FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you feel that you are forced to put post everyday?

vidafenomenal
If one post can get 1 or 2 points, so we have send at least one post each day, right?
ankur209
No its not like that ! You can post as many as posts per day but don't spam !

Well,if you manage to secure your points more than +1 that means you can skip a day ! Suppose you have got 10 points then you can skip the next consecutive 9 days and return on 10th day (when your point will be 1) and post again !! Smile Laughing

You are not actually forced but you are doing you part dude !! Razz
Nameless
I barely ever use my hosted space any more, and for nothing that I couldn't put on dozens of other free sites if I bothered, so I'm hardly forced. I post here because I can and it sometimes amuses me. If I was bored I could stop any time and watch my perfectly reset 45.00 points drop down into messy, hateful numbers that mock my lack of social OH GOD it's nearly roll-over time *twitch*
magnustoday
Not at all, you won't feel forced if you like sharing your ideas =)
ocalhoun
vidafenomenal wrote:

If one post can get 1 or 2 points, so we have send at least one post each day, right?

One post can get up to 5 points... So really, if you log in and make a few good posts once per week that should be enough.

And really, it isn't difficult.
The key to really getting into it, I think, is to actually have conversations; look for replies to your posts, and reply to them.
deanhills
I think everyone is different. Some people like to post, others don't. Different horses, different courses. Frihost was my first posting experience. Before I knew it I was posting every day. At one stage I thought it was addiction, but maybe it's just a sense of being part of something.
faten
at the begging its begin like that but i enjoy it know
dennisk
Yes I think I'm a little bit forced. But when I start to post one thing, I never stop after it so I make a couple of posts. So actually it's not really annoying.
Ankhanu
Don't feel forced in the least... though needing points is good motivation at times.

When I signed up, I thought, "free hosting, and all I have to do is post on a messageboard?? Score!" and the deal has been pretty simple. For a while, I was posting every day, then I lost interest, but, in order to maintain my hosting, I came back once a month, contributed a bunch of posts, and I was good for another month. Now I'm back to visiting and contributing almost daily, and never have to worry about points and my hosting security.

Really, 20 minutes a month is a pretty small price to pay for hosting. If I felt it was too high, there are other options out there for hosting. I'm not forced to be here at all.

EDIT - Hell this post alone earned me 5 days of not having to post! It's not hard nor challenging.
Peterssidan
I understand some people find it hard to post. I felt the same when I was new. I can also feel it's harder to post something if I have not posted for a long time but I never feel forced.
metalfreek
Its always hard to post when you are new but when you know about the forum more, its not that difficult to post. You will surely find something to post on.
truespeed
vidafenomenal wrote:

Looking at your posts most of them are 3 or 4 words per post,your not going to accrue many points that way.
standready
deanhills wrote:
Different horses

Leave cute little Jay out of this discussion! laugh
I look forward to visiting Frihost's community. A welcome break to my day. So not hard at all.
johans
Quote:

nope.

This is my world. I worked 12hrs a day in web, Internet, troubleshooting, maintenance and monitoring.

I work alone and i get friends and fresh ideas in the forums. I

No one forced us to post. Posting is a designed of active working in cyber-zone.

Very Happy
ocalhoun
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Different horses

I can't believe so many people remember her name for so long!
^.^ She's famous!
Dementei
Can you guess how many points this post is? Copy and paste to find out.

(See that I just started a new trend! -Don't copy this part, wait if by adding this little section then that means the true points for this post is invalid to what I'm trying to do, now I'm just adding more points to this post.. see even those 2 little periods I added accumulate something now I'm just rambling. Wait I should stop now before it's too late, oh no I feel like it's already too late I'm stuck, forever, this rambling is a disease it's taking control of my fingers continually typing whatever they feel like typing maximizing the points for this seemingly undoubtedly pointless post..)
User_X
In a way but a small one. Like deanhills I to like to belong somewhere & have a purpose & I do even though I'm new. Time will tell huh. I post what I can but at times I may not feel like netz socializing.

I'm like dennisk. Once I start it's hard to stop as long as there is something of interest to me
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Different horses

I can't believe so many people remember her name for so long!
^.^ She's famous!

Not quite "Mister Ed" yet but we are working on it! laugh
sudipbanerjee
I think there is no force. You can post one or two good post and earn 5-6 points and then skip two-three days. Keeping positive marks is one of the condition of this site. We became aware about it at the time when we became member. So why the term 'force' came?
MrTylerGreen
well the awesome people here at frihost do offer a service that is either not as free or not as good many other places. So I think it is a pretty decent thing to ask people to please participate in the forums are a requirement to get the awesome awesome awesome free service. Then of course there has to be some objective way to measure participation. If it was just at the whims of the admins, then people could be kicked off for some pretty stupid reasons. Also, this way the admins don't have to spend time searching for participation from everybody, it is just all automatically calculated. I, for one, think it is really nifty Smile
GoldenEagle
I used to post everyday, but as you can see from the negative numbers, I have been slipping a lot lately. I definitely need to work on repositioning my site, especially since the target market I was going for is apparently isolated from the online forum scene -- sounds like a lot of work.

anyway, it's hard to stay motivated and on top of things like that when your focus isn't going so well.....
deanhills
GoldenEagle wrote:
anyway, it's hard to stay motivated and on top of things like that when your focus isn't going so well.....
Well said. Frihost probably needs a few things that people could get focused on more.
Very Happy
mukesh
vidafenomenal wrote:

I am posting about two or in three days but its not true for me because

1) I was no any types of knowledge about Community or Forums which something know by this frihost.
and know I like this check forums of Frishost.

2) Many types of knowledge, News and Questions with answer always found in forums.

3) and third Benefit is now I can design website and webpages.
Before to join frihost I don't know any thinking about it.

4) and my target to purchases Domain and hosting.

these all points which all know by only Frihost so I am not forced posting. Laughing
ratanegra
Well, I feel kinda forced, but it's mostly because I'm not interested into most of the topics, so it's really hard for me to find where to post (I don't want to post for posting... I want to do it well). Therefore, I'm always looking for nice threads to reply and get some points. But of course, points are not everything. Nowadays, I find myself posting daily without so much trouble. The problem comes when I'm down and I don't wanna have anything to do with anything... then I have to force myself to get into a topic I know of and earn my points.
I don't use the hosting, but I want to get enough coins to get a domain! When I do that, I'll post more regularly so I can have a free website without any problems.
So... good luck. Smile
ocalhoun
ratanegra wrote:

I don't use the hosting, but I want to get enough coins to get a domain!

Um, yeah... good luck with that.
Quote:
351.35 Coins

Shouldn't take too long. ^.^
spinout
not every day but I bump the points just because...
Still this is the premiss, and everyone lives with it.
foumy6
Nameless wrote:
I barely ever use my hosted space any more, and for nothing that I couldn't put on dozens of other free sites if I bothered, so I'm hardly forced. I post here because I can and it sometimes amuses me. If I was bored I could stop any time and watch my perfectly reset 45.00 points drop down into messy, hateful numbers that mock my lack of social OH GOD it's nearly roll-over time *twitch*

lol exactly I hardly use my hosted space I am mostly still posting here for fun.
missdixy
Totally depends on the current 'hot' topics on our forums. Sometimes I really don't feel that interested in any of the recent topics or posts so then I *kind* of have to force myself to post, but a lot of the time I actually enjoy posting and want to reply to the threads/have something to say/etc.

I do use my posting space and do wanna keep it active but really, it's not that buig of a deal. I don't even update my website that often (it's been MONTHS, if not close to a year!). If the hosting were to be taken away it'd be no big deal ,so yes I guess overall i AM posting here because I want to be.
MrTylerGreen
Dementei wrote:
Can you guess how many points this post is? Copy and paste to find out.

(See that I just started a new trend! -Don't copy this part, wait if by adding this little section then that means the true points for this post is invalid to what I'm trying to do, now I'm just adding more points to this post.. see even those 2 little periods I added accumulate something now I'm just rambling. Wait I should stop now before it's too late, oh no I feel like it's already too late I'm stuck, forever, this rambling is a disease it's taking control of my fingers continually typing whatever they feel like typing maximizing the points for this seemingly undoubtedly pointless post..)

This is hilarious. It just goes to show you that it is a pretty lax requirement and there is really no need to complain. I like to post on a few topics here and there, so it isn't really hard for me to ramble out a few points every day. But at the same time, think about this post. It is completely and utterly and 100% pointless, but I will earn enough points to stay in the positive for like a week. Here is another pro tip: in the relationship forum you will sometimes find some blubbery person crying about their girlfriend breaking up with them. They ramble on for a long time, so if you just quote them and type three simple words like "Get over it." then you earn all kinds of points AND you have done the world a great service by telling some person to quit crying over something pointless. I mean seriously, it isn't that big of a deal.

Here is another pro-tip: Do you like doing anything? Post a tutorial on how to do it! Tutorials are generally very long and wordy. They sometimes have pictures or other other things that might have big long URLs that will earn you more points.

Oh! and what about youtube videos that you like? How many videos do you watch in a day? How many times do you use stumbleupon and press the LIKE button. Just take 10 seconds to copy and paste a link, give a quick title, and share it with frihost. Who knows what kind of discussion you will get on a video you like. Also you can use extra large words like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis to make your posts extra long to get more points.

All this to say: there is no excuse for not being able to get points. They are easy to get and you only need ONE point per day.

One more thing: I have pie memorized to 100 digits... see...

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

That isn't that impressive though, because some people have thousands of digits memorized....

http://pi-world-ranking-list.com/lists/memo/index.html << SEE

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Edit:

The above 1 minute of my time earned me five whole points. But you know, even editing your own posts gives you points too. So now, because I edited my post and spent a total of two minutes of my time, I will have FREE hosting for a week. That really isn't that bad folks. Let's all stop complaining now....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
deanhills
MrTylerGreen wrote:
Here is another pro-tip: Do you like doing anything? Post a tutorial on how to do it! Tutorials are generally very long and wordy. They sometimes have pictures or other other things that might have big long URLs that will earn you more points.
Interesting post, but probably good to note however that the points feature is disabled for Tutorials. Smile
ocalhoun
MrTylerGreen wrote:

The above 1 minute of my time earned me five whole points. But you know, even editing your own posts gives you points too.

Well, actually, editing your posts can give or take away points... It always says you were given points, but that's because of a bug in the system that prevents the negative sign for showing up...

So, if you edit a bunch of stuff out of your post, and it says you were given two points... It probably means that you lost two points.

Also, everybody else, take this guy's advice with a grain of salt... Spamming and copy-pasting will get you banned (and account removed) faster than being in negative points will.
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
Also, everybody else, take this guy's advice with a grain of salt... Spamming and copy-pasting will get you banned (and account removed) faster than being in negative points will.

I think that guy is on that fast track. Most of that post was useless! Senseless posting to get points. Maybe Mods should be allowed to remove points for such mindless droll!
MrTylerGreen
deanhills wrote:
MrTylerGreen wrote:
Interesting post, but probably good to note however that the points feature is disabled for Tutorials. Smile

That is good to know, I didn't realize that (I have never posted a tutorial before)
Ankhanu
I'm pretty sure that you don't get points for quotes, either.
ocalhoun
Ankhanu wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you don't get points for quotes, either.

Yep, one reason why we insist on using quote tags when copying things.
Greatking
seeing as one post scores us one or two points, its advisable to post almost everyday.
i usually post a lot in a day so i dont get to post until a week or a few days later.
there should not be any pressure, however anything can happen, a person can be so busy you are not able to go online, so its best to always update at the least chance so you are not blogged out.
Ankhanu
Greatking wrote:
seeing as one post scores us one or two points, its advisable to post almost everyday.

Only if you post one or two lines. Most of my posts score me 4-5 points; one post gets me out of most of a week of posting (but I post anyway). It's going to take a lot of posts to maintain points if you only contribute a phrase or a couple sentences...
Nine 5pt posts gives you lots of wiggle room if for some reason you can't log in for a while.
kaysch
I have to say I find it a bit annoying to post stuff here just to get some points, but hey - if that's what the idea is all about it's a good reason to attach a meaningful signature. Rolling Eyes
busaboss
I am not feeling obliged to post everyday here in frihost. I just post when I find some topics I'm interested in and I don't require myself to do it everyday. A couple of days of rest is nice if you don't want to get burned out. It is pretty easy to maintain the points and coins even for just 3 days a week. Very Happy
deanhills
kaysch wrote:
I have to say I find it a bit annoying to post stuff here just to get some points, but hey - if that's what the idea is all about it's a good reason to attach a meaningful signature. Rolling Eyes
Maybe by 100 posts you will have come to look at posting differently. Sort of works very subtly here. Before you know it you're hooked.
Syryus
I don't see why someone will feel obliged to post ere every day. I do it out of pleasure and there are so many topics around here that it's kinda hard not to post if you start reading them. Like this one, for example Smile
kaysch
deanhills wrote:
kaysch wrote:
Maybe by 100 posts you will have come to look at posting differently. Sort of works very subtly here. Before you know it you're hooked.

That seems definitely true with you having posted 15157 texts... Smile
TheGremlyn
I don't know that I feel forced to. I mean, I think it is still a pretty good deal. What would you rather do? Spend a few minutes typing out something for a forum post of a blog post or empty out your pockets now and again and pay someone? I guess it doesn't cost much, but when you don't have that money to spend it's pretty easy to sit and have a voice on something.

Although today I just feel crummy and I feel like there's no where to post. Some topics are pretty out there or too complicated to post on, others just don't interest me... I must be having an off day.
kaysch
MrTylerGreen wrote:
But at the same time, think about this post. It is completely and utterly and 100% pointless, but I will earn enough points to stay in the positive for like a week.

Which is exactly what I don't understand - why should I send pointless posts just to get some points to keep my website working? It's just a waste of webspace and time. Ah, how sweet the good old times were when things on the internet used to be completely free...
Ankhanu
kaysch wrote:
MrTylerGreen wrote:
But at the same time, think about this post. It is completely and utterly and 100% pointless, but I will earn enough points to stay in the positive for like a week.

Which is exactly what I don't understand - why should I send pointless posts just to get some points to keep my website working? It's just a waste of webspace and time. Ah, how sweet the good old times were when things on the internet used to be completely free...

... I don't remember that time of the internet, and I've been using it a long time. I think you might be delusional Razz

The point isn't to make pointless posts, the point is to contribute in a meaningful way. Visiting the forum and posting brings in ad revenue that pays for the hosting that you're not directly paying for. Seriously, if you don't want to support the service with actual cash, you have to support it in other ways. Providing bandwidth and maintaining servers is expensive business, it's NEVER free.
kaysch
Ankhanu wrote:
kaysch wrote:
MrTylerGreen wrote:

... I don't remember that time of the internet, and I've been using it a long time. I think you might be delusional Razz

Well, my personal homepage which I uploaded back in 1995 or so is still up and running, and it's completely free even though the service provider has been sold a zillion of times. Of course, it's not a lot of space, but it's enough to present myself and my PhD paper from 1999. The equivalent in today's world would be free webspace for my photos, I guess. (Which is why chose to be on Frihost.)

Ankhanu wrote:
The point isn't to make pointless posts, the point is to contribute in a meaningful way.

Whatever post I make, whether pointless or to a point I choose, I get 5 points if it's long enough. Quantity over quality...

Ankhanu wrote:
Visiting the forum and posting brings in ad revenue that pays for the hosting that you're not directly paying for. Seriously, if you don't want to support the service with actual cash, you have to support it in other ways. Providing bandwidth and maintaining servers is expensive business, it's NEVER free.

Ad revenues? Oh yeah? On this very page where I post I don't see any ads. How does it work?
Ankhanu
They're at the bottom, unless you're cheating the system using AdBlock or a similar plugin.
kaysch
Ankhanu wrote:
They're at the bottom, unless you're cheating the system using AdBlock or a similar plugin.

OK, I noticed them. It's late in the evening over here Wink
So the more stuff I post, the more ad revenues are being generated. Fair enough.
Ankhanu
Yeah, I love how Bondings made them so easily missed Razz It's really great not having ads on our hosted sites too, as a result!
Cosmoslayer
Forced? You are posting for their service! Not everything in the world is free!
briankid
i dont think i,m feeling like i'm forced. i like posting because there is no how you will get a reply since the forum is active due to the reward behing posting in here.. anyway its fun sharing ideas and getting rewards at the same time
bukaida
I was never forced to post everyday. I never posted for the sake of posting. Sometimes I have posted 4-5 posts in a day and sometimes I did not post for weeks. I have a long relation with this forum and obviously when I get enough time to sit on Internet, I usually peep once in this forum to see what is going on here. If I find some topic of my interest ( usually I find one or more), I participate. Sometimes I have something to discuss, I put it here to have various opinions. It is going like this for the last 6 years. No force, No compulsion only buddies Very Happy
bukaida
Ankhanu wrote:
Yeah, I love how Bondings made them so easily missed Razz It's really great not having ads on our hosted sites too, as a result!

Hey, I only noticed today. Where is your unique "Ankh" Avatar? It was beautiful and mysterious Very Happy .
Ankhanu
bukaida wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Hey, I only noticed today. Where is your unique "Ankh" Avatar? It was beautiful and mysterious Very Happy .

Still in my Photobucket Smile
pauline5765
Not really. I like posting... sharing ideas and giving my own opinions...

Well, maybe YOU feel forced coz you don't enjoy writing or something.. :/
kenxeiko
Actually yes.. I just gonna host here.. By hosting here, it already gave me much work to do with the host.. And more, I've less time cause I still need to work outside.. Well, normally I luv to post tho..
deanhills
kenxeiko wrote:
Well, normally I luv to post tho..
Right. And today you did not do that badly with posting either. Nice to see you posting again Kenxeiko. Very Happy
kmr_mukund
i donot think like that "i get forced to post in this forum".i come here because i get many types of profit.various type of forum is here so i learn here many of new thinks from the various type of forum.it also give me free web hosting facility and so many profit.then how can i think that i get forced to post in this forum.
andro_king
You might feel like you are forced to do this in few situations but if you get used to this you cant stop doing it..!! Razz putting a few post is not a huge issue either just log in through your phone put few decent post then log out that's all.. spend a few mins and you will earn the reward..!!
Aredon
I think 'forced to post' is a poor word choice. You're incentivised to post, there's a bit of a difference. For one thing this hosting is free, and you're not forced into any kind of a contract. There's no "fee" to cancel your hosting. For another, and I'll use myself as an example. Negative points really don't hurt you that much as long as you're still posting regularly. I've been at a negative count for quite some time, and I'm yet to be chastised or punished for it. The mod's understand that sometimes people are busy, and as long as you're posting semi-regularly the rule is very loosely enforced. So in reality you're truly not forced into anything, and if you don't like the idea of posting you're more than welcome to switch to a different service. Very Happy

We've got a great thing going here, and I see no reason to complain. Smile
standready
Aredon wrote:
So in reality you're truly not forced into anything, and if you don't like the idea of posting you're more than welcome to switch to a different service. Very Happy

Laughing
Aredon: you can always request a 'points reset' if you feel the need to fast out of the negative.

A little posting in this great community plus hosting equals Applause
deanhills
standready wrote:

BigGeek
OK, I have not read all the replies, but I do not feel like I have to post everyday. AND, in fact I do not post everyday. I have also never asked for a points reset, and that's because I can usually get on here......Like right now, and find a topic that is of interest to me, or something I know something about, and I can write a long enough post to get 5 points.

Like right now, my point count is -3.48, and I have not posted in over a week, last time I posted, I replied on 3 or 4 different forums, and most of my posts were 5 points, or over 3.

Just like this post, I need 5 points, and writing content to get that is easy.

If all you do is reply with one liners to everything, then yeah, you have to post everyday.

I guess it's just my way of working the system and keeping my website hosted Cool

FOR FREE Very Happy
BigGeek
OK, I only got 4.6 points for the previous post, but it pulled me out of the negative on points, and now all I have to do is make three more quality posts, and I do not need to post for a while Smile
andro_king
BigGeek wrote:
OK, I only got 4.6 points for the previous post, but it pulled me out of the negative on points, and now all I have to do is make three more quality posts, and I do not need to post for a while Smile

ya make quality posts..!! Wink
Aredon
standready wrote:
Aredon wrote:
So in reality you're truly not forced into anything, and if you don't like the idea of posting you're more than welcome to switch to a different service. Very Happy

Laughing
Aredon: you can always request a 'points reset' if you feel the need to fast out of the negative.

I could get my points reset, but I think I'd rather earn my way out of the hole. Plus it's a bit more motivation to make sure I come here and post more often. I've been so busy with classes and development projects that I haven't had much free time for the social aspect of the interwebz.
Insanity
I've been posting regularly for pretty much all of my time here. If you'll notice, I've been doing it pretty steadily for more than 5 years. It's not too difficult to write a thing or two here and there, especially when there are so many forums to choose from. It's a small price to pay for relatively stable web hosting that you get for free with a decent amount of features. Keep in mind that it's easier to stay afloat if you write one long post than several smaller ones that you only get one point for.
Radar
I tend to go in bursts of posting. I'll forget about it for a while, then I'll post half a dozen things and forget about it for a bit again.
ankitdatashn
It really depends in the way one likes to post! One may post everyday and other may write many posts every fortnight Smile
Aredon
Radar wrote:
I tend to go in bursts of posting. I'll forget about it for a while, then I'll post half a dozen things and forget about it for a bit again.
That used to be my habit as well, but be careful with it. Those times when you forget to post become longer and longer while you're busy. :/