FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doom-The Movie

datom
Cast:
Katl Urban
Rosamond Pike
Raz Adoti
Dwayne "THE ROCK" Johnson

The Story:
Doom, the landmark videogame that electrified a generation, leaps from the computer screen to the big screen as a terrifying sci-fi horror action adventure, transporting audiences to a dark and disturbing future with all the visceral excitement and horror that made its gaming predecessor a global phenomenon.

The action takes place at Olduvai Research Station, a remote scientific facility on Mars, where something has gone terribly wrong. All experiments have ceased, and communication has failed. The few messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's Level 5 Quarantine, and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad (RRTS)-hardened Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize any enemy_or so they think.

The researchers at this Red Planet station have unwittingly opened a door, and all hell has broken loose.  A legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurks in every corner and stalks the countless rooms and tunnels of the facility, killing what few people remain. A hellish zoo of demons, Imps, Barons and Hell Knights has taken over Olduvai. And they're not giving it back without a fight.

Sealing off the portal to Earth, Sarge (The Scorpion King's DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON), Reaper (The Lord of the Rings' KARL URBAN) and their mercenary team must use every weapon at their disposal-and some they find along the way-to carry out their orders:  nothing gets out alive. Unfortunately, these things never go as planned_

Doom stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (The Scorpion King, The Rundown, Walking Tall) as Sarge; Karl Urban (The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Bourne Supremacy) as John Grimm, a.k.a. Reaper; and ROSAMUND PIKE (Die Another Day, Pride & Prejudice) as Dr. Samantha "Sam" Grimm.  The film also stars RAZ ADOTI, DEOBIA OPAREI, BEN DANIELS, RICHARD BRAKE, YAO CHIN and AL WEAVER as members of the RRTS, and DEXTER FLETCHER as a wheelchair-bound communications officer.

Doom is directed by ANDRZEJ BARTKOWIAK (Romeo Must Die) and produced by LORENZO di BONAVENTURA (Constantine, Four Brothers) and JOHN WELLS (Far From Heaven, White Oleander, television's The West Wing and ER).  The film is written by DAVID CALLAHAM and WESLEY STRICK (from a story by Callaham), based on the id Software videogame "Doom."

The stellar behind-the-scenes team is led by director of photography TONY PIERCE-ROBERTS, BSC (Underworld), production designer STEPHEN SCOTT (Hellboy), costume designer CARLO POGGIOLI (Van Helsing, Cold Mountain), SFX supervisor KIT WEST (The Bourne Supremacy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Return of the Jedi), VFX supervisor JON FARHAT (The Interpreter, The Mask), creature FX supervisor JOHN ROSENGRANT (Aliens, Jurassic Park III) and editor DEREK G. BRECHIN and fight supervisor DION LAM (The Matrix trilogy). LAURA HOLSTEIN and JEREMY STECKLER are co-executive producers.

more info on the official web site:http://www.doommovie.com
Cerebral Stasis
Sounds like another pathetic attempt to make a bestselling horror game into a blockbuster by throwing a military squad into the poorly translated world of the game. Chances are it will turn out to be the pathetic action movie that Resident Evil was.
Tepelstreeltje
Notice the camera movement in this movie... Its just like the cam as a first person shooter! Awsome hahaha...
52tease
Now raise your hands if you're going to see it...
JagatWorld
am I right ? is this a movie or a game.......

Doom is a fav game of mine....... but you are saying casting and other things....

when did it release........ ???? Rolling Eyes
datom
on the 22.10.05
KungFuChris
This film looks sooo bad that I think I'm just gonna have to see it, just so that I can believe how utterly terrible it actually will be.

I can't help but cringe at the trailer all the way through, and the first person shots... eugh... apparently they're all together in one long stream near the end of the film, so maybe I can just shut my eyes for that bit Laughing
Bender1337
I think fps view will be cool anyways i think this will be the frist video game turned into a movie love fthe game
SilverDogg
haha just saw that movie on that page.

what ive heard is that this movie isnt really following doom. its more or less just the name and maybe some enemies. but i dont know, ill probably see it sometime ;D.

the first person view looks really cool though =D. that alone i would want to see more of ;D.

oh, and it airs on october 21, not 22 Wink
comsci18
i will waiting
KungFuChris
Bender1337 wrote:
i think this will be the frist video game turned into a movie

The first one after... Mario Brothers, Streetfighter, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat (several of them), Wing Commander, Tomb Raider (two so far), Resident Evil (another two), Final Fantasy and most likley a couple of others I've thankfully forgotten along the way Laughing
wistom
Form the first one 's introduction i want to see it.
When will it come to our place and when it will play?
I like this sort movies , it takes my interesting.
I waiting for it.
Sandcrawler
It looks to be a good movie now that they brought back Mars and all...originaly it was gona be on Earth or some planet like that...and the enemy was gona be more like the one in the movie called Goast of Mars (i think is the name 0.o) that movie was based off the Doom game but was along ways from it...and they were first gona base the Doom Movie off of it... I can't wait to see it...just hope it won't be really bad cause they got to live up to the game and the movie looks like they took stuff out of the game and put it in with real actors over the top Confused
Jeff_vella_leone
Well, from what i saw it seems a good action movie
I'm going ti watch it even if it won't be as good as the game
I like so much action movies Smile
I think that Doom the game lovers will surly watch it once I Bet (like me)
So have fun ..... at least i hope so Smile
CamiBor
is it very scary?
shobair
this is a movie I really await!!
willem2809
is it kind of doom3 style??