FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ne one want to have some fun with Jack Thompson?

Wd_removed
' please contact him at 1172 South Dixie Hwy., Suite 111, Coral Gables, Florida, or phone him at 305-666-4366'

Directly quoted from his website stopkill.com

Feel free to use this information in anyway you wish. Though I must warn you letterbombs are illegal. Very Happy Very Happy
Monkeydog
If I had the money....I'd buy hundreds of violent videogames and send them all to him...actually, no...jappanese dating sims(tha hentai kind) =D
Dark_Jedi06
Sent him an e-mail and he never bothered to respond...

He's very rude. Razz
JagatWorld
"If you want to help your state pass a constitutional law to prohibit the sale of these virtual reality murder and sex simulators to children, if you want any additional information or help, or if you want to help Jack Thompson in any fashion, including prayer, please contact him at 1172 South Dixie Hwy., Suite 111, Coral Gables, Florida, or phone him at 305-666-4366. May God bless you, keep you, and protect you and yours. "

this is working ..........

Jack Thompson is the Miami attorney the video game industry loves to hate--and with good reason.

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., through its Rockstar Games, has distributed tens of millions of units of its Grand Theft Auto games to kids. The FBI and Secret Service found that games like these trained teen killers for their massacres at Columbine and other schools like Paducah. We increasingly have a nation of "Manchurian children," ready, willing, and able to kill.

Jack Thompson's nearly 100 national and international television appearances, hundreds of radio interviews, and nearly 200 college campus appearances detailing the aggressive marketing of adult entertainment to kids, with the help of other dedicated citizens, have blown the whistle on this industry, and they are on the run.

This summer CBS's 60 Minutes and the August 2005 Reader's Digest featured Jack Thompson's efforts against Rockstar Games because of the murders this company has spawned. Jack has a Tyndale House book, Out of Harm's Way, arriving in November 2005. You can order it now at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com.

Get up and work on it,,,,,,, ......... Twisted Evil
JagatWorld
"If you want to help your state pass a constitutional law to prohibit the sale of these virtual reality murder and sex simulators to children, if you want any additional information or help, or if you want to help Jack Thompson in any fashion, including prayer, please contact him at 1172 South Dixie Hwy., Suite 111, Coral Gables, Florida, or phone him at 305-666-4366. May God bless you, keep you, and protect you and yours. "

this is working ..........

Jack Thompson is the Miami attorney the video game industry loves to hate--and with good reason.

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., through its Rockstar Games, has distributed tens of millions of units of its Grand Theft Auto games to kids. The FBI and Secret Service found that games like these trained teen killers for their massacres at Columbine and other schools like Paducah. We increasingly have a nation of "Manchurian children," ready, willing, and able to kill.

Jack Thompson's nearly 100 national and international television appearances, hundreds of radio interviews, and nearly 200 college campus appearances detailing the aggressive marketing of adult entertainment to kids, with the help of other dedicated citizens, have blown the whistle on this industry, and they are on the run.

This summer CBS's 60 Minutes and the August 2005 Reader's Digest featured Jack Thompson's efforts against Rockstar Games because of the murders this company has spawned. Jack has a Tyndale House book, Out of Harm's Way, arriving in November 2005. You can order it now at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com.

Monkeydog
JagatWorld wrote:

Jack Thompson is a freakin' retard!

A video game does not train anyone to do anything, unless the child themselves let the game train them, and who's fault is it that their trained? Parents.
It's not the video game industrys job to watch over kids, ecpsecially when their games aren't even ment for kids. Noone at Take-Two is hading out copys of GTA and saying use this to kill.
Jack Thompson is just arguing to be arguing and to get attention, like all politians. He knows nothing of what he is fighting, and comes up with stupid hypocrticle things. Like his vido game proposal.
How you can even think he is doing the right thing is beyond me. All he is doing is trying to kill the video game industry because he and certain parents are too dumb.

argh I want to rant but I can't really...I'm to afraid of Bondings and noobie now v-v
Wd_removed
Just to state the obvious. His website is totally crap. 1 page websites? Isn't that generally refered to as a blog Razz XD
Talk about lack of HTML, lack of bloody money to afford dreamweaver, can't even afford bloody easyhtml. No wait I forgot.. Thats free and probably what he does use.

His website is hilarious if anyone gets to go one there.
RS
i don't now how...
Wd_removed
www.stopkill.com

I know kinda spamming.. But he wanted to know!!!
Monkeydog
He tried to get Gabe and Tycho arrested...for calling his bluff?
This man is an idiot.I hate him so much, and I've never even met him...
trickstott
The really dangerous thing about Jack Thompson is how he is portrayed by the media at large. He sells himself as an expert on video games, but he actually has no experience with the industry at all. He recently posted a series of scathing criticisms of football video games citing that "the NFL won't even let them use their name."
That would be a valid criticism IF EA DIDN'T OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE NFL LISCENSE!
The man is so grossly ill informed, and yet he is frequently called in to news shows as an expert on the industry. The real solution to the JAck Thompson problem is for developers to start representing themselves to the media, and not let some nutty lawyer be the only media voice on the industry.
bigdan
What a dope! Razz Someone should knock his lights out...
lycadia
I find it positively disturbing how many people in the major media and in mainstream society take the man seriously. He is nothing more than an ill-informed, sanctimonious, and evidently unbalanced demagogue. He uses the twin goads of fear and religion, backed up with his loudmouth and his reckless abuse of the legal system to stir up people who are too lazy and weak-willed to regulate their own households and raise their own children but are more then happy to rally to the cry of “It’s someone else’s fault!” It’s absolutely disgusting, really. The man is fawned on and puffed up as being insightful and knowledgeable by a media machine that finds it faster and more financially sound to keep people in a state of misplaced fear and excitement then to do some research and present facts. His very website is a poorly written, illogical diatribe which takes wildly out of context what information it doesn’t make up whole-cloth.

I do not advocate any illegal acts toward him, if only because it makes him look more and more like he might have a point and fulfills his desire to be seen as a righteous martyr. However, well written and rational counterarguments sent to media outlets which feature him like Reader’s Digest and CNN pointing out factual errors (with sources cited, preferably) and underlining the flaws at the roots of his stance would probably do more good then “messing with” or “having fun with” him. A campaign of writing letters (again, proper and business like letters, best foot forward and so on) to the Florida Bar Association requesting his suitability to represent the legal profession be investigated, based on his repeatedly demonstrable use of threatened litigation and false claims to have filed police complaints to intimidate anyone who opposes him has also been begun.

I invite anyone who is interested in the matter of this man to read up on the facts of his actions, his claims, his “evidence” and what has already been done to deal with this and other attempts to limit commercial and artistic freedom in the name of religion and public safety. I do not know how serious an effect he might have or exactly what tactic might be swiftly successful. I do know one thing for certain, however. Trying to simply shout down or intimidate a loud mouth bully with a public pulpit is seldom effective. It is almost never effective in the hands of individuals without similar access to the public and an air of respectability and knowledge.

Sorry for the long rant and I truly, sincerely apologize if this offends anyone. Jack Thompson and people like him really get deep under my skin. I loathe people who hide behind morals to build their own public image while behaving immorally and trying to slice away other people’s freedoms.