FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The future of Flash??

zZuiL
Well I'm new to this website, and to anything about posting aside from Twitter in general.

But well to the point !

I've been reading a lot about how flash is over. how HTML5 will replace(I don't think so), and what apple denying flash made its mobile development stop. I would like to hear what you think its future is, and what can we expect in the future.
rjraaz
not only HTML5 silverlight is also best replacement of flash. the loading time performance of silverlight is better than flash but the developement windows platform dependent.
billlam
rjraaz wrote:
not only HTML5 silverlight is also best replacement of flash. the loading time performance of silverlight is better than flash but the developement windows platform dependent.

silverlight won't be a good replacement if microsoft ask the users to pay for the player.
cybersa
It think there is no future for Flash.
Because Adobe already stopped developing Flash for android and concentrating more on HTML5.

In my computer history,i first learned Flash 8.
But its going to end Sad
Blummer
Yes Flash will disappear, in terms of web programming. The flash animation anyway will still be used.
Hexes
Blummer wrote:
Yes Flash will disappear, in terms of web programming. The flash animation anyway will still be used.

I wouldn’t be so sure about the end of Flash technology. HTML5 standard will be fully supported only at 2014. By now flash is getting better and better. New versions have lower system resource consumption and improved code. For sure someday flash will disappear but I highly doubt that it will happen before 2014.
cybersa
@Hexes
I agree with you.

I think main disadvantage of flash is not Fully supported by SEO.
rjraaz
But HTML5 not premium video support, as Flash does.

For example MegaVideo has time limitation 72 minutes period while watching videos. That means we have to wait for to watch next video after that period, and for which coding inside the swf file of player. While in HTML5 we have only javascript API and anyone who is familiar with web designing can modify that code easily and bypass time limit.
jcreus
rjraaz wrote:
But HTML5 not premium video support, as Flash does.

For example MegaVideo has time limitation 72 minutes period while watching videos. That means we have to wait for to watch next video after that period, and for which coding inside the swf file of player. While in HTML5 we have only javascript API and anyone who is familiar with web designing can modify that code easily and bypass time limit.

That can be accomplished server side; what is more, it *should*. Servers, I suppose, have the abililty to stop streaming, and can be programmed to do so.
codersfriend
Flash made a major contribution in web developent as it did some of the things html 4 couldn't provide. however the problem is that FLash is proprietary, meaning you'll have to purchase Adobe Flash (which was also macromedia flash) just to develop a flash application.. and browser support also, you'll always need to download a flash plugin for your browser or mobile device.
now It's being replaced by CSS3 and HTML 5..
but it would take a lot of time before flash would be fully replaced since html 5 is still being developed . .
pazis
Flash was the first program I learned! (flash 5) Very Happy Although I hope it doesn't disappear from web, I think it would!
weableandbob
I think it will die at some point, except for uses in animation. Luckily, that means that all the websites that use flash for annoying menus and such will eventually disappear, as well.
therimalaya
Development is a continuous process. Technology is a breakthrough. HTML 5 is a breakthrough in creation of web content. It will obviously replace flash in the course of development.
metalfreek
I think flash will be out once HTML5 is popular. Flash on mobile device is too buggy and power hungry. It was great for PC but it looks like Adobe is not that interested in developing flash further.

One example is the unavailability of flash in Windows vista 64 bit browser.
Navigator
Are there any hints Adobe is letting flash go?