FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you can go back in time where would you go?

baboosaa
If you can go back in time where would you like to land your feet on? I would like to go in dinosaurs era. It would be crazy to be the most developed creature in animal kingdom and they would not even know it. I could also explore the big coniferous forest in that era.
Josso
Not so far back that there was an annoying lack of technology.

Probably 88 - all the good electronic music just coming out, could make some tracks and actually get signed, proper raves still about, get in just before the WWW - buy out some insanely profitable domains like chair.com, diamond.com etc etc a few years later. With the knowledge of the way the 90s turned out in various ways I could make myself a very rich man and enjoy good music in clubs/parties at the same time. Follow trends before they even happen.
Hello_World
Oh I would so love the 60's. I would so run off with the hippies.

The 60's was such a great era, you could just walk in and get a job somewhere, there was a feeling of hope for change for the better, not this eternal apathy and cynicism we have...

The 60's were really alive.

I would miss the technology though. And I'd find dinosaurs far too scary lol.
tingkagol
Even a trip not too far would be okay. Say, the late 80s / 90s. I'd then 'write' and record every hit song by all of my favorite artists and beat Michael Jackson as the world's most famous musician/entertainer.

I'd also bring a current-generation tech like a laptop & cellphone and show it to anyone who thinks they're so cool with their extremely expensive and bulky cellphones and 386 computers. Basically any tech that would make them go "wow". lol

I'd also visit the arcade at the height of the Street Fighter 2 craze and just sit in the corner with a big lcd TV playing BF3 or GTA or COD and laugh at their low-fi game sprites, etc....
Navigator
Hello_World wrote:
Oh I would so love the 60's. I would so run off with the hippies.

The 60's was such a great era, you could just walk in and get a job somewhere, there was a feeling of hope for change for the better, not this eternal apathy and cynicism we have...

The 60's were really alive.

I would miss the technology though. And I'd find dinosaurs far too scary lol.

Look at this interesting view on the 60s

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr93.html
suitza
I'd like to go to japan in 1800. I would like to see how people lived in there. It's very interesting time. All the samurai people etc... Smile
ankurthakur
I would like to go back to my childhood so that I can resolve the things, which I missed or could not do...
Bluedoll
1950 then live out my life. Knowing what was going to happen would be good. To know would be cool then you could go after what you like and know what to avoid! I like the music and there would be things to look forward to still way into the future like landing on the moon. Smile
cnitolo
i´d like to go to the end of the 70s and begin of the 80s in England or USA to enjoy the best era of rock´n roll!
nevelis
I would like to go back, just for a day, some years ago and save someone I love from cancer. Crying or Very sad
menino
I would love to visit the dinosaurs, as they have really fascinated me and that is something we will never get back, but would want to get back to this time soon, as I don't think I would be able to survive there for too long. I would probably be eaten or get sick from who-knows-what kind of diseases.

Each generation has its time for enjoyment.
In todays generation, we are filled with the internet, which is a global village, and am sure these things will be missed if you do happen to go back into the past.

As much as there are problems today, there are still things we enjoy with the current generation that I don't think we would in the previous generation.
I enjoyed the 80's and the 90's, especially the music and the generation, and I also enjoy the current time I have with my friends and family. If I do want to go back in time, I either play music of that time, or remember the good times I had in those days, and then come back to reality and make the best of what I have today (unless I'm sick, which I was since last 2 weeks). Laughing
nigam
i like to go back to my childhood years where i no worry what's happening now a days...all i know when i was a kid was to eat and play....sometimes, it nice to reminisce our childhood life.....
IceCreamTruck
I never wanted to go back... just forward. There are a lot of cool technologies that I will never see fully mature that are out there now. Sure, technology is accelerating, but I still feel that I see my end before the human race really gets a grip on technology and good change comes. I still feel like we live in the dark ages, because we don't care for one another yet. If someone is hurt, most people now walk buy... at least they've started to have feelings of "I'm glad it's not me" because this is the doorway of sympathy to a greater human kindness, because you have to imagine yourself in their shoes before you can imagine helping them, but we have long way to go before people start getting less resentful of how mean people can be. Right now we have wars because no one will help anyone else... we are still attacking our differences instead of embracing them.
busaboss
If ever given the chance, I want to go back to the time when dinosaurs lived. But that is if they are real. There are a lot of amazing stories about this amazing creature and for me it would be really nice to see the big creatures in action.
IceCreamTruck
busaboss wrote:
the big creatures in action

This would get really old really quick. There would be no place to hide. We are ill-suited for even the observation of Dinosaurs in natural habitat. If the Dino's didn't get you then the 2 pound mosquitoes certainly would! Not to mention bacteria, or virus infection.

Sure, I can see the excitement, but that would fade into shear horror! Twisted Evil

EDIT: I admit there probably weren't ever two pound mosquitoes, but there were HUGE centipedes and spiders. I personally don't think you'd live long enough for the Dinoes to eat you!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
.. we are still attacking our differences instead of embracing them.
Well said. Also we seem to be focused more on one another instead of sorting ourselves out first. I'd think if people were more focused on making peace with themselves instead of the world on their own terms, we may have made some progress. One step forwards. Smile
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Well said. Also we seem to be focused more on one another instead of sorting ourselves out first. I'd think if people were more focused on making peace with themselves instead of the world on their own terms, we may have made some progress. One step forwards. Smile

But I'm not the problem (stamps foot) I am not the one (pulls hair) acting like a child (cries and rolls around for alittle while)

- a little while later -

... So, you were saying about self improvement? Where do I sign up?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

But I'm not the problem (stamps foot) I am not the one (pulls hair) acting like a child (cries and rolls around for alittle while)

- a little while later -

... So, you were saying about self improvement? Where do I sign up?
Laughing Good one .....

fuzzkaizer
straigth back to paradise! Very Happy
gandalfthegrey
Tough choice...

I'd probably stop off in the 1920s New York and attend a party with Flappers, before visiting New York beatnik scene in the 1950s, I'd then attend University of California at Berkeley in the 1960s and attend the historic Democratic Party Convention in Chicago and visit Paris in May 1968. In the mid-late 1970s, I'd visit London and the emerging punk scene. In the 1980s, I'd be back in New York and part of the new wave scene (which I grew up with, unfortunately, as a young teenager and not in New York). In the 1990s, I'd live in Portland or Seattle and be part of the grunge/punk scenes.
beatbox0792
If I cant go back in time, I will learning English harder
My English is realy bad, I realy tired when I learning English
beatbox0792
If you can go back in time where would you like to land your feet on? I would like to go in dinosaurs era. It would be crazy to be the most developed creature in animal kingdom and they would not even know it. I could also explore the big coniferous forest in that era
catalina_udara
I would go back at the day my ex-gf was born. I would do anything to stop it!
her mom has born a monster, obsessed of money ... terrible !!! I would try to abolish this day.
why did she do that? why they did not have an abortion?
busman
I would love to be about 35 to 50 right now, considering i LOVE heavy metal and would be able to see Black Sabbath in their prime but still be able to respect the likes of Cannibal Corpse but be able to hate on all the weanie wanna-be's haha. Other than musically i would love to go back to the 1890's Paris and do art... I always fanatisized about being able to do art with the greats Very Happy
hakaner
I just would like to go back to last week (to fill the lotto numbers. Very Happy )
loremar
hakaner wrote:
I just would like to go back to last week (to fill the lotto numbers. Very Happy )

The lotto results will change. You can't fight temporal paradox! Laughing
hakaner
loremar wrote:
hakaner wrote:

The lotto results will change. You can't fight temporal paradox! Laughing

ahhh.. life should not be so difficult Very Happy
HAL9000
The 14th of April 1864. My least favourite day in history. I would insult everyone relelntlessly and mock them for being part of this travesty then return to my own time feeling much better.
zaxacongrejo
back home at andromeda galaxy hahaha
slimviking
ankurthakur wrote:
I would like to go back to my childhood so that I can resolve the things, which I missed or could not do...

we all want to do the same thing Embarassed
zaxacongrejo
hmm i would go to 1880
GuidanceReader
There are two places/times I'd like to travel to.

The first, Ancient Egypt. Probably during the reign of Ramses II. Just because I am infatuated with that time.

The second, some time about 40 000 years or so ago, wherever most of the human species might be hanging out just to see how they actually lived and what they actually ate... just to check that my husband and I are doing what we think is right with our diet.
testsoc
I'd do a grand tour, with 4-5 stops I think.

- Ancient Rome during the Republic era, maybe 70-80 BCE

- China during the late Han Dynasty, 150-200 ACE

- Baghdad during the Islamic Golden Age of the Abbasid Caliphate, ~800 ACE

- Paris during the Enlightenment, maybe 1740-1750 ACE

- The USA during the post-war boom in the 1950s.

They would be short trips of course, then I'd want to come back to my technology Razz
LxGoodies
I love time travelling Razz
LxGoodies
I'd like to return to yesterday several times a week, to be able to finish what I planned to do

(and for a holyday a few of the above mensioned bij testsoc.. Very Happy )

Lx
LxGoodies
..or return to a previous post editor, to change the text and prevent the "Last edited" line to appear Twisted Evil

..or return to the time I put my very first submit in the entire topic and change it, to see how answers have changed after my return to the present

Lx
jajarvin
I go back to my childhood.
jajarvin
I'd like to go to USA in year 1957. I'd like to see Elvis' live show.
zaxacongrejo
if you saw one of the alst elvis shows you will be unhappy
bennybumkins
Back to the early 80's to hang out with my favourite band The Smiths!
Peterssidan
There are two possibilities for me that I'm not sure which one I would choose.

Either I do something similar to what Josso said. Go back in time and get rich. This needs some serious planning though.

Or I go back to a time when there was no Humans but not as far back as the dinosaurs.
RosenCruz
So much times and places to see. A very hard question to pick an answer Confused
johans
baboosaa wrote:
If you can go back in time where would you like to land your feet on? I would like to go in dinosaurs era. It would be crazy to be the most developed creature in animal kingdom and they would not even know it. I could also explore the big coniferous forest in that era.

there are a lot in my mind..but the best on mind now is explore more when i am younger
codegeek
I would go back to the Middle Ages. I have read a few articles and those times don't really seem to be as bad as the movies depict them to be. Apparently it was a great time to just work and enjoy life without much worries. 8 hours of work in the farm, the state paid you well. You could also opt to join the church and become educated. There were very few educated people, so the opportunities were great. Or maybe I am being too naive and it was a really horrible time to live. In any case, we'll see when we get there, right?
welshsteve
A few here.

Ancient Egypt so I could see for myself just what the civilisation was really like, as everything people "think" they know about that time is just speculation in all honesty.

Would love to see real dinosaurs so anytime during their reign, in particular the time of the t-rex etc
jajathanja
I would go back to when it was Paradise on Earth and I did have to answer you this silly question by typing it out word for word on a device called the laptop only for you to received at some time or later for your silliness.... ok?
jajarvin
I just would like to go back to the hot summer 1967.

The Doors is playing "Light my fire" and the living is easy.
limpands
To the start of the world
zimmer
jajarvin wrote:
I go back to my childhood.

I think i am also in favor on this opinion. Very Happy
the_emissary
I'd make note of the things that I have done in life which I wish I had done otherwise and go back in the past and give my younger self. Giving him some lotto numbers sounds promising too.
TheLimey
I would like to go back to the 50s 60s place and run an advertising agency... My dream would be to live like Don Draper lol
Pippo90
I want to see the Roman Empire at its most glorious moment.
playfungames
Well there are a lot of times that I would like to go to. But only if I went as an observer and not permanently to live a that time.

I would like to go to the time when the British empire was expanding. Must be interesting to watch that. The same goes for a period when the Roman Empire was existing.

But, if I had to go back to a time where I would have to live, then I would go back to the 70s. That is the time when music and parties was nice and people did not need or carry smartphones and internet and what not technical gadgets one can imagine.
sysna
I will bring my ideas to business, i recommend every one to do that sooner because some day you will realize that your ideas are not new any more.
LxGoodies
sysna wrote:
I will bring my ideas to business, i recommend every one to do that sooner because some day you will realize that your ideas are not new any more.

What if I go back in time, register your idea to be mine, go back and remind you ? Laughing
storyteller
To my last car accident. If I can avoid the accident, I would have been saved from paying the insurance $500 in excess.
aryan77
storyteller wrote:
To my last car accident. If I can avoid the accident, I would have been saved from paying the insurance $500 in excess.

I second this choice! Same happened to me in April 2013 ... an uninsured driver is claiming injuries from my insurance ... even the insurance company was shocked!!! Crazy world!
Nyasro
I just want to go back to my childhood so that i can enjoy the life even more Smile
chillex420
1989 and i would look in my moms belly again
B88maritime
First, I'll skip all war time era. I'll stay away from slaves traders. I'll also skip the dinasaur era. Come to think of it, I'll just probably go back to the 90's. It's the coolest era.
william
Just to visit? Too many time periods to list. To continue living? I don't mind my current time, but going back to the 1960s (at my current age) with the knowledge I have of all the events to come for the next fifty years would be pretty neat. I wouldn't really have any fears of the Cold War, and my knowledge of all the developments of the next few decades would put me at a huge advantage over other people. I could even rise to the point where I could control the direction technology takes. Twisted Evil And besides, better music, better Cola, the start of the video game era, the rise of computers and space travel...it would be fun to live through all that.
pravojednostavno
If i could go back in time I would go to the antique Greece. That was a time when the democracy was born and the people were interested to listen wise philosopher.
Doordate
10,000 bc lol
harrer
I'd go back to the renaissance period with proof that Earth is not the center of the universe
nokick
I wouldn't like to go back at all, because the future are full of surprises. Amazing things happen every day, just how we look at it. Bad or good surprises, at least we have no idea what is gonna happen, and that should be how I love to live my life!
Iceaxe0410
If I could go back in time, I'd go back to the day before the lottery draw and have my old self buy a lottery ticket with the winning numbers.
Blaster
I'd have to go with the 1920's. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to live in the time after the Great War but before the depression. Cars where just becoming popular and so much was going on.

Besides the 1920's I'd prolly also enjoy the 1950s. Its after the second world war people are enjoying life, moving to the suburbs they have shorter work hours and are really enjoying life. My grandfather always talks about when he was a kid and it sounds like it was a lot of fun.
deanhills
I can't think of a better time than the present. Just love everything the Internet and IT have to offer us. I can't think how any one can possibly be bored, just too much to entertain us with.
LxGoodies
Yeah you are right DeanHills but it seems fun to go back to 2-feb-2003 and get hired by M. Zuckerberg Razz "hi Mark I'm a php programmer" hehehe.. take a year to copy todays version from my screenprints.. then launch it.. and get a 25% personal share for the trouble..
grofet
If i can go back to the past and become kid again i would like to make my life better than now. I want to become a good person and do what God said to Human. I would like to want to become an entrepreneur and student in the same time. I want to make a lot of improvement than what i have done in the past. But i'm sure that we all human can't go back to the past right now in our life as human. Maybe after be die and go the heaven we can do time travel as we like. Maybe God already have the time machine for human in the heaven. I think everything is possible to do for people in the heaven. But if we stay on the hell we can't have any chance to do the time travelling for free.
Kapellhagen
I think the Viking period on iron age would be exciting. We know so little of the real living in those days, when most that the archeologists can study is grounds of buildings and burial sites. And yet, the boat finds, weapons etc. indicate people invented and created very sophisticated stuff already for more than a thousand years ago. I want to know about their values and culture......
Peterssidan
Kapellhagen wrote:
I think the Viking period on iron age would be exciting. We know so little of the real living in those days, when most that the archeologists can study is grounds of buildings and burial sites. And yet, the boat finds, weapons etc. indicate people invented and created very sophisticated stuff already for more than a thousand years ago. I want to know about their values and culture......

I think the Vikings was quite late compared to other parts of the world. It would still be interesting though. Not much writing (except for some runes) has been preserved to our time. I would like to know how much of the north mythology that we know today is actually representative for the period.
slcpskon
If I can go back in time, I think I want to go china in the Tang Dynasty. Because I'm fat Laughing Laughing Laughing
slavicadimovska
Would like to visit Egypt 1500 BC
Chianti
I'd like to go back to 1920' s in China.That was the very time about the big changes about revolution later happened.Also, young people was enthusiastic and ideal.As a people living in 21 th ,I hope I can give them more advice and experience.
Beds
Either the 18th Century or 1066 to witness the Battle of Hastings. I'm a big fan of that fan, it's my personal favorite battle that has happened during our many years on this planet. The corsets in the 1800s would be pretty cool to wear too Smile
Myrecords
I would go back to the sixties...AND STAY THERE!!!
deanhills
Myrecords wrote:
What particular event would you want to join, or is it the music that you like?
Myrecords
deanhills wrote:
Myrecords wrote:
I just enjoyed that time period, growing up and of course the great music, now don't get me wrong we had tough times then too but not like today.
deanhills
Myrecords wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Myrecords wrote:
I just enjoyed that time period, growing up and of course the great music, now don't get me wrong we had tough times then too but not like today.
True. For me it would be an environment with less people in it and an environment that hasn't been damaged as it has by now. More clean beaches, better quality food, air, water .... the works! Wink
pauline5765
Before going back to the past, I'd probably record all the happenings in the stock market.

So when I go back to the past, I can live life based on that cheat sheet and invest like crazy Smile

Would love to go back in 1991 the moment where I was born and get reborn again. Live like a genius 6 year old who knows calculus and programming lol
deanhills
pauline5765 wrote:

Would love to go back in 1991 the moment where I was born and get reborn again. Live like a genius 6 year old who knows calculus and programming lol
This is a good one! Would be quite something if everything we know today we can arrive with in 1991. We wouldn't have to worry about the stock market. We would be able to create an instant market. Very Happy
pauline5765
I know, right? Lol. Life would be so much easier if we know what's going to happen in the future or at least we can predict accurately lol

Besides, I don't think I can live life without technology. So I'd rather go back to a time when technology is at its early stages, where it's comfortable. Smile