FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christmas wishes... what's yours?

The_unnamed_label
Right... I think it's far too early to even think of it... unless you have something very specific in mind...

But I just saw on here someone getting very VERY excited over the idea of be at that time of the year again...

So I wonder... what would you want?? if there was one thing you could get for Christmas??

If there was some kind of magic device that could grant one of your wishes... what would it be?
Peterssidan
-20 C and no snow
Josso
My wish is for all subsequent years it is illegal to mention christmas until december.

Apart from that 4 or 5 minecraft accounts.
The_unnamed_label
Peterssidan wrote:
-20 C and no snow

HAHA.... well I think that's totally doable...
you just gotta fly to the right place.... and now with the Thomas Cook problem... bet you can get fairly cheap prices Wink

your wish has been granted!
The_unnamed_label
Josso wrote:
My wish is for all subsequent years it is illegal to mention christmas until december.

Yeah I agree with that really.... well maybe not illegal.... I wouldnt wanna get fined for posting a topic too early on here Wink
Nameless
Josso wrote:

... so you can safely be banned for griefing 3 or 4 times, presumably?
Josso
Nameless wrote:
Josso wrote:

... so you can safely be banned for griefing 3 or 4 times, presumably?

LOL, yeah that did sound a little bit suspicious. What I mean really is so I can give accounts to all my mates - they'd never buy copies themselves and I want to start a lil' 24/7 private server for my immediate friends. That's if I even can buy them from this IP - an acquaintance of mine who lives near me managed to get the entire exchange banned from doing a bit more than just griefing...
menino
My Christmas wish is joy and peace to all for all time.
deanhills
menino wrote:
Ditto Menino. Hopefully people will take time out from wars and spend some quality family time with one another.
Josso
deanhills wrote:
menino wrote:
Ditto Menino. Hopefully people will take time out from wars and spend some quality family time with one another.

Well thats what its really about at the end of the day - putting consumerism happily to one side for a moment.
missdixy
Mehhh, maybe it IS too early, but for the first time in a long time there's not really anything that i find myself really WANTING this year. Not for me personally, anyway. I guess technically it would be nice to have a dining set (table, chairs, etc) and not have to eat on the coffee table or on my computer desk, but that's not really something that I want for ME personally, more for my apartment in general.

I guess if anything, I wish for Amazon gift cards to buy more kindle books with!

Razz
standready
menino wrote:

I agree!
Seems Christmas has lost it's true meaning. Now, Christmas is about wanting 'things', getting 'things' you don't want. Spending money on thoughtless 'gifts' for others because you 'have' too.
I know - humbug! Happy New Year! laugh
Ryox
My Christmas Wish, Uhm.. I "Want" Alot of stuff but the one I really wish I had is to have my girl next to me forever but that won't ever happen unfortunately :'( Someday, but I know it won't be for Christmas LOL

That's the only thing that I want, My Needs i need are the regular things you always get for Christmas, clothes etc
megsomean2011
I agree with the consumerism aspect during the holidays and Christamastime. I feel bad for families who don't have the money at Christmas and have that pressure that they need to outdo other people, keep up with other peoples' parents, or get as much as last year when they may not have the money. They still want to make their kids happy though and for them to have "the trendy clothes" because its rough in school these days.

I wouldnt mind some peacefulness, time with family, and snow!
habbo-beta2012
My wish is that my family stays healthy and happy, I also hope for peace. But with the war in Iran going on, there's not much hope left.
Hello_World
I wish that my in-laws neighbour comes over again, who is a Queen (Freddy Mercury) impersonator and livens up the party LOL we had the best party ever last year.

I wish for a nice sunny day but not too hot, with a balmy evening.

I wish that it snows in British Columbia so my sister can experience a white Christmas and that she finds some great people to have Christmas with.

I wish that my Aunt doesn't say anything all day that gets my partner angry (least likely wish lol).

I wish that we would give up on presents entirely, for adults. I don't like either getting or receiving presents for/from adults, I'd rather we all just went out and bought ourselves something that we actually wanted, or just bought for the kids.

One wish has already come true... I asked my niece what she wanted, and she said... "Nothing. I already have enough stuff." LOL she is FOUR. And more mature than the MAJORITY of everyone!!!!!!!
The_unnamed_label
Hello_World wrote:

One wish has already come true... I asked my niece what she wanted, and she said... "Nothing. I already have enough stuff." LOL she is FOUR. And more mature than the MAJORITY of everyone!!!!!!!

That's super sweet....
Nowadays kids have a lot of stuff indeed though... when I see my nieces, Im always wowed by the amount of things they get all the time....
The_unnamed_label
I agree with what has been said about consumerism...
And about peace.... and Happiness....

For Christmas... I don't want anything but to be able to see my grandma once more...

And to have the chance tell my love all the things I wish to tell him..

I want happiness...

AND I do not want to stay blocked in airports like last year!!! (now that's very materialistic but it really wasn't pleasant last year!)
chasbeen
A different colour of the socks I get. I have had to start making cushions out of the extra ones I have stock piled. However, if I got a pair that was not white or black I would show them more respect.
Nameless
chasbeen wrote:
A different colour of the socks I get. I have had to start making cushions out of the extra ones I have stock piled. However, if I got a pair that was not white or black I would show them more respect.

Protip: Combine the white sock and black sock items in the washer to forge two grey socks that can be equipped with anything!
Ankhanu
I have no material wishes for Christmas; anything I want that I don't have now is too expensive to consider other people buying for me.

I find wishes like "world peace" and the like trite and a little vacuous, as it's entirely unrealistic... and hope and wishing has little to do with it possibly occurring (maybe I have a touch of cynic in me).

So, I suppose my wish is for something that can happen: a quiet, peaceful family gathering with little to no drama, and general contented happiness.
Nameless
Ankhanu wrote:
So, I suppose my wish is for something that can happen: a quiet, peaceful family gathering with little to no drama, and general contented happiness.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. Cool
Ankhanu
Nameless wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. Cool

Gotta savour the little victories.
loremar
I wish people's happiness. Merry Xmas everyone. Smile

Quote:
If there was some kind of magic device that could grant one of your wishes... what would it be?

Magic lamp.
The_unnamed_label
loremar wrote:

Quote:

Magic lamp.

HAHA!!!! I meant what would be your wish.... but good one
loremar
The_unnamed_label wrote:
loremar wrote:

Quote:

Magic lamp.

I wish I have a magic lamp. Razz
alvarorojas4
I want a new iPod touch, mine's is old Sad Sad
The_unnamed_label
loremar wrote:
The_unnamed_label wrote:
loremar wrote:

Quote:

Magic lamp.

I wish I have a magic lamp. Razz

That's clever.. it's only 3 wishes though no?
loremar
The_unnamed_label wrote:

That's clever.. it's only 3 wishes though no?

I'll wish for another magic lamp. Wink
Ok, it's against the rules to wish for more wishes or more genies.
So my final wish would be to give me a very very super smart computer so I can ask him anything about the entire universe. Then I'll ask him where I can find more magic lamp or much better, how to create a magic lamp. How's that? Very Happy LOL
missdixy
Nameless wrote:
chasbeen wrote:

Protip: Combine the white sock and black sock items in the washer to forge two grey socks that can be equipped with anything!

Lol. Is that what you do nameless??? haha. Now tell me, is there a way to make pink socks this way too????????? Confused i want pink!
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
Nameless wrote:
chasbeen wrote:

Lol. Is that what you do nameless??? haha. Now tell me, is there a way to make pink socks this way too????????? Confused i want pink!
Ha! That should be easy. Mix white and red socks in the washer ..... wonder how many people own a pair of red socks however ..... Twisted Evil
missdixy
deanhills wrote:
missdixy wrote:
Nameless wrote:
chasbeen wrote:

Ha! That should be easy. Mix white and red socks in the washer ..... wonder how many people own a pair of red socks however ..... Twisted Evil

That is exactly my problem -- the red socks (or lackthereof!) Sad
Nighthawk360
Peterssidan wrote:
-20 C and no snow

As if we haven't had snow where I live..I mean its almost the middle of December and NO SNOW!

I'm sure last November it was snowing - weird hey?

Then again people will complain whether or not they have snow!!
deanhills
OK my Xmas wish is for Bondings to start a Let's be more active ... official thread with plenty of plans for 2012 (like he did in 2008):
Bondings wrote:
As you probably all noticed, I haven't been very active lately on the forums. I did of course still spend a lot of time behind the scenes.

I didn't respond (yet) to a lot of threads and pm's. I did read quite a lot of them. I will probably not be able to respond to all of them, especially since a lot of stuff is outdated. If you still have a unresolved problem, just contact me again (forums or pm).

I will most likely start preparing Server 3 in a week or a bit more. Server 3 has DirectAdmin and this website is hosted on it. But that is only interesting for new members, I guess.

I'll be trying to spend more time (visually, I mean posting publicly like on this blog) on Frihost from now on. Very Happy
Greatking
i would wish that the world would be at peace.
the people would love each other.
that people would give their lives away and be selfless in service to God and man.
i would wish that all would be well with everybody i know and love.