FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

web design tips !!!!

sarika123
Hi guys.......

The basic web design tips are as under:-
1. Use graphics that fit the content.
2. Use templates.
3. Use your graphics as elements in your layouts.
4. External Links.
5. Treat ads as you would any other image.
johans
i think that is the basic.

That is a good information about the basic.

Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Quote:
2. Use templates.

Not so sure about this tip.

Being a web designer, I personally like to keep everything totally custom. Using any sort of template, in my opinion, ruins the originality of the design.

So I'd recommend trying to be the most original and unique as possible. But also keep in mind it's good to follow the current trends. Trying to start new trends is always a good idea and I even recommend it. But if it's for client work, it's probably not a good idea to try something totally new unless that is what they are requesting.
tamilparks
thanks for the tips
ankurthakur
The most important tip :

Keep the content to be same in Every Browser. Idea
johans
Good luck and enjoy developing...

Idea
Ghost Rider103
For the sake of the quality of this thread... Doesn't anyone have any tips/ideas/suggestions of their own that they can add other than just agreeing with the tips already mentioned?

Would be good to hear others knowledge and ideas rather than hearing that you think we have provided good information.

This post is of course excluding you ankur. Smile
veightar
For me, using templates saves a lot of time. I just get rid of all the images and maintain the
original layout with different color profile.
Templates are not for professional web designers but at least we must rely somehow on
inspiration. So, yes, its good to have original material, but its better to have more inspirations (my opinion). Laughing
Radar
Make sure that you think it looks good?

Think about what you like in other sites, and try and figure out why you like them.
kacsababa
Find inspiration in the real world instead of solely relying on googling for actual trends.
pll
I think you need to integrate the ads in the content, or somewhere that doesn't get the customer affraid.

(Like facebook did) you have only 1 place with ads, nowhere else.
This way your user will come back more often
HiraFahad
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Quote:
2. Use templates.

Not so sure about this tip.

Being a web designer, I personally like to keep everything totally custom. Using any sort of template, in my opinion, ruins the originality of the design.

So I'd recommend trying to be the most original and unique as possible. But also keep in mind it's good to follow the current trends. Trying to start new trends is always a good idea and I even recommend it. But if it's for client work, it's probably not a good idea to try something totally new unless that is what they are requesting.

I too don't vote for using templates. but i confess that i am not a very creative mind. I first select a good template or unique layout webpage then keeping it in mind i try to create a similar one except some of feature which i want to replace. often, when trying to make a similar one I discover some good and unique styles, by this i become perfect day by day.
adopting a template is also really time consuming, because most of the time it becomes really difficult to match the id and class with the external style sheet coding.
even if we get successful do that after spending some hours we cannot learn to create it or to say ourselves expert web designer. Smile
rmines
English language users read from left to right so put your most important links/information on the left side of the page.
Study basic graphics design and color theory.
A lot of times less is more... if a page is way too busy than re-evalute and put sub topics on a different page.
People do not like to scroll over to the right to see the entire content on a webpage.
People do not mind scrolling down to see more content, but remember to put "back to the top" links where there would normally be a page break.
Keep to a consistent main theme on every platform for website, i.e. Smartphone, tablets, and desktop.
Optimize your images for the fastest loading times.
Use a spell checker AND a real person to proof read your stuff not only to make sure it is spelled correctly, but the grammar is correct and the content makes sense.
Preview your website in many web browsers and on different OS's.
Make sure your bells and whistles work.
tony69
Guys now web design is moved to RESPONSIVE WEB Design and its in current trend and people are transforming their existing site to responsive web design. This transformation is done to remove headache of making separate site form mobile and desktop. Therefore focus on RWD.
myfncs
Great tips