FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anyone heard of Patent Pending?

Have you heard of them before?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

ato784
someone recommended the band Patent Pending, I don't know what to think of them, what do you guys think of them?

http://www.myspace.com/patentpending
ato784
I guess not...
Confused
drunkenkoz
Well I decided to take some time and listen to these guys as I work on my website. I'll give you my input on if I like them or not.
FunDa
Nope, first time I'm hearing of them

Thanks for the find.

I'll listen and see how it is ...

Muchos gracias Razz
Dialogist
I haven't heard of that, but now you mention it, it sounds like a fantastic idea. If only there was a way to stop other people stealing it from me or making their own versions of it for commercial gain. After all, when I originally thought of this idea, I had hoped that nobody else had thought of it first. When I "Originally" "Originally" thought of it, I mean (pardon my antanaclasis).

Original, You say? But the OP introduced it to in me this thread. That's got to be a "meaningful derivative", right? I mean it's published online. It's not Creative Commons or anything, but I guess with a timestamp and my post below, it has to stand as substantial evidence in a court of law, that the OP invented Patent Pending before I did. What ever can protect me from this happening?

Further reading:

Quote:

o·rig·i·nal   [uh-rij-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective
1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/original

Shocked

So basically, all I need to do is form a band named Patent Pending and hope the good people at Patent Pending don't sue me for fraudulent use of provisional rights. As long as it still "belongs" or "pertains" to "the origin", then I also invented the automobile because in a burst of "original" creative genius, I changed my tire last week.

I guess you're wondering what all this has to do with your bumfluff myspace band, right? Well a lot of truth is said in jest. 1) Nothing is original. 2) Everything has a loophole ("significantly altered derivatives" in copyright, for example) and critically, 3) The United States Patent and Trademark Office does actually sue people for unsolicited use of the term "Patent Pending" (without an actual patent app number). Food for thought.
ato784
Dialogist wrote:
I haven't heard of that, but now you mention it, it sounds like a fantastic idea. If only there was a way to stop other people stealing it from me or making their own versions of it for commercial gain. After all, when I originally thought of this idea, I had hoped that nobody else had thought of it first. When I "Originally" "Originally" thought of it, I mean (pardon my antanaclasis).

Original, You say? But the OP introduced it to in me this thread. That's got to be a "meaningful derivative", right? I mean it's published online. It's not Creative Commons or anything, but I guess with a timestamp and my post below, it has to stand as substantial evidence in a court of law, that the OP invented Patent Pending before I did. What ever can protect me from this happening?

Further reading:

Quote:

o·rig·i·nal   [uh-rij-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective
1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/original

Shocked

So basically, all I need to do is form a band named Patent Pending and hope the good people at Patent Pending don't sue me for fraudulent use of provisional rights. As long as it still "belongs" or "pertains" to "the origin", then I also invented the automobile because in a burst of "original" creative genius, I changed my tire last week.

I guess you're wondering what all this has to do with your bumfluff myspace band, right? Well a lot of truth is said in jest. 1) Nothing is original. 2) Everything has a loophole ("significantly altered derivatives" in copyright, for example) and critically, 3) The United States Patent and Trademark Office does actually sue people for unsolicited use of the term "Patent Pending" (without an actual patent app number). Food for thought.

Ok....I get that you are trying to poke fun at Patent pending, but your way of getting your point across only confused me rather than so called enlighten me.

proper formatting is key when writing