FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend me an action-adventure!

Nameless
I'm looking for a good 3D action-adventure game along the lines of the Legend of Zelda (but with less backtracking to collect stuff) or Beyond Good & Evil (but longer and with deeper mechanics). It should be heavy on both action and puzzles, but light on time-consuming exploration or minigames. A plot beyond 'collect the MacGuffins' would be appreciated. Fantasy or light sci-fi is preferred, nothing overly concerned with realism.

Unfortunately I can only play PC games at the moment (though I might be willing to emulate PS1/N64) and anything released within the last 3-4 years is probably out since my laptop is less than super-powered.

Hit me with your best suggestions please! Very Happy
Dementei
The best action-adventure game I have ever played is the Assassin's Creed series, I've only played through them on the PC so if you can run them, then I totally recommend those games. Other than that I also recommend Portal 1 and 2, the Half-life series, The Elder Scrolls series, possibly Grand Theft Auto series, Deus Ex 1 and 2, and L.A. Noire. If you can run any of these, they should be enough to satisfy your thirst.
Ankhanu
Fallout!

One of the best RPG/Action-Adventure series in existence. Fallout 3 and New Vegas will hit your 3D itch too. Great story lines, humour, good mechanics and nice big worlds to explore; lots to find, lots to encounter, and non-linear story lines let you make the game your own.
Dementei
Oh right, totally forgot about Fallout, I recommend those as well.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nameless
... Fallout 1 and 2 are 2D sandbox turn-based RPGs. I started this topic asking for 3D action-adventures without much exploration.

Guys. I don't think you're taking this too seriously. Laughing
loremar
I saw my brother played one with n64 emulator. Forgot the name. It's on our old hard drive and the old PC's already broken. I'll check coolrom if I can remember.

You don't mind the graphics, would you? It's a little bit cartoonish.

No collecting stuffs? That's hard to find along the adventure genre. You might be looking into platform action games.

What about castlevania in n64? Already played that?
More actions, no collecting stuffs. Played it before but got stuck into labyrinth or maze garden.

Here's the link to that game: Castlevania Legacy of Darkness.
http://www.coolrom.com/roms/n64/1164/Castlevania_-_Legacy_of_Darkness.php

loremar
Also, I found this link for you: http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Playstation/Action/Adventure/
Might help. If you find what you want, you can look for a rom emulation.

Just found one in the list:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSX/warriors/
Warriors of Might and Magic:

Link to rom: http://romhustler.net/rom/psx/1225/warriors-of-might-magic-u-slus-01204

Wait are we allowed to post roms here?
Nameless
It's not that I have anything against collectables, it's that some games go overboard in making you tediously backtrack through completed areas just for the sake of that one power-up (or worse, five, so you have to friggin' take notes and check them off) that was in plain sight but you couldn't actually grab until you had upgrade X. I prefer designs that allow you snag everything the first time through if you're careful enough, that way if you do miss something then the walk back later is your fault and still gives you the thrill of discovering the hiding place.
loremar
I think I know what you're talking about. I played devil may cry 4 a few weeks ago and I think I missed a power up from the last mission, the one in the balcony outside the castle. Could not break the statue because I have to grab first that item, that mercury something where you have to pass through lots of obstacles before you can get it. Didn't notice I finished the mission without going back to the balcony.

What's worst is when you missed a key item which I think what happened when I got stuck in castlevania in n64.