You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best music for working to

Does anyone notice that the music in the background sets the pace or productivity(amount of work)? I have found that folk music or Mozart in the background gets me in a more productive frame of mind. Feedback?
It depends on what kind of work I'm doing. If I'm doing any kind of creative or mentally intensive work then pretty much any music tends to distract me and slow me down. But if I'm doing something repetitive or manual intensive then stirring classic or epic trailer-style music will keep me from zoning out and inspire me to work a little faster.

Unfortunately my current workplace doesn't even allow a radio in the background, since it might distract from all the necessarily quick orders or every single machine that wants to beep at us all the time.
I get less productive with music in the background but classical music is better than most other kinds of music.
If I have music playing, and I'm being productive, it may mean that I'm not listening to the music.
Light music. Heavy music doesn't let me think. But if I'm doing busy work (mindless), anything will do.
Ever try working (doing intense calculations) with several different types of music playing around you. You hear little bits of each different one. Can't focus on any certain one or your work. That's my work office. I put on earphones and play white noise at a low level to drown it out.
Home office, I play rock music but don't usually even hear it.
If I've doing work that doesn't require thinking, then Heavy Metal all the time. I've noticed anywhere from a 25%-200% increase in my productivity when listening to it. However, anything that requires thinking, I don't want music, period. In fact, even the hum of the fans on my computer are not desirable.
Oddly enough, background music helps pace me in my work, making me more productive.
Depends on what you are working on:

- reading and absorbing knowledge (light or no music)
- mindless computer work (fast paced music)
- outdoor work (depends)
It changes all the time. But yes, definitely, it can make a great difference to my productivity.
It certainly matters on the type of work I'm doing like others have stated but usually I find myself listening to some form of Rap. Typically calmer Rap like Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, ect. And if I'm not feeling the calmer genres, then I'll listen to artists such as Eminem, Yelawolf, Lil' Wayne, and well the list goes on and on. I do enjoy some forms of rock as well. Like I said, it just all depends on the work or what I'm doing.
Kolaveri Kolaveri Di
Since few days I'm listening the song "Kolaveri Kolaveri Di" but I don't what the meaning of this song. In some website I saw that according to the composer why this Kolaveri Kolaveri Di means "Why do you have this murderous rage against me?" Then why the Kolaveri Di is called the "Soup Song" again according to the composer Soup is a Tamil word used for guys who go through failure in love. Even I don't know Tamil language it's really nice to humbling this song.

"Why this Kolaveri Kolaveri Di..???"
Worth to Listen...!
Linkin Park
Maybe some light but rhythmic music, not too loud. Works sometimes.
robinhood005 wrote:
Anyone else noticed that the background music sets the pace or productivity (the amount of work)? I discovered that Mozart or folk music in the background is in the frame of mind more productive. Feedback?
Depends on the mood I'm in how motivated I am by the music. Could be a great variety depending on the moment I'm in. But yes, music can definitely increase my productivity. Particularly where creativity is required.