FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HAPPY EASTER

Nameless
Guuuuuuuuuuys! I can't believe it's only 136 more days until Easter! Have you started picking out your egg hiding places yet?
Ankhanu
I laughed just seeing the thread title and noting that it wasn't thread necromancy Razz
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
Have you started picking out your egg hiding places yet?

Way ahead of ya. I've already got them hidden!
Radar
This is scary to me, because I would believe that some people are seriously thinking like this, from a marketing point of view.
Nameless
Radar wrote:
This is scary to me, because I would believe that some people are seriously thinking like this, from a marketing point of view.

How is that any scarier than a clothing manufacturer planning ahead for their next Summer/Winter clothing line?
standready
Nameless wrote:

How is that any scarier than a clothing manufacturer planning ahead for their next Summer/Winter clothing line?

They must think ahead to plan, design and manufacture those products to be on store shelves when you need them.

to OP: I can't even consider thinking about Easter until after Christmas.
Nameless
I'm pretty sure there are factories dedicated to just churning out chocolate eggs all year round for the huge sales and profits come Easter. [Citation Needed]
ocalhoun
Nameless wrote:
I'm pretty sure there are factories dedicated to just churning out chocolate eggs all year round for the huge sales and profits come Easter. [Citation Needed]

Definitely citation needed.
At least some types have expiration dates less than a year.

Personally, I suspect there are factories churning out chocolates all year long, but that many of them will re-tool the factory on a seasonal basis.
deanhills
Well I'm sure the Canadians have that sorted out, as usually they buy up the bulk of seasonal candy, such as Easter Eggs or Halloween fare at a trifle of the price after Easter time, and then freeze those. So technically they may be available year round, except Cadbury's supply date is limited from 1st of January to after Easter.

I'm sure I've seen those around here right now, so will check up tonight in my local super market whether they are available. If they are, then we at least know they may not be that fresh.
Very Happy
Nameless
Found one. It's not all year, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page Cadbury in Australia apparently produces Easter Eggs for eight months of the year to cater to demand. http://www.cadbury.com.au/about-chocolate/the-story-of-easter-and-easter-eggs.aspx