FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Game of Thrones

How do you see Game of Thrones?
Interesting
95%
 95%  [ 22 ]
Boring
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

mgeek
Has anyone here seen "Game of Thrones"? It is a TV series. I missed the first two parts, but what I 've seen so far is interesting. Can anyone fill me in?
Bondings
I love the series and the story and am eagerly waiting for season 2. I like it that they dare to let main characters die - unlike in most other stories. Of course it's a bummer if your favorite character dies, but the story gets better this way. (I hope it's not too big of a spoiler to mention that some people will die.)

I also bought the books on Amazon (the first 4 parts arrived recently - 5 books because one part is split in 2 books). I'm not sure if I will read them all now or only up to the point in the tv-series as not to spoiler them.
jwellsy
They do an excellent job of casting the right actors for the parts, and the sets and props are fantastic. The story line takes a lot of unexpected turns. Evil is not totally evil and good is not totally good. It's a good show.
mgeek
Bondings wrote:

I also bought the books on Amazon (the first 4 parts arrived recently - 5 books because one part is split in 2 books). I'm not sure if I will read them all now or only up to the point in the tv-series as not to spoiler them.

Tell us about the books. I am looking for the series volumes myself.
Bondings
mgeek wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Tell us about the books. I am looking for the series volumes myself.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to read lately and I have a ton of books waiting to be read. I was planning to start today with the first book (I have some time to read today Very Happy).

The book I'm currently reading is way too complicated to read in short parts, at least with Game Of Thrones I already know the story.

Anyway, I'll try to write a short review after completing the first book.
Radar
Started reading the books. They're great.

Haven't managed to find the series, but if it's remotely as good, it would be amazing.
adri
Trailer for Season 2 popped up!

I already have the books but I'm too busy with school to start reading them. Sad

adri
portoskt
next season i cant wait
cynusalisa
Have played this game only once and I am telling you Guys this is really a boring game ever....... Smile Smile
Bondings
cynusalisa wrote:
Have played this game only once and I am telling you Guys this is really a boring game ever....... Smile Smile

There are a few different board games made around the books. "Battle of Westeros", "Game of Thrones" and probably a few other ones. From what I heard, both are pretty good and are ranked relatively high on BoardGameGeek.
Segia
Brilliant show, very intrigueing, albeit a bit hard to follow for someone who hasn't read the books. That said, I don't mind having an excuse to watch it multiple times.
Blummer
I've started with this one, but gave up only because I was quite busy. Look very promising, meanwhile I took a look at some Game of thrones comics.
mgeek
Blummer wrote:
I've started with this one, but gave up only because I was quite busy. Look very promising, meanwhile I took a look at some Game of thrones comics.

Man, I didn't even know that there was a Game of Thrones comics. I wouldn't be as surprised if you said "computer game".
Bondings
mgeek wrote:
Blummer wrote:

Man, I didn't even know that there was a Game of Thrones comics. I wouldn't be as surprised if you said "computer game".

Yes there is at least one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/58550/=langeng?l=english . Not a very good one, though, I think.

And I'm starting the third book, by the way.

The first one was very similar to the series up to the point of being a bit boring ot read - I mean that there isn't much in the book that didn't happen in the series - which is pretty unusual for a story turned into a movie/series. Of course it went a bit deeper and there were more details given, like more background, thoughts of the characters and so on. Usually it is "hey this scene of 5 seconds is about 5 important chapters".

The second book, "A Clash of Kings", was very exciting and hence finished in a very short time. It was written very well (just like the first book). As the title is already quite a spoiler I hope you don't mind that I describe it as mostly a lot of Kings fighting and preparing to fight (not all characters are fighting though) and quite some new characters.
Insanity
I really like the TV series. I've read the books so I know exactly what happens, but not how they are going to do it. I've got to say that I have enjoyed the way they have stuck to the book's plot for the most part. The acting is really well done, and overall great production. Highly recommend.
HAL9000
Probably the easiest show to get drawn into that i've seen in years. Havent read the books...yet. The opening title sequence is a work of art in itself and very clever the way they effectively sneak a bit of exposition in before you even realise its happening (It shows you the major settings that are used in that episode so its slightly different from one episode to the next).
matrixuk321
One of the best TV shows around, I need to read the books
hakaner
Currently, one of the best series I watched. The subject is going a bit slow at the moment, but i think, it will be more exciting after the war began Smile
mgeek
Season II is now on HBO. There seems to be a lot of wars brewing.
Insanity
I think one of the best parts of having read the books is the reaction to how everyone reacts to different parts of the plot during the TV show. It's like you have an advantage over these poor fools who get too attached to certain characters...
bananko
second season is even better... i like it, and cant wait to see how it will ends... i did not read the book, so i dont know
menino
I just started watchg "Game of thrones" last week or so, and I like it.
Its different from normal and yet shows the characteristics of the present day and age people.

SOme of it is gross, like the incest, and the killings / murders, and a lot of the action keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Moreover, it reflects and shows about 3 different kingdoms, each trying to take over each other.
mgeek
menino wrote:
I just started watchg "Game of thrones" last week or so, and I like it.
Its different from normal and yet shows the characteristics of the present day and age people.

SOme of it is gross, like the incest, and the killings / murders, and a lot of the action keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Moreover, it reflects and shows about 3 different kingdoms, each trying to take over each other.

Game of Thrones is classified as fantasy, but it is realistic.
braycraig7
mgeek wrote:
Has anyone here seen "Game of Thrones"? It is a TV series. I missed the first two parts, but what I 've seen so far is interesting. Can anyone fill me in?

Try it on TVS-Servers.All parts are available there.
Skiing_Is_Euphoria
I have only seen one episode but it looks very good. the intro is very entertaining with its cool animations and catchy tune. the scenery in the show is amazing, immediately tranfering you to the midevil times. the characters seem very interesting and the plot pulls genuine concern from the viewer. my favorite part of the first episode is when the little boy is climbing the tower. he catches the prince and princess taking a nice trip to pound town. in fear that hed be caught and called an incestual freak, the prince pushes the little boy off the tower and sends him plummeting to a gory death
Mr_Howl
One more month until the third season! I'm so excited!

I've already read A Storm of Swords, but I can't wait to see how it'll play out on screen!
biolu
I love this serie, but the books are even more interesting. Can't wait for the next one!
Insanity
It's a great show and I can't wait for the second season to happen. The quality of the show is amazing, as well as its adherence to the plot and book stuff. They do skip some things, but I think in season two there will be a lot more changes as opposed to the book compared with the previous season. The previous season did have some changes, but not as much.
mgeek
It is now on season 3.
dustm3n
game of thrones is a phenomenal TV adaption to the books. It actually is probably one of the best adaptions with as little errors compared to the books that i've ever seen. the show is currently on season 3, and if you are into sci-fi i strongly suggest the series. HBO also put together some great documentaries about how they constructed it. I was amazed to learn that they actually build the first series on a low-cost budget because they had no idea if it would last and/or how well the show would do on air.
Mr_Howl
dustm3n wrote:
the show is currently on season 3, and if you are a person i strongly suggest the series.

FTFY Very Happy

The third season has been awesome so far. And the acting has been phenomenal. If you're not watching yet, go now!
ceppeRaz
Anyway, good resources to get information are wikipedia and the internet movie database, also some interesting things to see on you tube if you want to get a feel of the series.
But, I saw a few episodes of Games of Thrones, quite entertaining! But some things are a bit far fetched. But if you like knight kind of things then it would please you I guess.
Blummer
Watched almost the whole series (so far) over the last days Laughing had enough time. I really like them. The details, the backgrounds and the plot themes. Really need to go and read Martin so I'll do it one day.

It's quite violent sometimes, but that's the reality of middle ages. Yes, the action takes place in a fictional world, but it all resembles many events of the real one.
codegeek
I have watched them all. I have found them pretty great. I enjoyed almost every episode, though some more than others. I was hoping for something really awesome to happen in the season finale of the 3rd season, especially considering how great the 9th episode was. However, I was disappointed a bit. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the 4th season.
Pippo90
I adore it! Really a great series, and I have also appreciated the books (although I truly hope the author will speed up in writing the last ones).
Blummer
I really love it so far...The only thing now is - how am I supposed to wait for the season 4 Laughing Got to read the books.
Mrs_Robota
I would like to read the books before start the new season...
Blummer
Yeah, pretty much time before Season 4. I'm in the process of reading the first book.
MrBrumm
Am not gonna read the books, but will follow season 4 a it gets released. Does the whole season get released at once? Reading in (overpriced) itunes it looks like it does.. but i would think HBO broadcasts an episode weekly as with the other seasons..
Blummer
I haven't made up my mind yet, whether I will watch the whole S4 at once or just with the gaps between the episodes.

Really looking forward for this season, promises to be intriguing.
Technaut
Unlike many shows, GoT is one that promises a lot, and makes good on those promises.

I've read all the books that are currently out, and I am looking forward to how they handle events in the fourth season.

Like some have expressed here, I love the theme song. It is insanely catchy, and I catch myself humming it at random times.
tourdedom
Yes I think GoT is awsome ^^. My favorite character is Jon Snow Very Happy Can't wait for the new season! I even learned the intro song on the piano haha.
Blummer
A couple of recent interesting videos.

This one may seem a spoiler, but it actually avoids any heavy ones, just showing a bunch of good shots.

And this is a very fresh one, trailer 2

Really can't wait to watch this. Seems like it's the most anticipated TV season of the year.
Insanity
Im happy with how the first two seasons turned out, and I cant wait for the next one. At this rate though, Im worried that the show might be overtaking the next book in the series. Or at least if the show is getting produced at the same rate and schedule, then it would be. Theres a couple of books left, and I suppose they can always try to delay the story and put in more filler or make the shows last longer, but I think its nearing the end of its progress.