FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like your job?

Insanity
I've been talking to some of my friends lately, and she said that none of her friends are working at jobs that they enjoy; instead, they are working at jobs that they hope will just be a transition, that they are only working to keep the bills paid and the food on the table. I started wondering whether or not most people actually have jobs they like. Of course, I realize that this is very subjective, and can range from person to person, but it'll be interesting to see how many people have just settled for a mediocre job simply because it was high-paying or because they got too lazy to start looking for something better.

Hopefully it won't be too depressing. Fire away!
menino
I like my job. I work as a system admin, and although my salary isnt great at all, or that its not a very high position, I enjoy what I do.
james12
Yes I am happy with my job. I like my job. Its my profession.
Nameless
Eh. Speaking as fast food crew, I don't like my job but I don't hate it either - rushing around getting orders ready provides a nice contrast to my lazy morning in front of my laptop, and even washing dishes gives my anxiety-laden mind some relaxation from simple cleaning and organisation. I'm not exactly a highly skilled or charismatic individual, so I don't have too much choice in the matter right now if I don't want to starve. >_>
davidmolk
I like My life. Life have need of money. Job is a place of Money earning. So I like my Job.
johans
I like my Job NOW. I was struggling before with the position and the job i got but when my age rich 30 now i can say i got the job i dream.

Very Happy
pollux1er
I am a PHP freelance developer, and I like my job a lot.
johans
if i dont like my job i usually live my job and find other suitable job which i really need and work comfortably.

We all admit that our job also depends on what we earned. Well, Thats life for. we usually work for money to enjoy life and get what we want and at the same time enjoy our work and talents... for me, I have a total of 17 paid leaves and i did not used it because simply i dont need vacation because i enjoy working.

HAVE A GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE.

Very Happy
pll
I like my job, it's sad if you don't like it, your doing 40 hours a week in a domain that you don't like.
Insanity
That's true, but sometimes you aren't so lucky in life, and you need to pay the bills somehow. That's how a lot of people get sucked into jobs they don't really like. But it seems like a lot of people here are doing internet-related things, and they really like it.
johans
There are also times that you like the job you got but as time goes by your mind change and want something new or want a bigger salary or want a new challenge or you don't like your routine jobs anymore so we want new... i guess this is just a symbol of human being not being contented. what a life and that's live.. Smile
Vanilla
I'm a vet and I really love my job. When I say that I'm a vet, people imagine me surrounded by cats and dogs... Well, I'm not THAT kind of vet. I work with cows, and I'm specialized in animal reproduction. Very Happy
Nameless
Vanilla wrote:
I work with cows, and I'm specialized in animal reproduction.

Now that's a hell of a pick up line.
shivaghimire
I am now working in a travel office. I am very much interested to work in this office and I like my job very much. We sell tickets which have too much scope in my country. It has just been few days I have started to work in this office and I am crazy of my office.
Vanilla
Nameless wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
I work with cows, and I'm specialized in animal reproduction.

Now that's a hell of a pick up line.

Yeah, that would make some very good ones... Imagine that. I'm a girl who's specialized in reproduction. One day this guy asked for a "complete andrologic exame". And I answer that I only deal with the big ones. Yeah, you know, the big animals. Very Happy
menino
johans wrote:
There are also times that you like the job you got but as time goes by your mind change and want something new or want a bigger salary or want a new challenge or you don't like your routine jobs anymore so we want new... i guess this is just a symbol of human being not being contented. what a life and that's live.. Smile

True Johans, when I first started working in a company, I loved it, but after 2 years, the politics started getting to me. The only releif was travelling to other countries about 3 times a year... It was good to get away from the office, but bad that I had a mobile at the time, and I was doing the work of both the current country, and the work of the head office at the time.
After a while, they kind of stopped my travel and asked me to sort it over the phone, after which I quit.
yannpapa
I am teaching and I love it
mukesh
menino wrote:
I like my job. I work as a system admin, and although my salary isnt great at all, or that its not a very high position, I enjoy what I do.

same here I like my job and salary is not very well but like to do and I am happy Smile
therimalaya
I'm working as a computer operator and i think i'm stuck here, so i just hate this job.
portoskt
i work as firefighter, and i like my job a lot... i would never change it
yes! very good!
Hello_World
I just work in an entry level office... but i love it Smile shame it is only a short term Job. i love it because it is new and i am still learning about stuff... i help customers too. the best thing is the people i work with are awesome. in all the retail jobs i worked in, management seems to do their best to keep you self- conscious and depressed, like you aren't even good enough to stack shelves. now i feel great and i never want to working retail again.
Maybe i'll get sick of it sometime. i hope i get sick of it before i have to leave.
It isn't the dream job but i feel like I'm closer than ever.
menino
johans wrote:

Yes Johans, this usually happens a lot. People want more, and are uncontent with what they have.
After a while, of doing the same thing, the job does get a bit boring, and tedious, and frustrating as well, so might as well change the job.
But not all people are lucky to be able to do this change. In a lot of cases, jobs have become much less available now than before, especially with the economy going to its very low in most countries (spearheaded by the US economy).

This happens to me sometimes. I am happy doing my job, and then after a while I realise that I haven't grown in the company, sometimes am treated badly, and sometimes a lot of stress, as well as getting calls at odd hours for work.
But I realise after a bit, that this is what I would rather be doing than doing nothing, or doing something I really don't like at all.... and I'm happy.
Some people are more qualified than me, and can't find a job.
Insanity
I think that if you're working for yourself, you're more likely to be happy with your job. But then again, there are times when you are so swamped with trying to do everything yourself that you go a little crazy. There are a lot of benefits to working for yourself though.
zhybsc
why don't like your job,got another one if you don't like it
welshsteve
I love my job. It's very rewarding, and each day is different and brings with it different challenges.
TheStripePrincess
Most of the time I absolutely hate my job but some nights (like tonight!) it can be okay, which is nice!
When it is okay it's such a surprise that I feel like I'm having a great time! Haha.
Obviously I'm not, because it's work but there we go.
johans
Insanity wrote:
I've been talking to some of my friends lately, and she said that none of her friends are working at jobs that they enjoy; instead, they are working at jobs that they hope will just be a transition, that they are only working to keep the bills paid and the food on the table. I started wondering whether or not most people actually have jobs they like. Of course, I realize that this is very subjective, and can range from person to person, but it'll be interesting to see how many people have just settled for a mediocre job simply because it was high-paying or because they got too lazy to start looking for something better.

Hopefully it won't be too depressing. Fire away!

Its true, if you are 4 years or more in the company you started inlove with the company and you are tired of looking more or exploring more... its hard to find a new job and prove you self again what you can do with the company...
but for me, i am an opportunist if i saw more salary offered i just transferred right away with out thinking and so far nothing relax compared to my company than other i experience.
GuidanceReader
The job that I thought would be my 'transition' job (cashier at KFC) I enjoyed more than the job I spent 4 years at uni gaining qualifications for (Teaching). Currently I am a stay at home mother and love this job (doesn't pay enough though). I am hoping that my hobby takes off and becomes my full time work though, then I'll be doing something I love.
pieceoflemon
I like my job. I work in a school and each day is different. My colleagues are very funny. Pleasure everyday!
Navigator
As a programmer, it feels good to see people using something you wrote, but to be honest, I'd rather be doing something else.
samanyolu077
I'm doctor.I love my job Very Happy Very Happy
rogue_skydragon
Nope, I hate my job. To quote Clive Owen in Children of Men, "I wake up, feel like shit. Go to work, feel like shit."
chartcentral
Yes, I like my job. Smile
D'Artagnan
i love my job as a webdeveloper
leandros21
I am student in university and this summer i start working in a hotel as a pool attendant.
Really disgusting job
zimmer
there are times that you like your job and there are times you feel so tired with day to day routine.. this is just to remind us that we are human...

I am working with a company before after two years i am so tired i need new environment and ofcourse with a high package of salary.. we simply work to earn and to live...
Insanity
That's a good point. I'm sure we all like certain aspects of our jobs.
Navigator
To be honest, I would rather be fishing than in front of a PC the whole day, MY EYES! MY EYES!
codemaster
I love my job as a Webmaster and Designer. I get work with lots of people. My clients and we always get along and have fun. I make a lot of friends during the hours of my job. It's what I love to do every since I was a kid. I get lots of money and I get work from home and spend time with my family. My kids are now wanting to do what I do when they grow up. See, What I do is make websites and designs. And who knows one site I build may be on top one day.
kmr_mukund
i dont like my job.because i am a student and my job is to do study.very few human like study.but i do it because it's my compulsion.
Insanity
Well, a lot of people would like studying. I think researching is basically studying, but learning about things that are new.
bijit
Jobs dont always give us pleasure or fun..its a way to earn the living for us..
But a satisfying job can really make us work better and love our work..
I like my job Smile
mshafiq
Although my job is good but i am not satisfy with my job because it is not my dream job.it is not my level job.what i can do i am not doing right now.but still i am looking for my dream job,i hope so i will get one day very soon