FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Possible bug

Josso
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1061034.html#1061034
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1061144.html#1061144

URL with brackets will cause post to not show up? I mean I suppose technically a URL should have %20 or whatever instead of an actual bracket but copy and pasting a link from firefox it will give you actual brackets.
Ghost Rider103
Interesting. I used to use Firefox as my main browser and never noticed this, despite copying/pasting links from Frihost in the IRC.

Hopefully Bondings will check this out.

Good find.
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Hopefully Bondings will check this out.

I think he already has, and that it's a known bug in phpbb.

I suppose it doesn't happen often enough to make it worthwhile to try and fix it.
Ghost Rider103
Well every bug that is found should be written down somewhere. Then when the list gets large enough, they should all be fixed at once in bulk.

You should never just totally ignore something. That's not good production wise.
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Well every bug that is found should be written down somewhere. Then when the list gets large enough, they should all be fixed at once in bulk.

You should never just totally ignore something. That's not good production wise.

Chances are, the phpbb development team already fixed it or found a workaround...
(Unless they stopped development on v2.x when v3.x came out, and the problem hadn't been fixed yet.)

But, honestly, Bondings seems to have very little time to spare for working on Frihost, especially lately... So even implementing a ready-to-go fix might be asking for too much time and effort.
Ghost Rider103
Thus the reason nearly ever active and decent size website having some sort of development team.

Facebook wasn't a one man operation - neither is Frihost.