FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your favorite audio creation software?

CraigHF
What audio software do you use for creating music or editing sounds?

As for myself, I learned on SoundForge / Vegas by Sony (once upon a time created by Sonic foundry), and I still have a particular love for these software. I also like Cubase Sx3 combined with Reason... pretty awesome as well!
Josso
Production: Renoise
WAV-MP3/Wave editing: Renoise/Audacity
Tuvitor
I mainly use Audacity and have very little experience with anything else.
Radar
Audacity would be the most common one for me. I prefer SoundStudio if I can find it.

Soundtrack Pro is nice, Logic is great. All depending exactly what level of audio editing you're doing.

And if you're talking about editing video at the same time, well that's an entirely different question.
Robert_Redbeard
For years I have used one version or another of Fruity Loops. I currently use FL9 Producers Edition. With most the bells and whistles installed. Easy to use and more powerful than I first thought. I don't do much composing these days. But I did do a song the other day out of the blue.

I also use guitar pro tab software. I can put stuff I tab out on the guitar into it and export it to MIDI for FL9. That way I can experiment with how a melody sounds with differant insterments. Pluss I can use it to break down songs I like and figure out the style.
ankurthakur
CoolEdit is the best I've found. It allows lots of mixing, and so many options to alter audio output and lots of things... It supports various output formats... Cool
gverutes
I like guitartracks from Cakewalk, it's simple and does a decent job for beginner software.
codersfriend
I feel comfortable using Audacity..

Has anyone here tried using AVS Audio Editor?
menino
I love using audacity, sinc eyou can use multiple tracks in it.

I've tried my hand at fruity loops, and Ikind of get lost in it, but now trying out Linux Multimedia Studio, which works in windows also, and seems quite good.
Cooledit is alsoa good software, but I prefer audacity.
codersfriend
I guess audacity is a nice place to start when it comes to audio editing
Bluedoll
I like Audacity. It does what I want an audio editor to do and it is free. I like when software is developed and maintained in this way. It is very cool. Cool
Blummer
Fl Studio (generally for generating some electronic stuff) and sound forge for editing.