FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Draft Feature in Messsages?

deanhills
Was just wondering whether it is possible to have a Draft feature in the messages section? Or is it only available in more up to date versions of phpBB?
SonLight
<offtopic>
Dig your new avatar and sig. Courtesy of the caving discussion, I suppose.
</offtopic>

Since these only go to one person, fancy formatting and even careful quoting should seldom be required. Of course it would still be a worthwhile feature, but not of high priority I should think.

This gives me an idea that a plugin or some other mechanism could be built to prepare posts/messages on any site, or parameterized for specific sites. Usually we could prepare nicer posts by using an editor, but it's easy to be lazy and just start typing into the box. Somehow a mechanism that makes it real easy to start up the edit, so that it becomes a habit, and tailor it to the specific site.
deanhills
SonLight wrote:
<offtopic>
Dig your new avatar and sig. Courtesy of the caving discussion, I suppose.
</offtopic>

Thanks! And right on - I was thinking of the caving discussion.

SonLight wrote:
Since these only go to one person, fancy formatting and even careful quoting should seldom be required. Of course it would still be a worthwhile feature, but not of high priority I should think.

This gives me an idea that a plugin or some other mechanism could be built to prepare posts/messages on any site, or parameterized for specific sites. Usually we could prepare nicer posts by using an editor, but it's easy to be lazy and just start typing into the box. Somehow a mechanism that makes it real easy to start up the edit, so that it becomes a habit, and tailor it to the specific site.
Very Happy
I'm thinking specifically of PM's only. I like to store some of my valuable information such as cPanel Passwords in a separate folder. And the DRAFT section in a Message Box is usually good for me for that purpose.