FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Better handling of positioning to last or specified post

SonLight
I just noticed a small glitch. When I posted, and it started a new page, I got an automatic return to the first post of the topic, not to the second page with my post on it. This probably happens because it tries to position to a label but doesn't check to see if the label should be on a different page.

A related issue is that positioning to the last post of a blog topic doesn't work because the addressing is different there and the link isn't adjusted for that.

While I'm on the subject, I should mention that when looking at a user's posts, the only link is to the beginning of the topic. Ideally I would like to see that link remain, with the choice to go there or directly to the target post.
User_X
SonLight wrote:

While I'm on the subject, I should mention that when looking at a user's posts, the only link is to the beginning of the topic. Ideally I would like to see that link remain, with the choice to go there or directly to the target post.

I was going to suggest this to ^ but I've seen others post a link like a "perma link" that will bring me to the exact post in a page.
How is this done please?
ocalhoun
User_X wrote:
I've seen others post a link like a "perma link" that will bring me to the exact post in a page.
How is this done please?

The '' symbol above each post is a permalink to that post.

Copy the url from that, and you can link directly to that post.
User_X
Excellent ocalhoun. Thank you. Makes things more easy now
deanhills
AWESOME! I was trying to figure this out yesterday, and here's the answer to it. Thanks Ocalhoun!
Very Happy
sonam
Jeah, this is good to know. Sometimes I am link only page where is some good information but it is much better to link direct post. Cool, ocalhoun Cool

Sonam