FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Cool Stats Page

deanhills
I just landed by accident at a Website that provides detailed stats of Frihost.

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.frihost.com

I already knew that Frihost had a page ranking of 4/10 and that its servers are located somewhere in the US. Tonight I learned that the servers are located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, there is even a map showing exactly where it is located. Looks like a great environment. So Blaster's thread about Pennsylvania Guys has to be right on. I wonder - if one is as close as Blaster to where the Frihost Servers are, whether he would be able to navigate the pages faster than someone in Europe for example? Very Happy

Anyway, here are some interesting factoids about Frihost:
Frihost.com has a No. 18,247 traffic rank in the world by Alexa. It has 60,283 pageviews per day and makes USD 182.85 daily. It has 122,075 backlinks according to Yahoo. I don't know how they calculate it but Frihost's estimated worth is USD 133,480.5 according to http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.frihost.com.

The most interesting fact is that the greatest number of visitors are from India at 22%. United States is second at 15.8%, Brazil third at 4.8%, the UK fourth at 4.8% and Poland fifth at 2.7%. Netherlands is No. 9 at 2.3% and Belgium No. 34 at 0.5%. Russia is listed no. 7 at 2.5% and Iran is listed No. 10 after Canada. Those guys in Iran must be heavy users of the Internet.

Great fun to check out the LIVE international map of all of the visitors who are viewing Frihost at any given minute of time. I can imagine it changing according to the time zones as well.
http://www.mapmyuser.com/site/websiteoutlook.com
The greatest number of users online right now are from the US and the Russian Federation.
Peterssidan
These are just estimates, and how many people have Alexa Toolbar installed? I wouldn't be surprised if the truth is completely different.
Vanilla
I don't know if that's the true about Frihost, but at least is cool to know more about it. Very Happy As for the countries, I think it might be right. I'm one of the brazilians visitors.
deanhills
I agree. I'm not a geek, but would you have a tool where you could check out scripts on the Live Map? As when you check some of the links against the people who are visiting the Website, some come up with Strange Websites. For example, I'm the only person from the UAE (if the listing is accurate), and even if I wanted to, no way would I be able to view the Website that was listed as being visited by the person from the UAE as Websites like those are blocked here.

Also, figures from the US could be distorted when people from elsewhere in the world are using proxy and VPN accounts.

I'm disappointed, as on the face of it, it looked like a great Website. Maybe not really the case.
Very Happy
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
I don't know if that's the true about Frihost, but at least is cool to know more about it. Very Happy As for the countries, I think it might be right. I'm one of the brazilians visitors.
Exactly, and Da Rossa is also from Brazilia. Right on!
Very Happy
Josso
I just checked my site on that and it's only worth $150 lol

deanhills wrote:
The most interesting fact is that the greatest number of visitors are from India at 22%. United States is second at 15.8%, Brazil third at 4.8%, the UK fourth at 4.8% and Poland fifth at 2.7%. Netherlands is No. 9 at 2.3% and Belgium No. 34 at 0.5%. Russia is listed no. 7 at 2.5% and Iran is listed No. 10 after Canada. Those guys in Iran must be heavy users of the Internet.

According to my server stats I get more users from Japan than anywhere else, my guess is they like their electronic music weird. Also how many of those people stats are crawlers etc I wonder..
Asap170
How in the world is it worth $133,000 if this is a free hosting site....I could see if you had a paid hosting option and stuff and packages, but for free hosting I am not to sure how accurate those details are.
watersoul
Asap170 wrote:
How in the world is it worth $133,000 if this is a free hosting site....I could see if you had a paid hosting option and stuff and packages, but for free hosting I am not to sure how accurate those details are.
It would appear that this is how they reached the figure:

deanhills wrote:
[...] and makes USD 182.85 daily.
$182.85 X 365 = $66740.25

$66740.25 X 2 = $133480.50
standready
deanhills wrote:
makes USD 182.85 daily.

From the few ads that are on the site? If so, fantastic! I do look at them.
truespeed
I have seen on a few webmaster forums that the basic valuation of a site is 3 x yearly earnings,so that valuation i think wouldn't be too far off considering the amount of traffic frihost gets and the type of ads that would get clicked on.

If i was Bondings and i could find a buyer i would sell. Smile
deanhills
I'm beginning to like the idea of this. The servers are situated at a respectable distance from home, so one probably only has to monitor them by logging in a few times in the day. And get the right Moderator and Technical team to assist with the running of things.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
It has 60,283 pageviews per day

I would think frih gets more page views than that,my site gets 80.000 average page views daily according to my stats,frihost has a lot more people online at any given moment than my site.

deanhills wrote:
Great fun to check out the LIVE international map of all of the visitors who are viewing Frihost at any given minute of time. .

I don't think thats a live map,just a map of the percentages of vistors shown in map format.

For anyone who has google analytics,google now does real time stats,shows all your visitors currently online,where in the world they are from and what search terms they used to find you,plus other useful information.

Screencap of part of my stats as of five minutes ago.

deanhills
%Truespeed. How is it possible that all of the countries in the print screen have the exact same percentage? Except for UK, but I presume you made the print-out from the UK? Sort of does not computer I think. Question
truespeed
At the time of capping there were 26 people online,19 from the UK,the rest single people from 7 other countries,hence the relative percentages.
deanhills
I think compared with the Google Analytics, the mymapuser makes more sense. Most people in the UK are either still asleep or scrambling for work. People in the US now have night time and are more likely to be browsing the Internet.

http://www.mapmyuser.com/site/websiteoutlook.com
truespeed
I don't even know what that mapmyuser is supposed to do,google analytics is accurate,and the real time stats are accurate to the second,as its happening.

Just to point out as it may not of been obvious,that map is for MY site not frihost.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
I don't even know what that mapmyuser is supposed to do,google analytics is accurate,and the real time stats are accurate to the second,as its happening.

Just to point out as it may not of been obvious,that map is for MY site not frihost.
I realize that. Of course .... Twisted Evil

You gotta go back to the www.websiteoutlook.com page, type in www.frihost.com, and once that is up, then click on the tab on the right hand side that will take you through to mapmyuser. Right in the top right side of the mapmyuser page it gives you the people who are checking Frihost and it is live, updates as you are looking at it. They are of course not all posting at Frihost, most of them are visitors. But the breakdown of those stats looked more realistic to me.
truespeed
How would they know.how could they have live stats to frihost? The only reason google analytics can do it is because i place their code in my site,how can a site unconnected with another claim to have live stats for it?
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
How would they know.how could they have live stats to frihost? The only reason google analytics can do it is because i place their code in my site,how can a site unconnected with another claim to have live stats for it?
Oops, you're right. Just checked and you are right of course. The visitors to mymapuser page are only ones who are visiting websiteoutlook.com. One has to install a widget first for logical reasons.
jmlworld
truespeed wrote:
I don't even know what that mapmyuser is supposed to do, google analytics is accurate,and the real time stats are accurate to the second,as its happening.

Just to point out as it may not of been obvious, that map is for MY site not frihost.

I agree with Truespeed. Google Analytics is accurate and they've recently added that awesome feature which tracks real-time online users. MapMyUser uses a third party API as it seems and I'm not sure how they would manage to capture real-time activity on a website without having tracker code (or tracker image) placed on that site.

The thing I love about Google Analytics is that you're free to create your own sets of custom variables to track certain interactions on a page, like what buttons/links customers/visitors click on a site (e.g. Add to Cart or Donate buttons).

--

deanhills wrote:

Wow! Indians, probably they've got this higher percentage, because India is the second most populous country and they're more adventurous than the other Asians. China would beat them in the numbers, but they have their own clone of everything Internet (Twitter, Facebook, etc... so you don't see them on English sites that often).

I'm not sure about Iran though. Maybe because most of the social networking sites were blocked by their government, they've got more time to kill on forums (just my pointless guess Razz ).

deanhills wrote:
[...] no way would I be able to view the Website that was listed as being visited by the person from the UAE as Websites like those are blocked here.

Oh God! Do they still block everything there? Do you use Etisalat there? I heard they once installed undercover software on client Blackberry phones and it was discovered later they were spying for the government.
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
Wow! Indians, probably they've got this higher percentage, because India is the second most populous country and they're more adventurous than the other Asians. China would beat them in the numbers, but they have their own clone of everything Internet (Twitter, Facebook, etc... so you don't see them on English sites that often).
Absolutely what I thought as well.

Quote:
I'm not sure about Iran though. Maybe because most of the social networking sites were blocked by their government, they've got more time to kill on forums (just my pointless guess Razz ).
My take on it too.

deanhills wrote:
Oh God! Do they still block everything there? Do you use Etisalat there? I heard they once installed undercover software on client Blackberry phones and it was discovered later they were spying for the government.
Right. At one stage even www.art.com was blocked here, but I'm thankful it's up and running again. And then of course there are things like Skype that gets blocked too, so people have to register outside the country to get to it. It's blocked of course for business reasons as Etisalat does not have much competition around here. You're right about Blackberry, except I have not heard anything about undercover software. I don't think they need undercover anything here. I don't know how they do it, but there is a very out in the open rule and legislation that allows the Government/Etisalat to check through messages. Particular ones that start rumours that may lead to unrest.
Smile
Blaster
Ever watch the show The Office? That takes place in Scranton PA. Just a tid bit of information for ya. And Scranton is about 2 hours away from me.

Other than that I have nothing else to add to this thread
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Ever watch the show The Office? That takes place in Scranton PA. Just a tid bit of information for ya. And Scranton is about 2 hours away from me.

Other than that I have nothing else to add to this thread
I still have not heard whether if you live that close to where the server is whether your reception would be faster than Bondings' would be in Belgium? The closer to the hub, the faster the access? Question
Blaster
I honestly don't know if it would make a difference. I doubt it.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
I still have not heard whether if you live that close to where the server is whether your reception would be faster than Bondings' would be in Belgium? The closer to the hub, the faster the access? Question

Faster, not necessarily, not by the normal standard... Bandwidth would be mainly independent of distance (until you start talking about really huge speeds, anyway).
But it would probably be lower-latency.
deanhills
Actually nice to think one could visit the servers just around the block from where one lives! Sort of have a chat with them and pat them on the head:"Hello Frihost - nice to see you .... hey Server 4, what's up with you .... why have you been down so much lately, another Website up to mischief ..... who is that critter so I can kick his merry butt" he he ...
Twisted Evil
Blaster
I could also pull the cord....
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Laughing Now there's a thought ..... I'd imagine that there would be plenty of security around though?
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Laughing Now there's a thought ..... I'd imagine that there would be plenty of security around though?

Probably not... Its not like its hosting secret files for the FBI or anything...
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Probably not... Its not like its hosting secret files for the FBI or anything...
Now this is pretty ironic. Plenty of cyber security on those servers, but physically completely accessible and no security. I have to go check those out if I'm ever in the US again! Very Happy
Blaster
If you know what you are doing then you can shut the power off to any place fairly easily.