FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Referals?

Good Idea?
Yes.
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Erm.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Jack_Hammer
What about if you could have an option on you profile to turn refering links on so that if you refer someone to Frihost you get some FriH$ (or similar) for it?

I know that this might provoke some fake creation of accounts (though I doubt it).
n0obie4life
There is an extremely complicated mod for this case, but it seems disorganised, or the author wanted it that way, but i hate it that way.

I doubt Bondings has the time to install it.

I know I would Very Happy.
babumuchhala
Yes man its an excelllent idea.

But as n0ob said does bonding have the time to install it & put it in place. I really doubt. Maybe he could use the time to improve the accounts page & create the directory for listing of all sites.

And as for ur concern over fake accounts. With every referal account one does have to face some of those. Its a part & parcel of it.

I am just imagining how much would i have already got, if this thing was in place from start with say abt FRIH$10 for every referal.

Hmm...
Hmm...
Hmm...

I guess over FRIH$100 atleast Wink
mathiaus
Sounds interesting but I dont think it would work with points and as $FRI's are currently not worth anything, this mod wouldnt be useful untill then either. Unless you wanted to build them up for when they are worth something.

Dont know wether we can or not or but adding email verifecation of accounts and disallowing two of the same email should stop most of the double accounts.
Bondings
This definately would will provoke the creation of fake accounts. It is much easier to create a fake account than to refer someone.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I will never do it. If I ever find a way to make it work not with registering, but with getting a hosting account, then it would be different. Wink
n0obie4life
That mod I was talking about had all those anti-fake account features Rolling Eyes
BlackSkad
What about storing the referal address in the users-table when the user registers? When this person get's his account, your account-mod automatically pulls the address from the database. It checks if it is an FriHost-account. If it is, it searches for the user that is linked to the account and increases the points of the referring user Smile

This might be a very basic schema of what it would look like, but I guess it might work. But I do assume that information on the accounts are stored in a database too (which I'm pretty sure it is though) But it will take loads of time to create it.

But it's a nice idea Smile

BlackSkad
gonzo
encouraging referer spamming is

http://www.geekimages.com/pics/20051017/veryveryveryveryvery.png
Jack_Hammer
gonzo wrote:
encouraging referer spamming is

http://www.geekimages.com/pics/20051017/veryveryveryveryvery.png

I see your just making this clear Gonzo, it's not excessive at all...
Rolling Eyes
adminko
I love the idea Laughing , its good.
rafazamboni
its a good idea
n0obie4life
Closed to prevent spam.

Topic author can Pm me to reopen.

-close-