FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dell is the best

onlinesteve614
So far, our organization has tried Compaq, IBM, offbrands, and Dell. Of all the computers we have tried out, we have decided that Dell is the best so far. Any feedback?
tdossi
So I took private (4) and business (800) to do DELL-PC s and over 10 years.
Quality and service have finally led me to switch to Dell and privately.

That sometimes can turn out a piece of hardware (which is rare) is clear. For
gives the first-class service from DELL. I've always opted for a 3 year on-site service.
That costs a bit more, but I have within this period a quiet life, if indeed
But what should happen to anyone (selectable response time: next business day or within 8 hours)
Of the approximately 800 PCs we have here in the last two years, approximately 8 PCs have been repaired. Including 4 affected because of the "capacitor problem," which also ASUS, MSI and other manufacturers were.
1% in two years, with things running almost around the clock and are used extensively.

Regarding the replacement of hardware parts, which is always a bit tricky.
Dell guarantees of course only for the goods you have supplied. Puts a "non-DELL-component"
in the computer and it comes at a loss, you'd better have the original configuration (DELL + extensions) to recover, otherwise the dispatched by Dell technicians refuse to repair. Is also understandable, not only with DELL Sun
Nevertheless, I bought my PC with the minimum memory configuration and memory through a third party, such as Compuram bought it because it was much cheaper.

The delivery time you ask for a better phone. Normally, the computer comes within 4-8 days after order to (Exceptions prove the rule). The whole is of course dependent on the chosen components and their availability. My Precision Workstation 340 was delivered faster than the order confirmation to delivery (total of 3 days - pretty fast when you consider that the PCs are made only after receipt of order in Ireland).

Regarding payment I am afraid to say anything. I assume that Dell installments over an external financing bank (as usual) unwinds. Simply read through the conditions and then decide.
tdossi
Dell has another manufacturer after Samsung lost interest in netbooks. On his website he offers only the version of its Inspiron netbook for business customers. The model Dell Inspiron Mini for home users has already disappeared from the offer. In them are typical of this class Atom processor and 10-inch displays were installed.

The offer remains with the Dell Inspiron Duo tablet that can be transformed by rotating hinge in a netbook and still will always sell well. Dell is the greatest hope, however, models such as the recently announced XPS notebook 14z, which is being advertised as' ultra-flat and luxurious. "It is depending on the equipment in the price range of about 600 to 1200 Euros and is thus much more expensive than a netbook.

The name was netbooks, Intel introduced in 2008. In August 2010, the chip maker reported 70 million Atom processors, which were delivered to these sub-notebooks. But Apple's iPad and other tablets placed in the second half of 2010 in favor of the buyer and slowed the flight altitude. Meanwhile, Intel has created a new category: the ultra-lucrative Books. They are similar portable, but offer much more power.
tdossi
Samsung announced the end of November had reportedly in an e-mail to his partner, from 2012 also does not produce 10-inch netbooks more. According to French blog Blogee it wants to focus instead on books as well as ultra-ultra portable models with 11.6 and 12 inch diagonal display. Similar schemes exist in Acer, whose CEO JT Wang in a recent interview with Dow Jones Newswires said: "Selling More Books Ultra, will help us improve our profit margins, because their prices are higher [than those of netbooks]."
menino
Dell is good for business and technical people, mainly because it is quite a sturdy machine with great specs.
One thing I've seen in dell is the old laptops which is about 3 - 4 years old like the d520, d530, d610, d620, d630 latitude models which had the serial port also, which the network guys could use to connect to networking equipment easily.

But for business users, I would say that Lenovo / IBM have some of the best hardware specs.

But macbooks are also great.
anglianvoip
I have to admit my partner has had a Dell XPS for about 5 years. Its getting a bit old now but with daily use its still in great condition unlike any laptop iv ever had. I do recommend Dell for laptops though there desktop cases seem a bit bespoke something im not too much of a fan of.

K
anglianvoip
I have to admit my partner has had a Dell XPS for about 5 years. Its getting a bit old now but with daily use its still in great condition unlike any laptop iv ever had. I do recommend Dell for laptops though there desktop cases seem a bit bespoke something im not too much of a fan of.

K
mukesh
My laptop is Dell with corei3, this time working find but in future i don't know. Razz
pll
Dell are quite good computers.
I remember my friend and I were owning a Latitude D600 few years ago. This computer was tough!

REALLY TOUGH ; I mean we made it jump over 5 stairs and it didn't crack, we putted it in the freezer (-15 Celsius) for half an hour, and 10 minutes after the computer was still booting.

We tried to kill it and we were never able. He was even using it in the pool (not directly in the water) but on the deck where there little water.

He changed almost every part of it for genuine parts and it's still working I think.

Their computers have a good design too.
But it's not comparable to Apple on this side.
rjraaz
i have 2 dell studio xps and both them working fine. and their support is also good.
Ankhanu
Dell's not too bad.
I had an Inspiron 5150 from spring 2004 through fall 2008 (still have it, really, but it's in storage) that I used daily until I got my Mac in 2007. Aside from two HDDs dying, it was a pretty solid computer and served me well. Given the fallibility of HDDs, I can't really fault Dell for that (and the second HDD was used when I got it to replace the first). The components largely seemed quality, as was the case itself.

Of course, first thing I did with the system when I got it was clear off all the extra garbage software it came bundled with... I'm sure the experience would have been less pleasant stock.
cnitolo
I work with support and Dell is the best, no problems, hardware with best performance than the others and when in warranty they solve the problems in few days.
Ankhanu
cnitolo wrote:
I work with support and Dell is the best, no problems, hardware with best performance than the others and when in warranty they solve the problems in few days.

This is not unique to Dell Razz
aydinal
I think it is a matter of chance. I've used several brands over the years. I had bad dells and good dells. I had good HPs and bad HPs. But i never had a good toshiba laptop they always seem to have some kind of problem. My suggestion is stay away from toshiba and stay close to dell and samsung.
Ankhanu
aydinal wrote:
But i never had a good toshiba laptop they always seem to have some kind of problem. My suggestion is stay away from toshiba and stay close to dell and samsung.

Toshiba used to be exceptionally good systems... but, not anymore. When I started selling them, my impression was positive, based on good past experiences... but the new models I was selling were all flawed and quality control seemed spotty. Of the brands that we sold (HP, Compaq, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, and I can't remember the others now), Toshiba was the most problematic. I don't think they've cleaned up their act in the 2 years since I've stopped selling electronics.
andro_king
using Apple is great... try mac guys..you will feel the difference..
ujjwalshrestha
I don't agree that Dell is the best computer/laptop. I have used Dell latitude and Sony Vaio and Macbook. I have found Vaio and Macbook far more better performance wise and battery life. If you are talking in term of value for the money, dell's price is very competitive and gives you better value for your money. It depends when you ask which one is the best. Dell definitely has edge when you look at the cost.