real it can hardly be called damnable Wink

There are more accidents because some people think a wet road is merely a different color.
criticaldensity
fianlly had a WONDERFUL weekend here. Fall feels fun.
ocalhoun
It's raining a lot here (Lake Wales, FL, USA)
That makes me happy.
Why...
The roads get nice and muddy> I can give my Jeep an improptu cammo colouring scheme. Smile
zerodefect
its always raining here it seems (Chatham, ON Canada), except for today. its nice out finally so i hope it keeps up!
psycosquirrel
My only car accident was in the rain.

I was driving down the road going to Wal-Mart, when a lady in a Mercedes took a left turn in front of me (the road was a divided, 4-lane road), and I had no time to stop. I skidded right onto the sidewalk, where only my front 2 tires went (rear tires are still on road). At this point, my car is basically at a 30 degree angle from the road, still sliding around and travelling at about 40 mph. The front left tire slipped down into a puddle in the grass between the road and sidewalk. It caught in the puddle, sharply swinging the rear of the car entirely around. The back left tire hit the curb, tucking under the car as the swingarms broke, then the axel snapped on the curb when the car finally spun back to facing the right way...

The other driver sped off, but I managed to avoid any type of impact. There were no witnesses, and the other driver was never caught. I was not fined or penalized in any way for the accident, besides paying about 2000 dollars in repairs to get a whole new rear axel, rear left swingarm, rear left tire and rim...
gonzo
tempted to wish you had t-boned her?
amusedtoe
Poor schmucks who can't drive in a light drizzle without major pileups. I took my bloody road test in a torrential down pour for goodness sake.
godam64
to prevent more accident i think there should be more strict in giving driving lisence to people. it's better to walk or drive a bike than a car. if you need fast you can use public transportation.
planet
I like rain,, when we get enough of it, the road closes (a small bridge gets submerged) and we are isolated from the world untill the water level goes down, wonderfull tranquility ,,,, AHHHHH =)
bao
When rianing,I will have a good mood!
johanfh
It depends what kind of rain it is: if there is a smooth, tiny rain, then everything smells fresh and green. I like that kind of rain. If it's soaking wet and I'm inside my house, with a nice warm oven, I like that kind of rain to. Especially if it gives great thunderstrikes over my house. But when I'm outside and I'm totally wet and my clothes stick to me and I have to visit someone important etc. I hate the rain.

So, if I like the rain depends on what kind of rain it is.
At the moment it's oktober: time of the year with a lot of rain just at the moment when I want to go to the supermarket or to my friends. Crying or Very sad

So what, in 5 months it will be spring again Wink

JohanFH
ekingisrael
Hi everybody,its raining here at Israel, and i thinks that the one who posted this subject should know that in Israel there's much more bad drivers than the entire world,people here dont have driving skills or menners,every driver here thinks his the owner of the road.

dont drive with anger,dont bring your anger to change your driving-it will only bring accidents.

have a safe weekend Arrow
yule
The rain is beautiful, specially the spring rain, in the spring looks the rain, do not have one flavor.
PiLouZzzzZ
mrsliickz wrote:
its raining in los angeles. raining hard and there has been many accidents. i see car's sliding and hittin into electrical poles. los angeles has so many bad drivers.
if there is raining in any other part of the world reply to this message.
post pictures of accidents or lightning if you have any.

Its raining where i live, but there are no car accidents...