FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Remote access to database

adri
Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect to a MySQL Database on Frihost from my local computer using Java. Now I'm not getting any data back but I also don't get any errors back, which makes it hard to know what is wrong. Razz

---
I'm using cPanel, Server 1 and yes, I have entered my IP in the Remote Access section of the control panel and I'm sure that all my info related to the connection was correct. Smile
---

So I got two questions:

• Does the 3306 port block incoming requests? (Aka is it possible to actually connect to a MySQL database)
  • Is there a Java Connector installed (like JDBC) so I can connect through Java applications?

Thanks,

adri[/list]
badai
yes you can connect from outside once you set host as %, you can connect from anywhere.

i doubt frihost have Java Connector. don't java have any library that can connect direct to mysql without any special thing install on server side? i think somebody must have write it, mysql is quite old.
adri
bump Razz

adri
Bondings
My apologies for the delay, I didn't notice this topic it seems.

The 3306 port was blocked by the firewall. I have added it to the allowed ports. Please check it again now.
adri
Bondings wrote:
My apologies for the delay, I didn't notice this topic it seems.

The 3306 port was blocked by the firewall. I have added it to the allowed ports. Please check it again now.

Working flawlessly now. Very Happy

I should probably work up my points again now. Razz

adri