FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

scripting help

MrTylerGreen
Is there a way to have a script running on my server at all times, and when you visit the website, you can see the most recent output of that script (all of my scripts are python).

For example:

Code:

output = []
number = 0
while True:
    output.append(str(number))
    index_file = open(index.html, w)
    for line in output:
        index_file.write(line + "<br>")
    index_file.close()
    if len(output) > 10:
        output = output[-10:]

I want to have code like this running 24/7, so that if somebody visits index.html, they would get the last ten outputs of that script that would run forever. any ideas?

I use directadmin Smile
Peterssidan
Having a script running all the time would generate a high cpu load so it's not allowed. See the TOS if you don't believe me.

Maybe there is another way to do what you want to do without having a script running all the time. Can't you put some script into index.html and print the numbers from there?
MrTylerGreen
Peterssidan wrote:
Having a script running all the time would generate a high cpu load so it's not allowed. See the TOS if you don't believe me.

Maybe there is another way to do what you want to do without having a script running all the time. Can't you put some script into index.html and print the numbers from there?

well, the script I want to use isn't actually the script written above, I have a 150 line program that acts as a trollbot for omegle.com spy mode, It generates chat logs of the conversations people have about my questions, manages the connections to omegle, and so on. Since it is basically a multi-featured spambot, it can't be re-executed with every visitor to the website, because it would cause a recaptcha image if the website saw more than oh, two people visit.

I need to find a way to have one instance of the program running at a time, and the output packaged up in a way to that people can come on the website and watch what people on omegle are doing.

Another problem I have is that the only programming language I know ANYTHING about is Python. So i would need a lot of help with custom html, java, javascript, or php