FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

best video card!

CraigHF
Just wanted to know what's the best video card you have ever owned?

Personally, I have started with a voodoo3 (Iknow, it's been a while!). The second card I bought was a TNT2... a revelation! Since then, I had a couple of cards moving from a TNT2 to a Geforce 3 and then a TI 4200, a 6800 GTX, two 7800GTX in SLI and finally a HD4870X2. I've bought that card when it came out, and I still use it to play the lates games... I think that's the best card I ever had... I've been running the latest games with all the settings maxed out since then...

What's your best pick?
BadBBilly
Woah!! we both travelled the same upgrade path, lol.

I started with the Voodoo2 though (i think it was a V2 ??--long,long- time ago!!!) - TNT2 to a GF2 - then skipped a couple of GF here and there, depending on cashflow at the time, at the moment i am still running the old GF8800GTX - still able to run latest games maxed out res/highest quality in-game vid settings. Mainly kept this card as i am able to Softmod it for use with 3dsmax.

Would like to try SLI with 3dsMax out one day.
ricardinhu
i like GForce have of 1 giga
luciferfawkes
I've been using the Radeon HD 5770 for a while now and it's a pretty solid card. I think I would be able to handle more games at a better quality if it weren't for my CPU and ram being the bottleneck. It ran Skyrim on high settings with no FPS problems whatsoever so I can't complain about that.
weableandbob
The best card I've ever had is my current GTX 480. It's solid, runs things great, and I got it for free, so I love it Very Happy. I still have my trusty HD 4850 in case it breaks though.
brandon02852
i loved my 8800GTS until the vRAM fried

i loved my 4870 until the fan made lots of clicking noises and oveheated

i love my two MSI Twin Frozr III R6950's and haven't had any issues.

So my best GFX card has to be the frozr
futurcat
brandon02852 wrote:
i loved my 8800GTS until the vRAM fried

i loved my 4870 until the fan made lots of clicking noises and oveheated

i love my two MSI Twin Frozr III R6950's and haven't had any issues.

So my best GFX card has to be the frozr

I am using whatever comes with the laptop.