FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Service Pack 3 Preview, 100+ hotfixes

cenkaan
This is a 100+ hotfix pack of many of the Windows XP SP3 fixes up for download.

These are fixes that you would have to call Microsoft and get through their support center.

Note: This is simply a zip file with all of the hotfixes in exe format. There is no general installer. You have install all 122 hotfixes individually.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3_Preview_d4754.html
n0obie4life
Right. Install them one by one.

Does anyone have an installer for all of them.
Cerebral Stasis
You COULD wait for SP 3 and then install the fixes in one big chunk.

Hopefully SP 3 doesn't cause the initial problems that SP 2 brought up.
Donutey
Microsoft has said not to install this... you might run into problems later if you try to install the REAL SP3 over this kinda semi-jury rigged one... though i'm still considering trying it... Rolling Eyes
inet
install 122 hotfixes one by one, that's crazy!
win66
Very useful. Pre SP3 can fix many windows XP bugs
bananaphone
srvice pak 3 is comin' out 4 xp
that got me thinkin
how many security holes have been patched this time?? 234/87954 holes
how many "IMPROVEMENTS" have they made? 2 - NEW windows explorer update
- now crashes every 5 mins, uses 400megs more ram, and gives u the blue
screen of death on the hour | -added support for UPnP slots for hackers
to use; imagine that - software that auto responds to hackers and les
them in bypassing the firewall

i feel sorry for windows users
i prefer Sun Microsystems Solaris 10 or Red Hat's Fedora Core 3 (linux)
i'd use them if it wasnt for compatibility issues wiv windows software
o well ~ bak to tackling the blue screen of death! hm... seems to hav
turned green
Sunny
ROFL!!!!!!

Are you telling me Microsoft realsed Service Pack 3 and told the users to install all the files manually. Then gifted to a site to show a preview? without a single word on its site about it. . Even kids can make an installer nowdays.

Actualy they just collected all the hot fixes which are released after sp2 and called them SP3. You can install them using windows update and don't need to click them 1 by 1. however if you have multiple pcs then that site might be useful as you will not have to run windows update for every pc.

SP3 is not out yet, They can only predict that all the hot fixes released after sp3 will be part of it. Right now Ms is concentrating on vista then SP3.

I call this isleading users to increase site traffic.
SoftStag
bananaphone wrote:
how many "IMPROVEMENTS" have they made? 2 - NEW windows explorer update
- now crashes every 5 mins, uses 400megs more ram, and gives u the blue screen of death on the hour

Sounds like you have a hardware problem. I haven't seen a BSOD in XP for 2 years, my PC was last turned off about 6 weeks ago and has been on continuously since. Granted XP has it's problems, but it is now actually quite stable. It is the most stable MS operating system since MSDOS.

I know a lot of people hate MS, but the reality is that they are the only company to make an OS that the majority of PC users can use effectively. Linux still has a long way to go.
win66
cenkaan wrote:
This is a 100+ hotfix pack of many of the Windows XP SP3 fixes up for download.

These are fixes that you would have to call Microsoft and get through their support center.

Note: This is simply a zip file with all of the hotfixes in exe format. There is no general installer. You have install all 122 hotfixes individually.

Thank you for sharing. Some computer is haven't install hotfx have to install as fast as you can.
blu3bird
SoftStag wrote:

Sounds like you have a hardware problem. I haven't seen a BSOD in XP for 2 years, my PC was last turned off about 6 weeks ago and has been on continuously since. Granted XP has it's problems, but it is now actually quite stable. It is the most stable MS operating system since MSDOS.

I know a lot of people hate MS, but the reality is that they are the only company to make an OS that the majority of PC users can use effectively. Linux still has a long way to go.

the reason y most pple uses ms win, is bcos of the software market created for window is generally much bigger compared to other os like linux. I dun really think its superior to other os .
nntien
[From="cenkaan"]This is a 100+ hotfix pack of many of the Windows XP SP3 fixes up for download.

[/From]

Microsoft informs that they have not supplied their products (Windows XP Services Pack 3) yet. They navigate who supplies these products! I think that they will supply it to their customers in Microsoft website in later.

Talk about it!
n0obie4life
nntien, please do not do that but instead use

Code:
[quote="<user>"][/quote]
bananaphone
The hotfix is just something some guy has strung together in 5 mins - its not a real hotfix and it may damage your computer if you install it - its not certified by Microsoft.

DONT INSTALL IT!!
prithvi
An alternative would be to download the Autopatcher from the Microsoft site.
They are installers and come with all the latest fixes included in the pack.

There are regular updates on Autopatcher files.
mars
Donutey wrote:
Microsoft has said not to install this... you might run into problems later if you try to install the REAL SP3 over this kinda semi-jury rigged one... though i'm still considering trying it... Rolling Eyes

where? can you get a URL?
Shirish
please quote all kinds of tweaks available
in sp3

do tell which bugs the y remove

it would be really helpfull

thanks for help
(3rownVito
Are you sure ? its not even on Microsoft.com ! its probably an Illegal Version