FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your Frihost Hosting for?

Ghost Rider103
I currently use Frihost as a testing server for all of my client work and some of my personal projects.

I might be hosting my next big project full time on Frihost just to support the site. Though I'm not 100% certain on that yet, but I'm definitely testing the project here on Frihost (along with a ton of other client work).

I'm curious what everyone else is using their Frihost hosting account for? Does anyone have any live sites on Frihost?
deanhills
I initially used it as a Website for astro photography as I had been quite fascinated by photos of Dr. Mario Mariani's. I took it down in May when I thought I was going to leave Frihost. Then when I tried to put it back up, had firewall issues and great difficulty to re-upload the photos. Gave up, and since then have been using the Website primarily as storage space for photos or reference materials that I have been using in my posts. I'd like to get back to having a proper Website again however. So who knows, maybe over Xmas or New Years I'll get it sorted out. Bondings suggested at the time that if I ftp the Website materials instead of publishing the Website from Expressions Web, that it would work much better, so want to try that as well.
standready
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Does anyone have any live sites on Frihost?

Yes, see my sig. Thank you Bondings!
Darn, I need to get the 2012 calendar made and posted. This year went by so quick.
truespeed
I have 2 sites on my frih hosting,neither gets much traffic,i put them there as i was on shared hosting at the time and was limited by my cpu usage,i am now on a VPS so its not really an issue anymore so i could move them over to my paid hosting provider,but for now i will just leave them there,unless of course either becomes popular and exceeds my monthly bandwidth allowance,then i would move them.
Ankhanu
I was going to use it for an RPG repository of sorts. I'd been working on rule sets for a couple games and the like that never quite made it to completion (I'd been busy with other much more important things), but I did set up a wiki for keeping track of various game related material. That wiki got hit pretty hard by spam bots, and I haven't fixed it... though I have made a copy of all the actual content, and will be setting it back up again in the next couple months.

I also have a couple band recordings on there as mp3s for distribution to people I know; I don't have a site associated with them, so you need direct links.

I also host a couple small scripts for some games I play; game aides.

I'll be working on properly using my hosting in the new year Wink
loremar
I'm using it for my wordpress blog. It's a blog about game development.
I'm currently learning Ogre3D rendering engine and I occasionally put what I learned so far in my blog.
There's not lots of content in it yet. I've only made 8 posts so far.
Blaster
my frihost leads to a business website for my parents www.donsdeliandcatering.com
therimalaya
I'm using this for a Mathematics and Statistics related educational website, but as i'm not able to give time for it, i've currently suspended the website...
ocalhoun
Currently... well... mostly for hosting my emotes.

If I manage to get the equine dream website back up, It'll be on Frihost again.
cybersa
All my online files,website going on Frihost.
mukesh
My website under construction. My site based on List of all indian colleges, Previous Years question papers and lates news about Educations.

my website is www.mini.frihost.org

Laughing
ankur209
Initially i used my frihost as a testing server,to put all my learning knowledge into practical situation !
Thus,FRIHOST offered me a free web hosting where i hosted 3 websites with 2 subdomains ! Out of which two are still working and that is why I'm on Frihost and posting this post Smile
bukaida
My website is a pure personal website and consist of information about me. Sometimes to refer myself somewhere (e.g for some online paid assignment) I simply refer the link to the recruiter. It is accessed frequently by my students and so has a good ranking in google.
alvarorojas4
It was for my forum first (foroact.com) now is bigger and I pay a hosting, and now i have another forum that I started the last year... Very Happy
Vanilla
I use it for my personal weblog. It is my third different domain hosted on Frihost since 2006. I don't want to change because of the stability of Frihost. I can't find something like that on other brazilian hosts.
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
I use it for my personal weblog. It is my third different domain hosted on Frihost since 2006. I don't want to change because of the stability of Frihost. I can't find something like that on other brazilian hosts.
Cool Website Vanilla! Cool
ankurthakur
I will be sharing all of my Web Development work on my website. I have made several Addons for PHP-Fusion.

This will be my personal website + Web blog

PHP-Fusion is open source CMS Wink Cool Razz
Vanilla
deanhills wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
Cool Website Vanilla! Cool

Thank you so much! I'm not a pro, this is just a hobby. Very Happy
ProfessorY91
I host a wordpress blog using frihost, and I also use it to develop "prototypes" of websites that I build for other institutions/companies. Its nice to have a playground where you can throw stuff up for viewing purposes, or host a link to an important document, or a family picture, or any of those sorts of things. I'm also guilty of using Frihost to host stuff that I want to make popular on facebook or using social media, as it's on an external site (or it appears to be), yet, I've designed all of it.
johans
I you use frihost for personal, business, experience and choose for no cost hosting. I used this also for asking questions in forums exchanging ideas.
Ghost Rider103
standready wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Darn, I need to get the 2012 calendar made and posted. This year went by so quick.

I've actually visited your site a couple times in the past. The first time I didn't see a way to purchase your product. It looks like you've since updated it. Good work on that, and interesting idea. Smile

deanhills wrote:
I initially used it as a Website for astro photography as I had been quite fascinated by photos of Dr. Mario Mariani's. I took it down in May when I thought I was going to leave Frihost. Then when I tried to put it back up, had firewall issues and great difficulty to re-upload the photos. Gave up, and since then have been using the Website primarily as storage space for photos or reference materials that I have been using in my posts. I'd like to get back to having a proper Website again however. So who knows, maybe over Xmas or New Years I'll get it sorted out. Bondings suggested at the time that if I ftp the Website materials instead of publishing the Website from Expressions Web, that it would work much better, so want to try that as well.

Ah cool, I've never come across your website before I don't think. Why don't you try to take up photography yourself (assuming you haven't) and create a portfolio and organize your work? We have many photographers on Frihost that have some amazing skill that would probably be more than happy to give you some tips. I'm mainly thinking of Bjwok who has some amazing work which can be seen here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-119036.html

Ankhanu wrote:
I also have a couple band recordings on there as mp3s for distribution to people I know; I don't have a site associated with them, so you need direct links.

Would really like to see you put out a website for your band if you don't already have one. Music entertainment websites are always good to visit. I'd be more than willing to throw out a custom design for you as well to help get you started if you'd like. Very Happy

loremar wrote:
I'm currently learning Ogre3D rendering engine and I occasionally put what I learned so far in my blog.

The best way to get motivated to post more is seeing people comment on your blog posts. Perhaps you should link us so we can check it out.

ocalhoun wrote:
Currently... well... mostly for hosting my emotes.

If I manage to get the equine dream website back up, It'll be on Frihost again.

As much as I hate... ponies... you should set up a public gallery of all of your emotes with a direct code that people can copy/paste to use wherever and whenever they like. However use of the emotes would have to be forbidden on Frihost.
Vanilla wrote:

Very cool! I'm always impressed with people who continue to use Frihost even with multiple domains.

Well I would keep replying to posts here but I have to get back to work. Will reply to more posts here later. Cool
Nighthawk360
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I currently use Frihost as a testing server for all of my client work and some of my personal projects.

I might be hosting my next big project full time on Frihost just to support the site. Though I'm not 100% certain on that yet, but I'm definitely testing the project here on Frihost (along with a ton of other client work).

I'm curious what everyone else is using their Frihost hosting account for? Does anyone have any live sites on Frihost?

I think I am going to use my hosting for my business.

Its a video sharing website and I need a different host as my current one is closing down Sad

Also frihost looks AWESOME so I look forward to getting my website on a better service haha!
standready
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
standready wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

I've actually visited your site a couple times in the past. The first time I didn't see a way to purchase your product. It looks like you've since updated it. Good work on that, and interesting idea. Smile

Thanks Ghost. I have learned a lot from developing the Inverted Bottle Holder. Yes, there are a few places to 'click' on the main page to purchase. Laughing
2012 'year at a glance' calendar is now available for download/printing.
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

As much as I hate... ponies...

You keep saying that...

but secretly you like them, don't you?

It's okay, you can admit it... no reason to try to be a macho man on the internet...
Quote:
you should set up a public gallery of all of your emotes with a direct code that people can copy/paste to use wherever and whenever they like.

Oh, I will, once I'm finished with season 1. The set isn't finished yet.
Quote:
However use of the emotes would have to be forbidden on Frihost.

Enforcement of that may prove problematic... seeing how a certain staff member is very partial to ponies. ^.^
chasbeen
This service is great for testing stuff before you want to put it out there live.
Positioning objects in browsers can be practiced before you decide to publish to your public facing site.

Frihost uses pretty fast servers and has this advantage over my paid host.
Robert_Redbeard
My hosting is for a homepage. A place to tie my Facebook, YouTube, CafePress and other internet accounts into and add a little original content for the curious as well.

As a sub part of the site I am also going to redo my old Martial Arts site. I have been needing to get some stuff done in that area and it should be a good place to do so.

I have my adsense account and will be working on partnering with YouTbe as well. So I might even be able to make a slight bit of revenue too.
tingkagol
I use Frihost for web supremacy... er.. at least that's what I thought 10 years ago. Back then wordpress and other CMS were still in development, and if you were one of those people who had some kind of web presence, you'd automatically become one of the cool cats. Cool

Nowadays, everyone is ON the web one way or the other. So I just use Frihost to test something out, or if I'm feeling creative. I've been having trouble with inspiration lately though, especially since coding a site from the ground up is too much work compared to ready-to-use websites available now (wordpress, blogger).

As for content, I mostly do websites dedicated to bands that inspire me and felt need some exposure. I also did the odd female celebrity fansite. But most importantly, I've been maintaining a site since 2002 dedicated to my friends with a bunch of photos up - basically just some sort of nostalgia/memory-lane website.
loremar
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
loremar wrote:

The best way to get motivated to post more is seeing people comment on your blog posts. Perhaps you should link us so we can check it out.

Here's my site ---> http://loremar.frihost.org/
There's not much in it. Most of the contents can already be found in ogre3d's site. I'm hoping I'll make it content-rich when I start to learn other libraries.

I'll make my link to my blog public when I get my free domain from Bondings. I hope.
crystalkey
I will be moving my hosting here (eventually) from another provider. We are a new ministry operating out of the US, focused on leadership training and initiatives.
spinout
it is just for nothing right now - I had a bandpage and they though freehost was too much commersial... and had a strange url. But Just now I am heading for that 350 coins for a free domian...
foumy6
Well before I tried making a forum, but that went no where, so now that my sub domain change request went through I am going to be working on bringing my Legend of the Green dragon server back up. Though it may take me a bit because I have a lot of work left to do on it as well as some other things evolving it. Plus high school student here, lots of homework Razz. So it may take me a little while, but it will happen.
deanhills
foumy6 wrote:
Well before I tried making a forum, but that went no where, so now that my sub domain change request went through I am going to be working on bringing my Legend of the Green dragon server back up. Though it may take me a bit because I have a lot of work left to do on it as well as some other things evolving it. Plus high school student here, lots of homework Razz. So it may take me a little while, but it will happen.
Am definitely looking forward to seeing it when it is up and rolling! Very Happy
foumy6
deanhills wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
Am definitely looking forward to seeing it when it is up and rolling! Very Happy

well the site is up now (Just click my sig for a link) it is just the basics at the moment but I am designating at least 1 day a week to updating and installing new modules and such. Plus the admins are good Razz (me and 2 friends)
deanhills
@foumy6 It looks GREAT!!! And it loads super fast. Great job! Very Happy
foumy6
deanhills wrote:
@foumy6 It looks GREAT!!! And it loads super fast. Great job! Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy and I see that you made an account on it Very Happy
kta_fh
I'm currently testing WordPress for a school class parents' blog etc (events, contacts, performances...).

I've tried to find a plugin that would allow showing most types of videos in most browsers. Actually I'm planning to stick to MP4/AAC videos if possible.

FYI: Free version of WordPress...
rodexa
I use frihost to expand my Joomla knowledge.
Peterssidan
At first I used it for my flash games and animations. I have later been using it for a lot of different things and used it for testing out different things and still do sometimes but the only public thing I have there now is a small game that I wrote in C++.
RosenCruz
for my personal blog. It used to be on a paid provider but right now I m hosted with Frihost on server 3. and pretty satisfied, actually Wink
darthrevan
Currently really nothing. not really sure if I will figure out what to do with it.
deanhills
I love my Frihost space. I have a Website on it, however also use it to store images from time to time. Less now than before as I'm doing very well with Imgur, but still, if I should no longer have my Frihost space, would feel like something is missing in my life.